Morphological Characterzation of Turmeric (Curcuma longa) Vartities
Citation :- Morphological Characterzation of Turmeric(Curcuma longa) Vartities .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2017.(32):27-28
Tuemeric (Curcuma longa) is one of the beneficial plant. It has the capability to protect and prevent the human from many diseseas. Present investigation was done on 15 turmeric varieties which were grown at H.R.C., SVPUA&T, Meerut. Their morphological characters were observed to screen out better yield giving variety. Highest plant height was observed in Jhansi-1 and Jhansi-10 (110cm). Highest leaf area was recorded in Jhansi-1 and Jhansi-10(765.4cm2). Yield of rhizome per plant was also found heighest in Jhansi-1 and Jhansi-10 but Faizabad-3 and Faizabad-5 also showed almost good yield. Therefore, Jhansi-1 and Jhansi-10 were two better varieties out of 15 in reference to yield.
Characterization and Turmeric
- Abbasi, F.M., M.A. Sagar, M. Akram and M. Ashraf. (1995). Agronomic and quality traits of some elite rice genotypes. Pak. J. Sci. Ind. Res., vol. 38 pp. 9-10.
- Chaudhary, A.S.; Sachan, S.K. and Singh, R.L. (2006). Studies on varietal performance of turmeric (Curcuma longa L.) Indian J. Crop Science, vol. 1, No. (1-2), Pp189-190.
- Jilani, M.S.; Waseem, K.; Habib-ur-Rehman, Kiran, M. Ghazanfarullah and Ahmad, J. (2012). Performance of different turmeric cultivars in Dera Ismail Khan. Pakistan j. Agri. Sci., vol.49, No.1, pp47-51.
- Kapoor, L. D. (1990). Handbook of Ayurvedic Medicinal Plants, CRC Press, Boca Raton, Florida, , pp. 185.
- Narayanpur, V.B. and S.I. Hanamashetti. (2003). Genetic variability and correlation studies in Turmeric (Curcuma longa L.). J. Plantation Crops, Vol.31, pp 48-51.
- Ruby, A. J., Kuttan, G., Dinesh Babu, K., Rajasekharan, K. N. and Kuttan, R. (1995). Antitumor and antioxidant activity of natural curcuminoids. Cancer Lett., Vol. 94, , pp79–83.
- Spices Statistics (2011). Spice Board, Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Govt of India, Cochin, INDIA.
- Srivastava, S and Singh, P.K. (2003). Morphological studies in turmeric germplasm. Indian journal of Hill Farming, Vol. 1, No.21, pp 1209-1211