- Anon (1997) Soluble silicates and their applications. Crossfield Publication, Crossfield,Warrington, UK, Issue No. 2.
- Chapaman, H.D. and Pratt, P.P. (1961) Methods of analysis for soil, plant and water, Division of Agriculture Science. California University, USA, pp. 309.
- Durgude, A.G., Pharande, A.L., Kadlag, A.D., Kadam, S.R. and Patil, A.A. (2014) Silicon nutrition on onion, book-novel innovation and strategies for boosting production and productivity in agriculture. Editor Ratan Kumar Rao. 217-224.
- Kadlag, A.D., Durgude, A.G., Pharande, A.L., Kadam, S.R., Kale, S.D. and Todmal, S.M. (2014) Silicon nutrition on onion, book-novel innovation and strategies for boosting production and productivity in agriculture. Editor Ratan Kumar Rao. 369-371
- Lewin, J. and Reimann, B.E.F. (1969) Silicon and plant growth. Annonomous. Review of Plant Physiology. 20, 289-304.
- Ma, J.F., Miyake, Y. and Takahashi, E. (2001) Silicon as a beneficial element for crop plants. In: Silicon in Agriculture. Ed. Elsevier Science, Amsterdam. 17-39.
- Mali, M. and Aery, N.C. (2008) Influence of silicon on growth, relative water contents and uptake of silicon, calcium and potassium in wheat grown in nutrient solution. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 31(11), 1867-1876.
- Miyake, Y. (1993) Silica in soils and plants. Science of Research. Faculty Okayanam University. 81, 61–79.
- Nayar, P.K., Misra, A.K. and Patnaik, S. (1977) Evaluation of silica - supplying power of soils for growing rice. Plant Soil. 47, 487-494.
- Panse, V.G. and Sukhatme, P.V. (1985) Statistical methods for Agricultural Workers, ICAR, New Delhi, pp. 347
- Pawar, R.B. and Hegde, B.A. (1979) Effect of silicon foliar application on growth, tillering and photosynthetic efficiency in Oryza sativa var. Satiya. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 21(1), 12-16.
- Phonde, D.B., Zende, N.A., Mali, V.S., Ghogake, P.V., Pawar, B.H., Yadav, R.G., Vasekar, V.S.and Undre, B.V. (2009) Response of sugarcane to levels and sources of silicon in medium deep black soils. Silicon research project in Vasantdada Sugar Institute, Pune.
- Pinchel and Hayer (2013) A review of silicon and its benefits for plant, pp.34-38.
- Prakash, N.B., Chandrashekar, N., Mahendra, C., Patil, S.U., Thippeshappa, G.N. and Laane, H.M. (2011) Effect of foliar spray of soluble silicic acid on growth and yield parameters of wetland rice in hilly and coastal zone soils of Karnataka, South India. Journal Plant Nutrition. 34, 18831893.
- Prakash, N.B., Narayanswami, C. and Hanumantharaju, T.H. (2010) Effect of calcium silicate as a silicon source on growth and yield of rice in different acid soils of Karnataka, Southern India IRRN. (0117-4185).
- Rani, A.Y. and Narayanan, A. (1994) Role of silicon in plant growth. Agro. Annul. Rev. Plant Physiol. (B & A) 1, 243-262.
- Rani, Y.A., Narayanan, A., Devi, V. and Subbaramanian, P. (1997) the effect of silicon application on growth and yield of rice plants. Annual Plant Physiology. 11(2), 125-128.
- Singh, A.K., Singh, R. and Singh, K. (2005a) Growth, yield and economics of rice (Oryza sativa) as influenced by level and time of silicon application. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 50(3), 190-193.
- Singh, K.K. and Singh, K. (2005) Effect of N and Si on growth, yields attribute and yield of rice in alfisols. IRRN. 12, 40 - 41.
Submitted Date : 24-09-2020
Accepted Date : 20-10-2020