A Modification and development of threshing unit for minor millets
Citation :- A Modification and development of threshing unit for minor millets .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2018.(33):195-199
Minor millets are small sized cereal grains belonging to the family Poaceae (Gramineae) are grown mainly in America, Japan, China and India. In India minor millet grown are finger millet, proso millet, barnyard millet, kodo millet and little millet. Threshing is based on the principle that, some impact is given on crops, the grains are separated from panicles, cobs and pods. The performance of the threshing unit with development of five different shapes of pegs for threshing small millet. small millet thresher was tested at two different speed 712 rpm and 1068 rpm. The highest threshing efficiency with disc shape peg of 99.57 % cleaning efficiency 98.64 % output capacity 19.68 kg/ha was observed. In disc shape peg seed damage negalible. The cost of operation was also minimum. On the basis of above the disc type pe is recommended for minor millet.
- Ajav, E.A. and Adejumo, B.A.,(2005), Performance evaluation of an Okra thresher. Agricultural Engineering International: the CIGR Ejournal. Manuscript PM 04006, Vol. VII,
- Anonymous, (1983), The test code and procedure for power grain threshers part 12. Regional Network for Agricultural Machinery, UNDP Philippines. : 227- 232.
- Burubai W., Akor A.J., Igoni A.H. And Puyate Y.T., (2007). Some physical properties of African nutmeg (Monodora myristica). Int.Agrophysics, 21: 123-126
- Chowde G, Sreenatha M, Ramya A, and Jayamala GB, (2010). Estimation of Energy Requirement for Finger millet (Eleusine G.) Cultivation in Karnataka (India). International Journal of Applied Agricultural Research, 5(1)1-8
- Kamble H.G., A.P. Srivastara, J.S. Panwar (1997)Development and Evaluation of Pearl-Millet thresher paper presented at the XXXII Annual convention of the Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers held in Punjab. Agricultural University of Ludhiana.
- Naveen Kumar, D. B., Prasanna Kumar, Arun Kumar, H.S., Sandeep, T.N. and Sudhadevi, G. (2013). Efficiency of mechanical thresher over traditional method of threshing finger millet.International Journal of. AgriculturalEngineering, 6(1): 184-188.
- Picket L. K., and N. L. West. (1988). Agricultural Machinery- Functional elements: threshing, separating and cleaning. In CRC handbook of Engineering in Agriculture . Vol 1. Eds Brown, R. H. CRC Press. Florida USA. Pp 65-84
- Pandey A and Stevens RM (2016). Performanceevalution of high capacity multicrop thresher International Journal of Agriculture Engineering.Vol-9(1): (94-101).
- Ramakumar M.V., Krishnamurthy K.C. And Vishwanath A.P.(1988), Effect of moisture content of ragi on threshing. Mysore J. Agric. Sci., 22, 68-71.
- UACES (2004). Threshing soybeans. 2301 South University Avenue, little Rock, Arkansas,72204, USA