Management of termite in wheat under semi irrigated condition
Citation :- Management of termite in wheat under semi irrigated condition .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2018.(33):287-290
Wheat [Triticum aestivum (Linnaeus) Em. Thell] belongs to family Gramineae, believed to have originated from South West Asia. It is most important cereal cultivated crop in temperate area of the world. Wheat is second important staple food crop after rice. In field condition the termite (Odontotermes obesus Rambur) is predominant insect-pest causing 20-40% damage to the crop particularly in rainfed condition. For the management of termite in wheat, Krishi Vigyan Kendra demonstrate the technology - Seed treatment by Fipronil 5% SC @ 6 ml./ kg seed before sowing and soil treatment by Fipronil 5 % SC @ 1.6 lit./ha. During 2016-17 & 2017-18 at farmers field in adopted village of KVK conduct the demonstration. Under the technology, reduce the termite infestation 53.46 per cent resulted18.92 per cent enhance the productivity of wheat crop. Under IPM technology, the average productivity of chickpea is 3865 Kg/ha whereas in farmers practice, the average productivity of chickpea is 3250 Kg/ ha.
- Bhanot J.P.; Verma A.N.; Batra G.R (1991). Effect of seed treatment with different insecticides on germination damage by termite microtermes obesi and yield of wheat triticum aestivum. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 61(9): 688-691.
- Kishor K, Kumar J., Vikrant, Dotasara S. K. and Sharma S. (2017). Wheat Crop Damaged by Termite and Co-Related of Different Doses of Insecticidal Treatment Compared with Yield in Standing Crop. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci (2017) 6(12): 449-454.
- Mishra R.D. Sharma, R.K., Singh, K.P., Parsohan, P.A. Tiwari, A.N., Verna, R.S. and Jaiswal, (2003). Wheat Research Pantnagar, Research Bulletin No. 132, Directorate of Experiment Station, GBPUA&T, Pantnagar. Uttrancha l: 47- 49.
- Srivastava, K.P. (1993). A text book of applied entomology. Kalyani Publisher II-: 256- 265
- Kambrekar, D.N.; Halagalimath, S.P. ; Somanagouda, G (2016). Management of termites in wheat with Fipronil 3% G - new insecticide molecule. Journal of Experimental Zoology, India. 19 (1):185-189.