Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Influence of Boron Application on Root Growth of Green Gram in Loam Textured Soils
First Online 26-12-2019|
- Brown, P. H. and Hu, H. (1996). Phloem mobility of boron in species dependent: Evidence for phloem mobility in sorbitol-rice species. Annals of Botany. 77:497-505.
- Carpena, R. O., Esteban, E., Jose Sarro, M., Penallosa, J., Garate, A., Lucena, J. and Zornoza, P. (2000) Boron and calcium distribution in nitrogen fixing pea plants. Plant Science. 151:163-70.
- Cristobal, C. J. J. and Fontes, G. A. (1999). Boron deficiency causes a drastic decrease in nitrate content and nitrate reductase and increase the content of carbohydrate in leaves from tobacco plants Planta. 209:528-36.
- Dannel, F., Pfeffer, H. and Roemheld, V. (1997). Effect of pH and boron concentration in the nutrient solution in translocation of boron in the xylem of sunflower. Pp. 183-201 In: Boron in soils and plants, Bell, R. W. and Rerkasem, B. (Eds) Kluwer academic publishers, Boston.
- Dannel, F., Pfeffer, H. and Roemheld, V. (2000). Characterization of root boron pools, boron uptake and boron translocation in sunflower using the stable isotopes 10B and 11B Australian Journal of Plant Physiology. 27:397-405.
- Dell, B. and Huang, L. (1997). Physiological response of plants to boron. Plant and Soil. 193: 103-120.
- Gaines, T. P. and Mitchell, G. A. (1979). Boron determination in plant tissue by Azomethine-H method. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 10:1099-1108.
- Goldberg, S. and Forster, H. S. (1991). Boron sorption on calcareous soils and reference calcites. Soil Science. 152: 304-09.
- Gupta, U. C. (1979). Boron nutrition of crops. Advances in Agronomy. 31: 273-307.
- Hu, H. and Brown, P. H. (1997). Absorption of Boron by plant roots. Plant and Soil. 193: 49-58.
- Padbhushan, R. and Kumar, D. (2015). Distribution of Boron in Different Fractions in Some Alkaline Calcareous Soils, Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis. 46:8, 939-953.
- Steel, R. G. D. and Torrie, J. H. (1980). Principles and procedures of statistics: A biometrical approach, 2nd edn McGraw- Hill: New York.
- Verma, A. N., Ram, K. and Sharma, R. K. (2000). Growth, yield and quality of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) as affected by foliar applications of boron in sand culture. Mysore Journal of Agricultural Science. 7:130-32.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.