Study on arrival and development of Myzus persicae on potato varieties under changing climatic conditions
Citation :- Study on arrival and development of Myzus persicae on potato varieties under changing climatic conditions .Bhartiya Krishi Anusandhan Patrika.2018.(33):155-160
To achieve good health standards of potato seed, the site of potato seed production should be aphid free at least for 90 days or the number of aphids/100 compound leaf should not be more than 20, which is the critical level of aphid numbers. In the year 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13, 40 varieties of potato of CPRI, Shimla were planted in main crop seasons at Central Potato Research Institute Campus Modipuram (Meerut) and observations were recorded on the population buildup of M. persicae starting from arrival to attain its maximum. The population of aphids was different on potato varieties during different years and on the basis of observations, it was difficult to predict which variety to be first preferred by aphids. Kufri Girdhari recorded the least number of aphids.
- Kearsey, M.J. (1965) Biometrical analysis of random mating population: A Comparison of five experimental designs. Heredity, 20: 205-235.
- Griffing, B (1956) A generalized treatment of the use of diallel crosses in quantitative inheritance. Heredity,10: 31-50.
- Pooni, H.S., Jinks, J.L. and Singh, R.K. (1984). Methods of analysis and the estimation of the genetic parameters from a diallel set of crosses. Heredity, 52: 243-253.
- Callaway, J.C. (2004) Hempseed as a nutritional resource: an overview. Euphytica, 140, 65-72.
- Hayman, B. I. (1954) The analysis of variance of diallel tables. Biometrics, 10: 235-244.
- Jinks, J. L.(1954) The analysis of continuous variation in a diallel cross of Nicotiana rustica varieties. Genetics, 39:767-788