Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Grain Quality and Multivariate Analysis of Various Quality Parameters in Rice Genotypes
First Online 06-03-2020|
- Ahuja S., Malhotra P. K., Bhatia V. K. and Parsad R. (2008). Statistical Package for Agricultural Research (SPAR 2.0).
- Asish K., Binod R., Kalaiyarasi K., Thiyagarajan and Manonmani S. (2006). Physio-chemical and cooking quality characteristics of promising varieties and hybrids in rice (Oryza sativa L.). Ind. Journal Genet. 66: 107-112.
- Azeez M. H. and Shafi M. (1966). Quality in rice. Department of Agriculture, Government of West Pakistan, Lahore. Technical Bulletin 13, p 50.
- Bansal U. K., Kaur H. and Saini R. G. (2006). Donors for quality characteristics in aromatic rice. Oryza. 43: 197-202.
- Bhattacharya K. R. and Sowbhagya C. M. (1972). An improved alkali reaction test for rice quality. International Journal of Food Science & Technology. 7: 323-331.
- Bhonsle S. J. and Sellappan K. (2010). Grain quality evaluation of traditional cultivated rice varieties of Goa (India). Recent Research in Science and Technology. 2: 88-97.
- Cagampang G. B., Perez C. M. and Juliano B. O. (1973). A gel consistency test for eating quality of rice. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. 24: 1589-1594.
- Cruz, N. D. and Khush, G. S. (2000). Rice grain quality evaluation procedures. Aromatic Rices, 3: 15-28.
- Dasgupta T. and Das P. K. (1985). Multivariate analysis in blackgram. Indian Journal of Genetic and Plant Breeding. 44: 24147.
- Deyner, K., Johnson, P., Zeeman, S. and Smith, A. M. (2001). The control of amylase synthesis. Journal of Plant Physiology. 158: 479-487.
- Dipti, S. S., Hossain, S. T., Bari, M. N. and Kabir, K. A. (2002). Physicochemical and cooking properties of some fine rice varieties. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition. 1: 188-190.
- Fan, J., Seibenmorgan, T. J. and Yang, W. (2000). A study of head rice yield reduction of long and medium grain varieties in relation to various harvest and drying conditions. Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers. 43: 1709-14.
- Hossain, M. S., Singh, A.K. and Fasih-uz-Zaman. (2009). Cooking and eating characteristics of some newly identified inter sub-specific (indica/japonica) rice hybrids. Science Asia. 35: 320-325
- IRRI 1996. Standard Evaluation Systems for rice (4th ed). INGER Genetic Resources Centre. IRRI, Manila, Philippines.
- Jiang S. H., Zhou H., Lin D. Z., Dong Y. J., Ye S. H. and Zhang X. M. (2013). Identification and gene mapping of a thermo- sensitive leaf-color mutant at seedling stage in rice. Chin J Rice Sci. 27: 359–364.
- Juliano B.O. (1971). A Simplified Assay for milled rice amylase cereals. Science today. 16:334-338.
- Juliano, R. L. (1973). The proteins of the erythrocyte membrane. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA)-Reviews on Biomembranes. 300: 341-378.
- Khatun M. M., Ali H. M. and Dela cruz D. Q. (2003). Correlation Studies on grain physicochemical characteristics of aromatic rice. Pak. J. Bio. Sci. 6: 511–512.
- Kumar, A., Singh, N. K. and Sharma, V. K. (2006). Combining ability analysis for identifying elite parents for heterotic rice hybrids. Oryz. 43: 82-86.
- Lee,Y., Mauromoustakos, A. and Wang, Y. (2014). Effects of heat treatments on the milling, physicochemical and cooking properties of two long-grain rice cultivars during storage. Cereal Chemistry. 91: 56-64.
- Lowry, O. H. (1953). The quantitative histochemistry of the brain: Histological sampling. Journal of Histochemistry & Cytochemistry. 1: 420-428.
