- Alam, M.Z., Hoque, M.A., Ahammed, G.J., McGee, R. and Carpenter- Boggs, L. (2019). Arsenic accumulation in lentil (Lens culinaris) genotypes and risk associated with the consumption of grains, Scientific Reports. 9: 9431. | https://doi.org/ 10.1038/s41598-019-45855-z.
- Banerjee, M., Banergee, N., Bhattacharjee, P. Mondal, D., Lythgoe, P.R., Martínez, M., Pan, J., Polya, D.A. and Giri, A.K. (2013). High arsenic in rice is associated with elevated genotoxic effects in humans. Sci. Rep. 3: 2195. https://doi.org/ 10.1038/srep02195.
- Bhattacharya, P., Samal, A.C., Majumdar, J., Santra, S.C. (2009). Accumulation of arsenic and its distribution in rice plant (Oryza sativa L.) in Gangetic West Bengal, India. Paddy and Water Environment. doi: 10.1007/s10333-009-0180-z.
- Chakraborty, D., Rahaman, M.M., Paul, K., Chowdhury, U.K., Sengupta, M.K., Lodh, D. (2002). Arsenic calamity in the Indian subcontinent what lessons has been learnt? Talanta. 58: 3-22.
- Chakraborty, D., Sengupta, M.K., Rahman, M.M., Ahmed, S., Choudhury, U.K., Hossain, M.A. (2004). Groundwater arsenic contamination and its health effects in the Ganga- Meghna-Brahmaputra plain. Journal of Environmental Monitoring. 6: 74-83.
- FAO, (2010). Faostat, Fao Statistical Database, http://www.fao.org.
- FAO, (1985). Water quality guidelines for maximum crop production. Food and Agricultural Organization/UN. www.fao.org/ docrep/T0551E.2006/9/13.
- International Atomic Energy Agency, (2002). Arsenic Contamination of Groundwater in Bangladesh, International Atomic Energy Agency, Vienna.
- Islam, M.S. and Islam, F. (2019). Arsenic contamination in groundwater in Bangladesh: An Environmental and Social Disaster, https://www.iwapublishing.com/news/arsenic-contamination- groundwater-bangladesh-environmental-and-social-disaster.
- Jahid, A. Malik, Goel, S., Sandhir, R. and Nayyar, H. (2011). Uptake and distribution of arsenic in chickpea: Effects on seed yield and seed composition. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 42(14): 1728-1738. DOI: 10.1080/ 00103624.2011.584593.
- Mondal, B.K. and Suzuki, K.T. (2002). Arsenic round the world: A review. Talanta. 58: 201-35.
- Mudryj, A.N., Yu, N. and Aukema, H.M. (2014). Nutritional and health benefits of pulses. Appl. Physiol. Nutr. Metab. 39: 1197-1204.
- Nickson, R.T., McArthur, M., Ravenscroft, P., Burgess, W.G. and Ahmed, K.M. (2000). Mechanism of arsenic release to groundwater, Bangladesh and West Bengal. Applied Geochemistry. 15: 403-413.
- Pal, A., Nayak, B., Das, B., Hossain, M.A., Ahmed, S. and Chakraborty, D. (2007). Additional danger of arsenic exposure through inhalation from burning of cow dung cake laced with arsenic as a fuel in arsenic affected villages in Ganga-Meghna- Brahmaputra plain. Journal of Environmental Monitoring. 9: 1067-1070.
- Rahaman, S., Sinha, A.C., Pati, R. and Mukhopadhyay, D. (2013). Arsenic contamination: a potential hazard to the affected areas of West Bengal, India. Environ. Geochem. Health. 35: 119-132. doi: 10.1007/s10653-012-9460-4.
- Samal, A.C. (2005). An investigation on Accumulation of Arsenic in Ecosystem of Gangetic West Bengal and Assessment of Potential Health Risk, Ph. D. Thesis, University of Kalyani, West Bengal, India.
- Shamim, M.Z. and Pandey, A. (2019). Simultaneous selection model based evaluation of arsenic tolerance in black gram (Vigna mungo L.) using morphological parameters, Legume Research. 42(3): 314-319.
- World Health Organization, (1999). Arsenic in Drinking Water, Fact Sheet No. 210.
Submitted Date : 23-03-2022
Accepted Date : 17-05-2022