Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Full Research Article
Management of Root-knot Nematode Meloidogyne incognita on Mulberry with Passiflora foetida
First Online 06-10-2021|
Methods: Hence a pot experiment was conducted for the evaluation of efficacy of eco-friendly formulate like botanical extract from Passiflora foetida L., to manage nematode disease severity applied as soil amendment and aqueous leaf extract on nematode egg hatching.
Result: After treatment, nematode infestation reduced significantly in terms of number of root knots/ g root weight and nematode egg masses / g root weight in mulberry plants and the treated plants showed better growth in shoot and root length compared to control plants. The aqueous extract of P. foetida showed maximum inhibition of egg hatchability with an increase in the concentration of plant extract.
- Chanturiya, N.N., Labakhua, L.V. (1963). Soobsch Akad Nauk Gruz SSR. 32(1): 141-148.
- Chitwood, B.G. (1949). Proc. Helminth Soc. Wash. 16(2): 90-104S.
- Dhawan, S.C., Kaur, S. and Singh, A. (2004). Effect of Bacillus thuringiensis on the mortality of root knot nematode, Meloidogyne Incognita. Indian Journal of Nematology. 34: 98-99.
- Echeverri, F., Arango, V., Quinones, W., Terres, F., Escobar, G. and Rosero, Y. (2001). Passiflorocins, Polyketides and a-pyrones from Passiflora foetidaresin. Phytochemistry. 56: 881-885.
- Govindaiah, Dandin, S.B. and Sharma, D.D. (1991). Pathogenicity and avoidable leaf yield loss due to Meloidogyne incognita in mulberry (Morus alba L.). Indian Journal of Nematology. 21: 52-57.
- Mohd Asif, Moh Tariq, Amir Khan and Mansoor, A. Siddiqui, (2017). Biocidal and antinemic properties of aqueous extracts of Ageratum and Coccinia against root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita in vitro. The Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 12(2): 108-122. http://dx.doi.org/10.4038/jas. v12i2.8229.
- Moosavi, M.R. (2012). Nematicidal effect of some herbal powders and their aqueous extracts against Meloidogyne javanica. Nematrop. 42(1): 48-56. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3923/ pjbs.2001.1251.1252.
- Muniasamy, S., Pavaraj, M. and Rajan, M.K. (2010). Efficacy of the fruit extract of Citrullus colocynthis (L.) on the root-knot nematode Meloidogyne incognita infecting Vigna ungiculata (L.). Journal of Biopesticides. 3(1): 309-312. http://dx.doi. org/10.5958/j.2319-1198.2.3.027.
- Narayanan, E.S., Kasiviswanathan, K. and Iyengar, M.N.S. (1966). Effect of varietal feeding, irrigation levels and nitrogen fertilization on larval development and cocoon characters of Bombyx mori L. Ibid. 5: 13-17.
- Nelaballe, V.K. and Mukkara, L.D. (2013). A Preliminary study on the nematicidal effect of some local flora on Meloidogyne incognita Chit wood infesting mulberry. International Journal of Chemical, Environmental and Biological Sciences. 1(3): 475-477. http://dx.doi.org/10.15192/pscp.sa. 2015.10.1. 4954 475-477.
- Pavaraj, M., Karthikairaj, K. and Rajan, M.K. (2010). Effect of leaf extract of Ageratum conyzoides on the biochemical profile of blackgram Vigna mungo infected by root-knot nematode, Meloidogyne incognita. Journal of Biopesticides. 3(1): 313-316. http://dx.doi.org/10.5958/j.2319-1198.2.3.027.
- Rangaswamy, R. (2000). A Text Book of Agricultural Statistics, New Age International (Pvt.) Limited Publishers, New Delhi, India.
- Saha, S.S., Sinhababu, S.P. and Sukul, M.C. (1983). The effect of nematodes infestation on mulberry plants and their effect on feeding silkworm Bombyx mori. L. Nematologica. 29 (4): 463-467.
- Shree, M.P., Boraiah, G., Narayana Gowda S.N. (1986). Nat. Sem. Prosp. Prob. Sericulture India, March 27-30, pp.38.
- Shree, M.P. Umeshkumar, N.N. (1991). Sericologia. 31(3): 441-444.
- Thomas Cheeran Amal, Palanisamy Karthika, Venkatachalam Balamurugan, Govindan Shanmugam,Subramaniam Selvakumar, Palanisamy Sundarara, Krishnan Vasanth (2020). Effects of root-knot nematode inoculums densities on morphological and phytochemical analysis of selected horse gram germplasm, Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 54(6): 708-715.
- Vijaya Kumari, N. and Lakshmi Devi, M. (2013). Effect of some indigenous plant extracts on the inhibition of egg hatching of nematode Meloidogyne incognita Chitwood infesting mulberry. Hort Flora Research Spectrum. 2(1): 35-39.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.