Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Cost Economics of Feeding Rice Gluten Meal and Soybean Meal through Dietary Addition of Enzymes in Broilers
First Online 27-05-2021|
Methods: A biological experiment of 42 days duration was undertaken in day old chicks (n= 384) divided into 12 dietary treatments as per 3x4 factorial design having 4 replicates per treatment with 8 birds in each. Twelve experimental diets were prepared by incorporating control, two different levels of rice gluten meal RGM consisted of (15 and 17.5%), without and with three different types of enzymes xylanase (X), protease (P) and multienzymes (M).
Result: The rice gluten meal at the inclusion level of 15% reduced feed cost per kg live weight, meat yield and eviscerated yield by 5.44, 5.13 and 4.69%, respectively. Protease enzyme supplementation in 15% rice gluten meal further reduced feed cost per kg live weight by 2.60%. Thus, it may be concluded protease enzyme is most cost effective in rice gluten meal diet.
- AOAC (2000). Association of official analytical chemists. Official methods of analysis. 17th edn.,Washington, DC.
- Agricultural Statistics. (2018). Agricultural statistics at a glance. Department of agriculture, cooperation and farmers welfare. Government of India, New Delhi.
- Chessson, A. (2001). Non starch polysaccharide degrading enzymes in poultry diets: influence of ingredients on the selection of activities. World Poultry Science. 57: 251-262.
- Dinani, O.P., Tyagi, Pramod K., Mandal, A.B., Tyagi, Praveen K. and Dutta N. (2019). Evaluation of feeding value of rice based Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles (DDGS) for broiler chickens. Indian Journal of Animal Research. 53: 901-906.
- ICAR. (2013). Nutrient requirements of Animals-Poultry. Indian council of agriculture research, NewDelhi, India. 1:13-16.
- Kamra, D.N.and Agarwal, N. (2003). Techniques in rumen microbiology. I.V.R.I.D.U, Izatnagar, U.P. India.
- Kumar, R., Thakur, S.S. and Mahesh, M.S. (2016). Rice gluten meal as an alternative by product feed forgrowing dairy calves. Tropical Animal Health Production. 48 (3): 619-624.
- Malik, T.A., Thakur, S.S., Mahesh, M.S. and Yogi, R.K. (2017). Replacing groundnut cake with glutenmeals of rice and maize in diets for growing Sahiwal cattle. Asia-Australian Journal of Animal Sciences. 30(10): 1410.
- Metwally, A. and Farahat, M. (2015). Nutritive value and feeding of rice gluten meal in broiler chickens. Research Opinions in Animal and Veterinary Sciences. 5: 443-451.
- Sherazi, T.H., Alam, M.Z., GiIani, A.H. and Nawaz, H. (1995). Graded replacement of fish meal with rice protein meal in broiler ration. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 32: 2-3.
- Snedecor, G.W. and Cochran, W.G. (1989). Statistical Methods, 7th edn. Oxford and IBH.Iowa State University Press, Iowa, USA.
- Tukey, J. (1949). Comparing Individual Means in the Analysis of Variance. Biometrics. 5: 99-114.
- Wani, M.A. (2017). Evaluation of feeding value of rice gluten meal in broiler chicken. Ph.D. thesis submitted to IVRIDU, Izatnagar, U.P. India.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.