Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Poultry Waste Management using Earthworms E. eugeniae, E. foetida and P. excavates
First Online 18-06-2020|
- Ahmed, Y.M., Ismail, S.M. and Shoukry, A. (1991). An assessment of diflubenzuron to earthworms. 4th National Congress on Pests and Diseases of Vegetables and Fruits in Egypt; Ismailia, Egypt. pp 341–351.
- Akilan, M. and Nanthakumar, S. (2017). Impact of agricultural practices on earthworm biodiversity in different agro- ecosystems. Agricultural Science Digestion. 37(3): 244-246.
- Aubert, C. (2001). Aviculture et respect de l’environnement. Science and Technology Avicoles. 33: 66-71.
- Bansal, K. and Kapoor, K. (2000). Vermicomposting of crop residues and cattle dung with Eisenia foetida. Bioresources Technology. 73(2): 95-98.
- Bitzer, C.C. and Sims, J.T. (1988). Estimating the availability of nitrogen in poultry manure through laboratory and field studies. Journal of Environmental Quality. 17(1): 47-54 .
- Chaudhuri, P.S., Pal, T.K., Bhattacharjee, G. and Dey, S.K. (2001). Suitability of rubber leaf litter (Hevea brasiliensis var. PRIM 600) as substrate for epigeic earthworms, Perionyx excavatus, Eudrilus eugeniae and Eisenia fetida. Proc. VII Nation. Soil. Biol. Ecol., GKVK, Bangalore, 18-2.
- Chopra, S.L. and Kanwar, L. (1991). Analytical agricultural chemistry, 4th edn. Kalyani Publishers, New Delhi.
- Delgado, M., Bigeriego, M., Walter, I. and Calbo, R. (1995). Use of California red worm in sewage sludge transformation. Turrialba. 45: 33- 41.
- Edwards, C.A., Dominguez, J. and Nehauser, E.F., (1998). Growth and reproduction of Perionyx excavatus (Perr) as factors in organic waste management. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 27: 155-161.
- FAO, (1998). FAOSTAT Production Statistics, Food and Agriculture Organisation, Rome.
- Gaur, A.C. (1991). Progress Report. AICRI on Microbiological Decomposition and Recycling of Farm and City Waste, LA.RI., New Delhi.
- Giraddi, R.S. (2000). Influence of vermicomposting methods and season on the biodegradation of organic wastes. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science. 70: 663-666.
- Graff, O. (1981). Preliminary experiment of vermicomposting of different waste materials using Eudrilus eugeniae Kingberg. Proc. of the workshop on ‘Role of Earthworms in the Stabilization of Organic Residues, M. Appelhof (ed.), Malanazoo Pub. Michigan, USA, 179-191.
- Guru, M. (2003). Effects of Poultry Litter Management and Land Application On Contract Poultry Growers. Public Policy Working Paper Series, Vol. 2 No.5, University of Arkansas.
- Heimbach, F. (1984). Correlation between three methods for determining the toxicity of chemicals to earthworms. Pesticidal Science. 15: 605-611.
- Jackson, M.L. (1975). Soil Chemical Analysis Prentice Hall of India New Delhi.
- Kirchman, H. and Lundvall, A. (1998). Treatment of solid animal manures: identification of low NH3emission practises. Nutrient Cycling in Agroecosystem. 51: 65-71.
- Lee, K.E. (1992). Some trends opportunities in earthworm research or : Darwin’s children. The future of our discipline. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 24: 1765-1771.
- Manna, M.C., Jha, S., Ghosh, P.K. and Acharya, C.L. (2003). Comparative efficiency of three epigeic earthworms under different deciduous forest litters decomposition.Bioresource Techology. 88(3): 197-206.
- McGinn, S.M. and Janzen, H.H. (1998). Ammonia sources in agriculture and their measurement. Canadian Journal of Soil Science. 78(1): 139-148.
- Merel, P. (2012). Unravelling hazards of nanoparticles to earthworms, from gene to population. PhD Thesis, Wageningen University, Wageningen, Netherland.
- Mishra, B. (2001). Organic waste re-cycling in aqua farming, Yojana, Nov. 2001, 42-45.
- Olsen, S.R., Cole, C.V., Watanabe, F.S. and Dean, L.A. (1954). Estimation of available phosphorus in soils by extraction with sodium bicarbonate. Circulation of US Department of Agriculture. 939-940.
- Prabha, L.M., Jayaraaj, R. and Rao, S. (2007) “Comparative studies on the digestive enzymes in the gut of earthworms, Eudrilus euginiae and Eisenia fetisa. Indian Journal of Biotechnology. 6: 567-569.
- Ramaswamy, P.P. (1998). Recycling of wastes as manures-potentials and prospects. In: Summer School on Integrated Soil Productivity Management for Sustainable Agriculture, ICAR, New Delhi, 83-91.
- Reddy, M.V. and Ohkura, K. (2004). Vermicomposting of rice-straw and its effects on sorghum yield. Tropical Ecology. 45:327-331.
- Sarma, U.J., Chakravarty, M. and Bhattacharya, H.C. (2012). Production of in situ Vermicompost as affected by Earthworms Inoculation, Season And Farm Wastes. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 46(3): 234-241.
- Schmidt, D.R. and Bicudo, J.R. (2000). Odor and Hydrogen Sulfide Emissions during the Composting of Cage Layer Manure. In Proceedings of the 2nd annual International Conference on Air Pollution from Agricultural Operations, American Society for Agricultural Engineers, Des Moines, Iowa.
- Sudhakar, G., Christopher LourduraJ, A., Rangasamy, A., Subbian, P. and Velayutham, A. (2002). Effect of vermicompost application on the soil properties, nutrient availability, uptake and yield of rice - a review. Agricultural reviews. 23(2): 127 - 133.
- Suthat, S. (2007). Vermicomposting potential of Perionyx sansibaricus (Perrier) in different waste materials. Bioresource Techology. 98: 1231-1237.
- Tandon, H.L.S., (Ed.) (1993). Method of Analysis of Soil, Plants, Water and Fertilizers. Fertilizer Development and Consultation Organization, New Delhi, 143.
- Urbasek, F. and Pizl, V. (1991). Activity of digestive enzymes in the gut of five earthworm species. (Oligochaeta; Lumbricidae). Revue d’Ecologie et Biologie du Sol. 28: 461-468.
- Walkley, A. and Black, I.A. (1974). An examination of the degtjareff method for determining soil organic matter and prepared modification of the chronic acid titration method. Soil Science. 34: 29-38.
- Yadav, A. and Garg, V.K. (2011). Industrial wastes and sludges management by vermicomposting. Reviews in Environmental Science and Bio-Technology. 10(3): 243-276.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.