- Augusti, K.T., Brewster Ed. J.L., Rabinowith, H.D. (1990). Therapeutic and medicinal values of onion and garlic. In Onion and Allied Crops, Baco Ratani, Florida. 3: 93-108.
- Behera, T.K., Mandal, J., Mohanta, S., Padhiary, A.K, Behera, S., Behera, D., Rout, R.K. (2017). Assessment of growth, yield and quality of onion genotypes under red and laterite zone of West Bengal. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 6: 493-497.
- Chattoo, M.A., Ali, A., Kamaluddin. (2015). Genetic variability, interrelationship and path analysis for yield and yield related traits in onion (Allium cepa L.) under temperate condition in Kashmir valley. Plant Archives. 15: 1161-1165.
- Dangi, R., Khar, A., Islam, S. Kumar, A. (2018). Characterization and association of phenotypic and biochemical traits in onion under short day tropical conditions. Indian Journal of Horticulture. 75: 226-236.
- Dhar, M., Mandal, J., Maity, T.K., Mohanta, S. (2019). Evaluation of kharif onion (Allium cepa L.) varieties under different planting dates. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 8: 1317-1321.
- Fink-Grernmels, J. (1999). Mycotoxins: Their implications for human and animal health. Veterinary Quarterly. 21: 115-120.
- Gallina, P.M., Cabassi, G., Maggioni, A., Natalini, A., Ferrante, A. (2012). Changes in the pyruvic acid content correlates with phenotype traits in onion clones. Australian Journal of Crop Science. 6: 36-40.
- Haldar, A., Karak, C., Naik, A., Samanta, M.K., Hazra, P. (2009). Identification of suitable early rabi onion varieties under West Bengal condition. Journal of Crop and Weed. 5: 131-135.
- Ilic, Z., Milenkovic, L., Djurovka, M., Trajkovic, R. (2009). The effect of long-term storage on quality attributes and storage potential of different onion cultivars. Acta Horticulturae. (830): 635-642.
- Islam, S., Khar, A., Singh, S., Tomar, B.S. (2019). Variability, heritability and trait association studies for bulb and antioxidant traits in onion (Allium cepa) varieties. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 89: 450-457.
- Khosa, J.S. and Dhatt, A.S. (2013). Studies on genetic variability and heritability in bulb onion (Allium cepa L.) in North-Western plains of India. Journal of Horticultural Science. 8: 255-258.
- Kushal, Patil, M.G., Patil, S.S., Pampanna, Y., Kavita, K. (2015). Genetic variability and character association studies in onion genotypes for yield and its attributes during kharif. Green Farming. 6: 1325-1327.
- Lee, E.J., Yoo, K.S., Jifon, J., Patil, B.S. (2009). Characterization of shortday onion cultivars of 3 pungency levels with flavor precursor, free amino acid, sulphur andsugar contents. Journal of Food Science. 74: 475-480.
- Mandal, J., Ajgalley, R., Saha, D., Mohanta, S. (2019). Growth, yield and quality of onion cultivars under Laterite Belt of Eastern India. Vegetable Science. 46: 129-131.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare (2018). Horticultural statistics at a glance. 2018. Horticulture Statics Division, Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers’ Welfare, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Government of India. 458 P. (www.agricoop.nic.in)
- Mohanta, S. and Mandal, J. (2014). Growth and yield of kharif onion (Allium cepa L.) as influenced by dates of planting and cultivars in Red and Laterite Zone of West Bengal. HortFlora Research Spectrum. 3: 334-338.
- Mohanta, S., Mandal, J., Dhakre, D.S. (2017). Growth of kharif onion (Allium cepa L.) in response to planting dates and cultivars. HortFlora Research Spectrum. 6: 262-267.
- Randle, W.M. (1992). Onion germplasm interacts with sulfur fertility for plant sulfur utilization and bulb pungency. Euphytica. 59: 151-156.
- Schwimmer, S. and Weston, W.J. (1961). Enzymatic development of pyruvic acid in onion as a measure of pungency. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 9: 301-304.
- Sekara, A., Pokluda, R., Vacchio, L.D., Somma, S., Caruso, G. (2017). Interactions among genotype, environment and agronomic practices on production and quality of storage onion (Allium cepa L.)-A review. Horticultural Science. 44: 21-42.
- Shiva Kumar and Chandrashekar, S.Y. (2014). Physio-chemical changes during post harvest handling of onion (Allium cepa L.)-A Review. Agriculture Review. 35: 225-232.
- Singh, R.K., Dubey, B.K., Bhonde, S.R., Gupta, P. (2010). Estimates of genetic variability and correlation in red onion (Allium cepa) advance lines. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 80: 160-163.
- Tarai, R.K., Panda, P.K., Behera, S.K., Beura, J.K., Mohapatra, K.C., Sahoo, T.R. (2015). Varietal performance of onion in the western undulating zone of Odisha. International Journal of Scientific Research and Engineering Studies. 2: 1-4.
- Tripathi, P.C. and Lawande, K.E. (2019). Onion storage in tropical region - a review. Current Horticulture. 7: 15-27.
- Yurgel, S.N., Abbey, L., Loomer, N., Gillis-Madden, R., Mammoliti, M. (2018). Microbial communities associated with storage onion. Phytobiomes. 2: 35-41.
Submitted Date : 12-05-2020
Accepted Date : 3-09-2020