Experiments with mixtures
Citation :- Experiments with mixtures .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2018.(33):181-184
The designs for mixture experiments have been extensively used in agricultural/ industrial experiments. Some of the situations in which these designs could be advantageously used are: split application of fertilizers, intercropping experiments where the interest of experimenter is to find best crop mixtures, sensory evaluation experiments for making the agricultural and animal products, preparation of fertilizers, insecticides/ pesticides mixtures for optimum response, feeding trials in animal nutritional experiments. Mixture experiments can be used in with unrestricted region, with restricted region having upper and/or lower bounds, with process variable(s).
Simplex lattice design
Simplex centroid design.
- Batra, P. K., Prasad, R., Gupta, V. K. and Khanduri, O.P. (1999). A strategy for analysis of experiments involving split application of fertilizer. Statistics and Applications, 1(2), 175-187.
- Cornell, J.A. (2002). Experiments with Mixtures Designs, Models and Analysis of Mixture Data. John Willey & Sons, New York.
- Dhekale, J.S., Prasad, R. and Gupta, V. K.(2003). Analysis of intercropping experiments using experiments with mixture methodology. Journal of Indian Society of Agricultural Statistics, 56(3), 260-266.
- Gomez, W.A. and Gomez, R.A. (1976). Statistical Procedures for agricultural research. John Willey & Sons, New York.
- Gupta, V.K., Lal, Krishan and Parsad, R. (2008). Experiments with Mixtures: A Bibliography. Technical Report, IASRI, New Delhi.
- Murthy, J.S. and Das, M.N. (1968). Design and analysis of experiment with mixtures. Annals of Mathematical statistics, 39, 1517-1539.
- Nigam, A.K., Gupta, S.C. and Gupta, S. (1983). An algorithm for extreme vertices designs for linear mixture models. Technometrics, 25, 367-71.
- Parsad, R., Gupta, V.K., Batra, P.K., Srivastava, R., Kaur, Kaur, A. and Arya, P. (2004). A diagnostic study of design and analysis of field experiments. Technical Report, IASRI, New Delhi.
- Scheffe, H. (1958). Experiments with Mixtures. J. Royal Statist. Soc., B20, 344-360.
- Scheffe, H. (1963). Simplex-centroid designs for experiments with Mixtures. J. Royal Statist. Soc., B25, 235-263.