- Abano, E.E. and Buah, J.N. (2014). Biotechnological approaches to improve nutritional quality and shelf-life of fruits and vegetables. International Journal of Engineering and Technology. 4: 660-672.
- Ahmad, S., Chatha, Z.A., Nasir, M.A., Aziz, A., Virk, N.A. and Khan, A.R. (2006). Effect of pruning on yield and quality of kinnow fruit. Journal of Agriculture and Social Research. 2(1): 51-53.
- Almeida, D.P.F. (2011). Post-harvest application of 1- methylcyclopropene in fruit in post-harvest treatments and fruit quality and safety. 3: 85-100.
- Asrey, R. and Barman, K. (2011). Effect of pre-harvest factors on post-harvest quality of fruits. Advances in Post- Harvest Treatments and Fruit Quality and Safety. 10: 193-208.
- Atkinson, R.G., Schroeder, R., Hallet, I.C., Cohen, D. and MacRea, E.A. (2002). Overexpresssion of polygalacturonase in transgenic apple trees leads to a range of novel phenotypes involving changes in cell adhesion. Plant Physiology. 129: 122-133.
- Chadha, K.L., Ravindran, P.N. and Shahjiram, L. (2000). Biotechnology in Horticulture. In: Biotechnology in Horticultural and Plantation Crops, [Chadha, K.L., Ravindran, P.N. and Shahjiram, L. (eds.)]. Malhotra Publishing House, New Delhi India pp. 1-25.
- Chourasia, A., Sane, V.A., Singh, R.K. and Nath, P. (2008). Isolation and characterization of the MiCel 1 gene from mango: Ripening related expression and endoglucanase activity during softening. Plant Growth Regulator. 56: 117-127.
- Dahmani-Mardas, F., Troadec, C., Boualem, A., Le´veˆque, S., Alsadon, A.A., Aldoss, A.A., Dogimont, C. and Bendahmane, A. (2010). Engineering melon plants with improved fruit shelf- lifeusing the TILLING approach. PLoS ONE. 5(12): e15776. doi:10.1371/ journal.pone.0015776.
- Eshel, D., Ben-Arie, R., Dinoor, A. and Prusky, D. (2000). Resistance of gibberellins-treated persimmon fruit to Alternariaalternata arises from the reduced ability of the fungus to produce endo-1,4-â-glucanase. Phytopathology. 90(11): 1256-1262.
- Gao, M., Matsuta, N., Murayama, H., Toyomasu, T., Mitsushaahi, W., AbhyaDandekar, M., Tao, R. and Nishimura, K. (2007). Gene expression and ethylene production inn transgenic pear (Pyruscommuniscv La France) with sense or antisense cDNA encoding ACC oxidase. Plant Science. 173(1): 32-42.
- Good, X., Kellogg, J.A., Wagoner, W., Langhoff, D., Matsumura, W. and Bestwick, R.K. (1994). Reduced ethylene synthesis by transgenic tomatoes expressing S- adenosylmethionine hydrolase. Plant Molecular Biology. 26: 781-790.
- Klee, H.J., Hayford, M.B., Kretzmer, K.A., Barry, G.F. and Kishore, G.M. (1991). Control of ethylene synthesis by expression of bacterial enzyme in transgenic tomato plants. The Plant Cell. 3: 1187-1193.
- Laurena, A.C., Magdalita, P.M., Hidalgo, M.S.P., Villegas, V.N., Mendoza, E.M.T. and Botella, J.R. (2002). Cloning and molecular characterization of ripening- related ACC synthase from papaya fruit (Carica papaya L.) proceedings of international symposium tropical and subtropical fruits. Acta Horticulture. 575: 163-169.
- Loaharanu, P.M.S. (2007). Irradiated Foods. Sixth Edition. [Kava, R. (eds)]. American Council on Science and Health, New York USA. P 1-47 URLs: https://www. acsh.org.
- Meli, S.V., Ghosh, S., Prabha, T.N., Chakroborty, N., Chakroborty, S. and Datta, A. (2010). Enhancement of fruit shelf- life by suppressing N-glycan processing enzymes. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 107: 2413-2418.
- Nambeesan, S., Datsenka, T., Ferruzzi, M.G., Malladi, A., Mattoo, A.K. and Handa, A.K. (2010). Overexpression of yeast spermidine synthase impacts ripening, senescence and decay symptoms in tomato. The Plant Journal. 63: 836-847.
- Sandhya (2011). Modified atmosphere packaging of fresh fruit. Advances in Post-Harvest Treatments and Fruit Quality and Safety. 6: 209-222.
- Sharma, R.R. and Pal, R.K. (2009). Shrink-wrapping high- value temperate fruits for enhancing shelf-life. ICAR News jul-sept, 1-2.
- Tahir, I.I., Johansson, E. and Olsson, M.E. (2007). Improvement of quality and storability of apple cv Aroma by adjustment of some pre-harvest conditions. Scientia Horticulture. 112: 164-171.
- Tejero, G., Bocanegra, J.A., Martinez, G., Romeo, R., Duran- Zuazo, V.H. and Muriel-Fernandez, J.L. (2010). Positive impact of regulated deficit irrigation on yield and fruit quality in a commercial citrus orchard [Citrus sinensis (L.) cv. salustiano]. Agricultural Water Management. 97(5): 614-622.
- Vasanthaiah, H.K., Ravishankar, K.V., Shivashankara, K.S., Anand, L., Narayanaswamy, P., Mukunda, G. and Prasad, T.G. (2006). Cloning and characterization of differently ezpressed gene off internal breakdown in mango fruit (Mangifera indica). Journal of Plant Physiology. 163(6): 671-679.
- Vicente, A.R.R., Martinez, G.A., Chaves, A.R. and Civello, P.M. (2002). Quality of heat-treated strawberry fruit during refrigerated storage. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 25: 59-71.
- Xie, Y.H., Zhu, B.Z., Yang, X.L., Zhang, H.X., Fu, D.Q., Zhu, H.L., Shao, Y., Li, Y.C., Gao, H.Y. and Lyo, Y.B. (2006). Delay of postharvest ripening and senescence of tomato fruit through virus-induced LeACS2 gene silencing. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 42: 8-15.
Submitted Date : 23-11-2021
Accepted Date : 23-05-2022