Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Full Research Article
Examining the Nutrient Exchange in All Incubation Periods in Chukar Partridges
First Online 09-11-2021|
Methods: A total of 1210 eggs were carefully separated into their components (albumen, yolk, shell, amniotic-allantoic fluid and embryo) on day 0 (fresh), in the first (day 7), second (day 14) and third (day 21) weeks of incubation and on the hatching date. The moisture, crude protein, crude fat, carbohydrate, crude ash and energy level were determined in egg components.
Result: The albumen, yolk, shell, fluid and embryo rates were calculated to be 53.62, 34.84, 11.53, 0.0 and 0.0% in fresh egg, 16.74, 33.49, 16.22, 31.76 and 2.06% in the first week of incubation, 15.65, 28.32, 15.58, 23.35 and 17.10% in the second week of incubation and 0.0, 23.33, 19.38, 0.0 and 57.29% in the third week of incubation, respectively. The hatching weight of the chick was 16.16 g. The nutrients of the yolk, albumen, fluid and shell proportionally varied significantly in different periods of incubation. According to the nutrient changes calculated based on the weight differences of egg components, carbohydrates were mostly used for nutrients during incubation. It was found that even though the nutrients in all the egg components were used in the different periods of incubation, egg yolk was an important source for the embryo throughout the incubation period.
- A.O.A.C. (2000). Official Methods of Analysis. 17th Edition, Washington DC Association of Official Agricultural Chemist.
- Alkan, S., Galiç, A., Karsli, T., Karabağ, K. (2015). Effects of egg weight on egg quality traits in partridge (Alectoris chukar). Journal of Applied Animal Research. 43: 450-456.
- Anonymous (2002). Food Energy-methods of Analysis and Conversion Factors. FAO Food and Nutrition Paper 77. ISSN 0254-4725. Report of a Technical Workshop. Rome.
- Bauer, R., Plieschnig, J.A., Finkes, T., Riegler, B., Hermann, M., Schneider, W.J. (2013). The developing chicken yolk sac acquires nutrient transport competence by an orchestrated differentiation process of its endodermal epithelial cells. Journal of Biological Chemistry. 288: 1088-1098.
- Gruychev, G. (2016). Declining populations of Chukar partridge (Alectoris chukar) in Bulgaria. Turkish Journal of Zoology. 40: 818-823.
- Habibi, H., Ghahtan, N., Brooks, D.M. (2019). Effect of sex ratio, storage time and temperature on hatching rate, fertility and embryonic mortality in Chukar partridge (Alectoris chukar). Animal Reproduction Science. 203: 68-74.
- Khalil, M.H., Hassan M.I., Elghalid, O.A., Hassan, S.S. (2021). The effect of in ovo injection of bee venom on hatchability and some immunological parameters of Alexandria chicks’ strain at hatch. Egyptian Poultry Science Journal. 41: 1- 13.
- Kirikçi, K., Çam, M., Başer, E., Akbulut, N.K., Bilgiç, M.A. (2018). Effects of egg weight on hatchability characteristics in Chukar partridges. Journal of Bahri Dagdas Animal Research. 7: 1-6.
- Maatjens, C.M., Reijrink, I.A.M., Van Den Anker, I., Molenaar, R., Van Der Pol, C.W., Kemp, B., Van Den Brand, H. (2014). Temperature and CO2 during the hatching phase. I. Effects on chick quality and organ development. Poultry Science. 93: 645-654.
- Matuszewski, A., Łukasiewicz, M., Niemiec, J. (2021). Calcium carbonate nanoparticles-toxicity and effect of in ovo inoculation on chicken embryo development, broiler performance and bone status. Animals. 11: 932.
- Moran, J.E.T. (2007). Nutrition of the developing embryo and hatchling. Poultry Science 86: 1043-1049.
- Nasir, Z., Peeble, E.D. (2018). Symposium: avian embryo nutrition and incubation. Poultry Science. 97: 2994-2995.
- Reìhault-Godbert, S., Mann, K., Bourin, M. (2014). Effect of embryonic development on the chicken egg yolk plasma proteome after 12 days of incubation. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 62: 2531-2540.
- Sheng, G. (2014). Day 1 chick development. Developmental Dynamics. 243: 357-67.
- Simsek, U.G., Ciftci, M., Yaman, M., Ozcelik, M., Baykalır, Y., Kızılaslan, A., Bayrakdar, A., Cambay, Z., Yakut, S., Erisir, Z. (2020). Effects of light color on growth performance, histomorphometric features of small intestine and some blood parameters in Chukar partridges (Alectoris chukar). Kafkas Universitesi Veteriner Fakultesi Dergisi. 26: 33- 39.
- Song, K.T., Choi, S.H., Oh, H.R. (2000). A comparison of egg quality of pheasant, chukar, quail and guinea fowl. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences. 13: 986-990.
- Stower, M.J., Bertocchini, F. (2017). The evolution of amniote gastrulation: The blastopore primitive streak transition. Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Developmental Biology. 6: 262.
- Uni, Z., Yadgary, L., Yair, R. (2012). Nutritional limitations during poultry embryonic development. Journal of Applied Poultry Research. 21: 175-184.
- Van Der Wagt, I., Jong, I.C., Mitchell, M.A. (2020). A review on yolk sac utilization in poultry. Poultry Science. 99: 2162-2175.
- Yadgary, L., Cahaner, A., Kedar, O. (2010). Yolk sac nutrient composition and fat uptake in late-term embryos in eggs from young and old broiler breeder hens. Poultry Science. 89: 2441-2452.
- Yadgary, L., Uni, Z. (2012). Yolk sac carbohydrate levels and gene expression of key gluconeogenic and glycogenic enzymes, as compared to the liver, during chick embryonic development. Poultry Science. 91: 444-453.
- Yair, R., Uni, Z. (2011). Content and uptake of minerals in the yolk of broiler embryos during incubation and effect of nutrient enrichment. Poultry Science. 90: 1523-1531.
- Yamak, U.S. (2015). Artificial breeding of wild birds in Turkey: Partridge breeding case. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 49: 258-261.
- Zambrowicz, A., Dąbrowska, A., Bobak, L. (2014). Egg yolk proteins and peptides with biological activity. Postepy Higieny I Medycyny Doswiadczalnej. 68: 1524-1529.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.