- 18th Livestock Census, (2007). All India report based on quick tabulation plan. Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture, Department of animal husbandry, dairying and fisheries, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi, pp. 13.
- 19th Livestock Census, (2012). All India report. Government of India, Ministry of Agriculture, Department of animal husbandry, dairying and fisheries, Krishi Bhavan, New Delhi, pp. 12.
- Abe, F., Ishibashi, N. and Shimamura, S. (1995). Effect of administration of bifido bacteria and lactic acid bacteria to newborn calves and piglets. Journal of Dairy Science, 78(12): 2838-2846.
- AOAC, (1990). Official methods of analysis (15th edition) Williams S. (ed). Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, D.C., 1990, 152-164
- Birteeb, P. T., Tetteh, I.O. and Salifu, A. R. S. (2015). Growth Performance and Weight Estimation of Large White Piglets Weaned at Different Ages. Research & Reviews: Journal of Veterinary Science and Technology, 4(3):15-23.
- Bordoloi, T. (1974). Studies on relationship between linear body measurements and growth to evolve prediction equation on body weight in pigs. M.V.Sc. Thesis, Agra University, Agra.
- DARE, (2014). Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India, New Delhi- 110001.
- Hartmann, P.E., McCauley, I., Gooneratne, A.D. and Whitely, J.L. (1984). Inadequacies of Sow Lactation: Survival of the Fittest. In: M. Peaker, R.G. Vernon and C.H. Knight (Eds.), Physiological Strategies in Lactation. Academic Press, London, pp. 301-326.
- Kharpran, S. (2014). Performance of pre-weaned Hampshire piglets fed with dietary supplementation of dried brewing yeast. A Thesis submitted to the Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati-781022.
- King, R.H., Boyce, J.M. and Dunshea, F.R. (1998). Effect of supplemental nutrients on the growth performance of sucking pigs. Aust. J. Agric. Res., 49(5): 883–887.
- Klindt, J. (2003). Influence of litter size and creep feeding on preweaning gain and influence of preweaning growth on growth to slaughter in barrows. J. Anim. Sci., 81:2434-2439.
- Lahteinen, T., Rinttila, T., Koort, J. M. K., Kant, R., Levonen, K., Viljanen, M. J., Bjorkroth, J. and Palva, A. (2015). Effects of a multispecies Lactobacillus formation as a feeding supplement on the performance and immune function of piglets.. Livestock Science, 180: 164- 171.
- Lee, K.W., Lillehoj, H.S. and Siragusa, G.R. (2010). Direct-fed microbials and their impact on the intestinal microflora and immune system of chickens. Journal Poultry Science, 47:106-114.
- Machebe, N. S. and Ezekwe, A. G. (2010). Predicting body weight of growing-finishing gilts raised in the tropics using linear body measurements. Asian J. Exp. Biol. Sci., 1(1): 162-165.
- Novotni-Danko, G., Balogh, P., Huzsvai, L. and Gyori, Z. (2015). Effect of feeding liquid milk supplement on litter performances and on sow back-fat thickness change during the suckling period. Archives of Animal Breeding, 58(1): 229-235.
- Pluske, J. R., Payne, H. G., Williams, I. H. and Mullan, B. P. (2005). Early feeding for lifetime performance of pigs. Recent advances in animal nutrition in Australia, 15:171-181.
- Pollmann, D. S., Danielson, D. M. and Peo, E. R. (1980). Effect of Lactobacillus Acidophilus on Starter Pigs Fed a Diet Supplemented with Lactose 1. Journal of Animal Science, 51(3):638-644.
- Rava, S. (1991). Effect of skim milk feeding and early weaning on the growth performance of Hampshire pigs. M.V.Sc Thesis, Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati, Assam.
- Roychoudhury, R. (1978). Studies on pre-weaning growth and its effect on subsequent body weight gains in Landrace pigs. M.V.Sc. Thesis, Assam Agricultural University, Guwahati, Assam.
- Shim, S. B., Verstegen, M.W.A.,Kim, I.H., Kwon, O.S. and Verdonk, J.M.A.J. (2005). Effects of feeding antibiotic-free creep feed supplemented with oligofructose, probiotics or synbiotics to suckling piglets increases the preweaning weight gain and composition of intestinal microbiota. Archives of Animal Nutrition, 59(6): 419-427.
- Venkatachalapathy, R.T., Gopalakrishnan, S. P. and Usha, A.P. (2013). Effect of Probiotics Supplementation on the Performance of Pre-weaned Piglets. In: Probiotics in Sustainable Food Production: Current Status and Future Prospects “Probiotics in Food Production”, Ramanathan, A. and Senthivel, T. (Eds.),2: 281.
Submitted Date : 9-02-2019
Accepted Date : 11-05-2019