Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Full Research Article
A Homonym Determination of Olea europaea L. by using Molecular Identification and Image Analysis
First Online 03-05-2022|
Methods: The objective of this study was to determine a homonym of Olea europaea var. Tavşan Yüreği by using molecular identification and image analysis. Based on molecular analyses and morphological measurements made on collected leaf and fruit samples collected, the morphological identification method is used based on imaging techniques from high-resolution photos.
Result: The results showed that, according to the molecular definition and image analysis measurements, the source of the difference between all locations, including the BATEM sample, may be genotype or phenotypic diversity within the variety.
- Al Ibrahem, A., Bari, A., Rashed, MM. (2008). Olive genetic diversity of palmyra under threat. Acta Hortic. 791: 143-148.
- Anonymous, (2021c). Mobile olive oil factory truck. Webpage: http:/ /www.milliyet.com.tr/nar-gourmet-anadolu-koleksiyonu- pembenar-detay-markalardanhaberler-2010846/, Access date: 12.04.2021.
- Anonymous, (2021a). Olive Germplasm (Olea europaea L.): Cultivars, synonyms, cultivation areas, descriptors. Webpage: http://www.oleadb.it/, Access date: 12.04.2021
- Anonymous, (2021b). Information about the registration of the Tavşan Yüreği olive variety by BATEM. Webpage: http://www.tarim.gov.tr/BUGEM/TTSM/Belgeler/Kay%C4%B1t%20Listeleri/Meyve%20ve%20Asma%20%C3%87e%C5 %9Fit%20Listesi%20(%20Fruit%20%20Vine%20)Tescilli%20%C3%A7e%C5%9Fitler%20listesi%20(Registered%20 varieties)/Meyvetescil09.03.2017.xls, Access date: 12.04.20210
- Bari, A., Martýn, A., Boulouha, B., Gonzales-Andujar, J.L., Barranco, D., Ayad, G., Padulosý, S. (2003). Use of fractals and moments to describe olive cultivars. Journal of Agricultural Science. 141: 63-71 Cambridge University Press DOI: 10.1017/S0021859603003526.
- Canözer, Ö. (1991). Standart zeytin çeşitleri kataloğu. T.C. Tarım ve Köyişleri Bakanlığı Genel Yayın No: 334. Seri:16, 107 s.
- Ercisli, S., Bencic, D., Ipek, A., Barut, E., and Liber, Z. (2013). Genetic relationships among olive (Olea europaea L.) cultivars native to Croatia and Turkey. Journal of Applied Botany and Food Quality. 85(2): 144.
- Özilbey, N. (2011). Zeytin çeşitlerimiz. Filiz matbaacılık, Ankara, s. 55-56.
- Ozkaya, M.T. (2004). Genetic and biologic characterization of some olive (Olea europaea L.) cultivars grown in Turkey. Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 10(02).
- Ozkaya, M.T., Ergulen, E., Ulger, S. and Ozilbey, N. (2009). Molecular characterization of some selected wild olive (Olea oleaster L.) ecotypes grown in Turkey. Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 15: 14-19.
- Topaklı, F. and Hepaksoy, S. (2019). Türkiye’deki zeytin çeşitlerinin moleküler analizlerinin genel değerlendirmesi. Yüzüncü Yıl Üniversitesi Tarım Bilimleri Dergisi, 29(2): 362-372.
- Yegenoglu, E.D., Sesli, M. and Gevrekci, Y. (2017). Determining the genetic relationships between cultivated type olives using ISSR and morphological markers. Journal of Environmental Biology. 38(5 Special Issue): 1043-1048.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.