- Manonmani, S., Malarvizhi, D., Robin, S., Umadevi, M., Ameenal, M., Pushpam, R.,and Thiyagarajan, K. (2010). Breeding three line rice hybrids with good grain quality. Electronic Journal of Plant Breeding. 1: 1265-1269.
- Nandan, R., Sweta and Singh, S.K. (2010). Character association and path analysis in rice (Oryza sativa L.) Genotypes. World J. Agric. Sci. 6: 201-206.
- Nayak A.R., Chaudhary D. and Reddy J.N. (2003). Genetic variability and correlation study among quality characters in scented rice. Agri. Sci. Digest. 23: 175-178.
- Oko, A. O., Ubi, B. E., Efisue, A. A. and Dambaba, N. (2012). Comparative analysis of the chemical nutrient composition of selected local and newly introduced rice varieties grown in Ebonyi State of Nigeria. International Journal of Agriculture and Forestry. 2: 16-23.
- Package I C (1994). Indostat service. Hyderabad, India.
- Parnsakhorn, S. and Noomhorm, A. (2008). Changes in physicochemical properties of parboiled brown rice during heat treatment. Agricultural Engineering International: the CIGR. 10: 1-20.
- Ramiah, K. (1969). In Rice Research in India, ICAR Publication Grain classification, p 629.
- Rani, N. S., Pandey, M. K., Prasad, G. S. V. and Sudharshan, I. (2006). Historical significance, grain quality features and precision breeding for improvement of export quality basmati varieties, India. Indian J. Crop Sci. 1: 29–41.
- Rathi, S., Yadav, R. N. S. and Sarma, R. N. (2010). Variability in grain quality characters of upland rice of Assam, India. Rice Science. 17: 330-333.
- Rita, B. and Sarawgi, A. K. (2008). Agro-morphological and quality characterization of badshah bhog group from aromatic rice germplasm of Chhattisgarh. Bangladesh Journal of Agriculture Research. 33:479-492.
- Rohlf, F. J. (2007). NTSYSpc: numerical taxonomy and multivariate analysis system. Exeter software, ver. 2.20.
- Shahidullah, S.M. M.M Hanafi, M. Ashrafuzzaman, M.R. Ismail and A. Khair (2009). Genetic diversity in grain quality and nutrition of aromatic rice’s. African Journal of biotechnology. 8: 1238-1246.
- Shewry, P. R. and Casey, R. (1999). Seed proteins. Springer, Netherlands.
- Sidhu, J.S., M.S. Gill and G.S. Bains. (1975). Milling of paddy in relation to yield and quality of rice of different Indian varieties. Agricultural and Food chemistry. 23 :1183-1185.
- Singh, M. K., Singh, P., Singh, R. P. and Mohapatra, C. (2013). Association analysis for yield and quality attributes in indica rice and screening of hybrids against blast disease (Magnaporthe grisea Barr.). Journal of Plant Science. 8: 45-56.
- Subudhi, H. N., Swain, D., Das, S., Sharma, S. G. and Singh, O. N. (2012). Studies on grain yield, physico-chemical and cooking characters of elite rice varieties (Oryza sativa L.) in Eastern India. Journal of Agricultural Science. 4: 269.
- Thongbam, P. D., Raychaudhury, M., Durai, A., Das, S. P., Ramesh, T., Ramya, K. T. and Ngachan, S. V. (2012). Studies on grain and food quality traits of some indigenous rice cultivars of North-eastern Hill Region of India. Journal of Agricultural Science. 4: 259.
- Vanaja T. and Babu L. C. (2006). Variability in grain quality attributes of high yielding rice varieties (Oryza sativa L.) of diverse origin. Journal of Tropical Agriculture. 44: 61-63.
- Vanisree S., Swapna K., Raju C. D., Raju C. S. and Sreedhar M. (2013). Genetic variability and selection criteria in rice. Journal of Biological & Scientific Opinion. 1: 341-346.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.