Chief EditorK.M.L. Pathak
Print ISSN 0367-6722
Online ISSN 0976-0555
NAAS Rating 6.43
Impact Factor 0.5 (2023)
EFFECTS OF FREEZING ON SPERM VELOCITY IN FOUR DIFFERENT AGE GROUPS OF JERMASIA BUCK
- Aamdal J., Lyngset O. and Fossum K. (1965). Toxic effect of lysolecithin on sperm. A preliminary report. Nord. Vet. Med, 17: 318–319.
- Anel L., de Paz P., Álvarez M., Chamorro CA., Boixo JC., Manso A., González M., Kaabi M. and Anel E. (2003). Field and in vitro assay of three methods for freezing ram semen. Theriogenology, 60: 1293–1308.
- Batista M., Nino T., Alamo D., Castro N., Santana M., Gonzàlez F., Cabrera F. and Gracia A. (2009). Successful artificial insemination using semen frozen and stored by an ultrafreezer in the Majorera goat breed. Theriogenology, 71: 1307-1315.
- Dorado J., Hidalgo M., Munoz A. and Rodríguez I. (2009). Assessment of goat semen freezability according to the spermatozoa characteristics from fresh and frozen samples. Anim Reprod Sci. 112: 150 – 157.
- Dowsett KF. and Knott LM. (1996). The influence of age and breed on stallion semen. Theriogenology, 46: 397–412.
- Flores E., Taberner E., Rivera MM., Pena A., Rigau T., Miró J. and Rodríguez-Gil JE. (2008). Effects of freezing/thawing on motile sperm subpopulations of boar and donkey ejaculates. Theriogenology, 70: 936 – 945.
- Iritani A. and Nishikawa A. (1963). Studies on the egg-coagulating enzyme in goat semen; IV. On the position of yolk consitituents attacked by the coagulating enzyme. Jpn. J. Anim. Reprod, 8: 113-117.
- Iritani A., Nishikawa A. and Fukuhara R. (1964). Studies on the egg yolk coagulating factor in goat sperm: I. Localization of coagulating factors and decline of pH following coagulating, Proceedings of Silver Jubilee Laboratory of Animal Husbandry, Kyoto University. pp. 97–104.
- Jayaprakash D., Patil SB., Navin Kumar M., Mujumdar KC. and Shivaji S. (2001). Semen characteristics of the captive Indian leopard (Panthera pardus). J. Androl, 22: 25–33.
- Klimowicz MD., Nizanski W., Batkowski F. and Savic, MA. (2008). The comparison of assessment of pigeon semen motility and sperm concentration by conventional methods and the CASA system (HTM IVOS). Theriogenology. 70: 77 – 82.
- Martinez-Pastor F., Garcia-Macias V., Alvarez M., Herrez P., Anel L. and De Paz, P. (2005). Sperm subpopulations in Iberian red deer epididymal sperm and their changes through the cryopreservation process. Biol. Reprod, 72: 316 – 327.
- Moses DF., de las Heras MA., Valcarcel A., Perez L. and Baldassare H. (1995). Use of computerized motility analyzer for the evaluation of frozen-thawed ram spermatozoa. Andrologia, 27: 25–29.
- Muino R., Pena AI., Rodríguez A., Tamargo C. and Hidalgo CO. (2009). Effects of crypreservation on the motile sperm subpopulations in semen from Asturiana de los Valles bulls. Theriogenology, 72: 860 – 868.
- Nelson EA. and Mukherjee TK. (1973). Comparison of two diluents for freezing goat semen in Malaysia. (Mimeographed notes in 1st Annual Report, Goat Breeding Project). Institute of Advanced Studies, University of Malaya. pp. 115–123.
- Nunez-Martínez I., Moran JM. and Pena FJ. (2006). A three-step statistical procedure to identify sperm kinematic subpopulations in canine ejaculates: changes after cryopreservation. Reprod Domest Anim, 4: 408 – 415.
- Patil SB., Jayaprakash D. and Shivaji S. (1998). Cryopreservation of semen of tigers and lions: computerized analysis of the motility parameters of the spermatozoa. Curr. Sci, 75: 930–935.
- Rijsselaere T., Van Soom A., Maes D. and de Kruif A. (2003). Effect of technical settings on canine semen motility parameters measured by the Hamilton-Thorne analyzer. Theriogenology, 60: 1553–1568.
- Roy A. (1957). Egg yolk coagulating enzyme in the semen and Cowper’s gland of the goat. Nature, 179: 318–319.
- Sawyer DE. and Brown DB. (1995). The use of an in vitro sperm activation assay to detect chemically induced damage of human sperm nuclei. Reprod Toxicol, 9 (4): 351 – 357.
- Serre V. and Robaire B. (1998). Paternal age affects fertility and progeny outcome in the Brown Norway rat. Fertil. Steril, 70: 625–631.
- Syntin P. and Robaire B. (2001). Sperm structural and motility changes during aging in the Brown Norway rat. J. Androl, 22: 235–244.
- Thurston LM., Watson PF., Mileham AJ. and Holt WV. (2001). Morphologically distinct sperm subpopulations defined by Fourier shape descriptors in fresh ejaculates correlate with variation in boar semen quality following cryopreservation. J. Androl, 22: 382-394.
- Upreti GC., Hall EL., Koppens D., Oliver JE. and Vishwanath R. (1999). Studies on the measurement of phospholipase A2 (PLA2) and PLA2 inhibitor activities in ram semen. Anim. Reprod. Sci, 56: 107–121.
- Viswanath R. and Shannon P. (1997). Do sperm cells age? A review of the physiological change in sperm during storage at ambient temperature. Reprod Fertil Dev, 9: 321 – 331.
- Watson PF. (2000). The causes of reduced fertility with cryopreserved semen. Anim Reprod Sci, 60-61: 481 – 492.
- Woolley DM. and Richardson DW. (1978). Ultrastructural injury to human spermatozoa after freezing and thawing. J. Reprod. Fertil, 53: 389–394.
- World Health Organization., 1999. In: WHO Laboratory Manual for Examination of human Semen and Semen- Cervical Mucus Interaction. 4th Edition. The Press Syndicate of the University of Cambridge. Cambridge, UK. pp. 7 – 22.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.