Housing and Management Practices of Goat Research in Chittorgarh District of Rajasthan
Citation :- Housing and Management Practices of Goat Research in Chittorgarh District of Rajasthan .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2018.(33):29-33
Livestock play a vital role in the agriculture and rural economics of the developing world. Animal husbandry is a major economic activity of the rural peoples, especially in the Chittorgarh district of Southern Rajasthan. A field survey was conducted to study goat housing and management practices of 120 respondents of 8 villages of Chittorgarh and Kapasan tehsils of Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan were interviewed. Frequencies were work out for each attributes and percentage were calculated to draw inferences. Most of goat owners has open goat shed attached to own house with floor made by dung and clay. Majority of goat owners used manger feeding (60%) which was mostly made of wooden type (55.56%). All goat owners used to water trough and cleaning and washing of goat house regularly. Majority (85%) of goat owners used to local method for identification of goat and weaning practice (70%) donot give proper housing for winter season (58.33%) and summer season (60%).
- Anonymous (2012A). Animal husbandry department India, 19th Livestock census-2012.
- Anonymous (2016). Animal husbandry department, Rajasthan State livestock development policy.
- Anonymous (2012 B). FAOSTAT available online statistical database, FAO, Rome.
- Gurjar, M.L. (2006). Goat husbandry practices in Mewar region of the southern Rajasthan. Ph.D. Thesis submitted to R.C.A. Campus, MPUAT, Udaipur (Raj).
- Jayashree, R., Jayashankar, M.R., Nagaraja, C.S., Satyanarayana, K. and Isloor, S. (2014). Goat rearing practices in southern Karnataka, International journal of science, environment, 3(4) : 1328-1335.
- Kumar, S.V., Kumar, V.R.S., Muralidharan, J.N., Murali, Kumar, P.V., Ramesh, V., Murugan, M., Gopu, P. Poovarajan, B. and Edwin S.C. (2014). Goat production systems in southern agro-climatic region of Tamil Nadu. National Seminar on "New Dimensional Approaches for Livestock Productivity and Profitability Enhancement under Era of Climate Change" & XXI Annual Convention of Indian Society of Animal Production and Management, January 28-30, 2014, Annad, Gujarat.
- Pathodiya, O.P. (2003). Annual report (2002-03). All India co-ordinated research project on goat improvement (Sirohi Field Unit), Livestock Research Station, Vallabhnagar (MPUAT, Udaipur) Raj. Ind. 8-9.
- Sabapara, G.P., Kharadi, V.B., Sorthiya L.M. (2014). Pravalent feeding and breeding management practices of goats in Navsari district Gujarat. Indo-Americal Journal Agriculture & Veterinary Science, 2(4) : 59-66.
- Satyanarayan, K. and Jagadeeswar, V. (2010). A study on knowledge and adoption behavior of livestock farmers. Indian Journal Animal Research, 44(4) : 260-264.
- Tanwar, P.S., Vaishanava, C.S. and Sharma, V. (2008). A study on socio-economic aspects of goat keepers and management practices prevailed in the tribal area of Udaipur district of Rajasthan.Indian Journal Animal Research, 42(1) : 71-74.
- Thiruvenkadan , AlK. Panneerselvam, S. and Kandasamy, N. (2005). System of housing and management of Kanni Adu goats of southern Tamil Nadu. The Indian Journal of Animal Science, 75(7) : 827-829.