Chief EditorYashpal Singh Malik
Print ISSN 0303-3821
Online ISSN 0976-4631
NAAS Rating 3.07
Diagnosis of surra in buffalo based on Clinical Symptoms
First Online 07-12-2020|
- Brown, C.G.D. and A.G. Leak, (1999). Diseases Caused by protozoa, in hand book on animal disease in the publication, tropic (Eds: Sewell and Brockless by), 14th edition, Bailliere Tindall, London, pp: 2000-2007.
- Davison, H.C., Thrusfield, M.V., Muharsini, S., Husein, A., Partoutomo, S., Rae, P.F., Masake, R. and Luckins, A.G. (1999). Evaluation of antigen detection and antibody detection tests for Trypanosoma evansi infections of buffaloes in Indonesia. Epidemiology and infection, 123(1):149-155.
- Gill, B.S. (1991). Trypanosomes and trypanosomosis in Indian Livestock. New Delhi, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, 192 p
- Konnai, S., Mekata, H., Mingala, C.N., Abes, N.S., Gutierrez, C.A., Herrera, J.R.V., Dargantes, A.P., Witola, W.H., Cruz, L.C., Inoue, N. and Onuma, M. (2009). Development and application of a quantitative real-time PCR for the diagnosis of Surra in water buffaloes. Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 9(4): 449-452.
- Loehr, K.F., Pohlpark, S., Srikitjakarn, L., Thaboran, P., Bettermann, G., and Staak, C. (1985). Trypanosoma evansi infection in buffaloes in North-East Thailand. I. Field investigations. Tropical Animal Health and Production, 17(3): 121-125.
- Luckins, A.G., Dwinger, R.H., Maudlin, I., Holmes, P.H. and Miles, M.A. (2004). Non-tsetse-transmitted animal trypanosomiasis. The trypanosomiases, 269-281.
- Pathak, K.M.L. and Singh, N. (2005). Animal trypanosomosis. Intas polivet, 6(2): 194-199.
- Rashmi, S., Choudhary, N. S., Bagherwal, R. K., Vivek, A., Mehta, H. K., Kamlesh, C. and Rahul, P. (2018). Incidence of trypanosomosis in buffaloes in Indore and Ratlam districts of MadhyaPradesh. Veterinary Practitioner, 19(2): 222-224.
- Rathore, V.S. and Sengar, Y.S. (2005). Diagnostic parasitology, Pointer Publishers, Jaipur, pp 75-79.
- Saror, D.I. (1980). Observations on the course and pathology of Trypanosoma vivax in Red Sokoto goats. Research in Veterinary Science, 28(1): 36-38.
- Tuntasuvan, D., Luckins, A.G., Mikami, T. and Hirumi, H. (1998). Status of surra in livestock in Thailand. Journal of Protozoology Research, 8(3):162-170.
- Walia, P.S., Kalra, I.S., Juyal, P.D. and Ahuja, S.P. (1996). Role of activity of Trypanosoma evansi in inducing anemia and immunomodulation in buffalo calves. Journal of Veterinary Parasitology, 10: 1-9.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.