Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Study of Blood Cells and Serum Proteins of Three Different Varieties of Fowls
First Online 30-12-2020|
Methods: The total RBC and WBC were counted with the help of Neubauer’s Haemocytometer. The serum proteins were separated and analysed by native polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE).
Result: The results showed that, among all the fowl varieties tested, the RBC counts were ranged from 3.01 to 4.46 millions/mm3 and the WBC counts were ranged from 18.26 to 21.78 thousands/mm3. The serum protein analysis revealed that some proteins are present in specific species and specific sex. Hence, these proteins may be counted as markers to determine the species and sex of the species.
- Dunning, J.B., Jr. (1992). CRC Handbook of Avian Body Masses. CRC Press. ISBN 978-0-8493-4258-5.
- Ekarius, C. (2007). Storey’s Illustrated Guide to Poultry Breeds. North Adams, Massachusetts: Storey Publishing. ISBN 9781580176675.
- Marble, D.R. and Margolf. P.H. (1936). The selection and management of turkey breeders. Journal of Poultry Science. 15: 225-229.
- Pandian. C., Pandiyan, M.T., Sundaresan, A. and Omprakash A.V. (2012). Haematological profile and erythrocyte indices in different breeds of poultry. International Journal of Livestock Research. 2(3): 89-92.
- Preeti, E., Singh, M., Mukherjee, K., Deepti, K.B., Chandrahas, S. and Jain, A. (2018). Effect of Age and Sex on Haematological Profile of Kadaknath fowl reared under intensive system. International Journal of Livestock Research. 8 (07). Doi: 10.5455/ijlr.20171211104153.
- Priya, M. and Gomathy, V.S. (2008). Haematological and blood biochemicals in male and female Turkeys of different age groups. Tamilnadu Journal of Veterinary and Animal Science. 4(2): 60-68.
- Rao, G.V. and Thomas, P.C. (1984). The breed characteristics of Kadaknath breed of indigenous (Desi) chicken. Avian Research. 68: 55-57.
- Walker, J.M. (2002). The Protein Protocols Handbook (2nd Edn). Humana Press, New Jersey.https://doi.org/10.1385/1592591698.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.