Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Influence of seed priming methods on growth, yield attributes and seed yield of desi chickpea under acidic soils
First Online 03-10-2018|
- Elkoca, K., Haliloglu, K., Esitken, A and Ercisli, S. (2007). Hydro and osmopriming improve chickpea germination. Acta Agric. Scandinavica 57: 193 200.
- Eskandari, H. and Kazemi, K. (2011). Effect of seed Priming on germination properties and seedling establishment of cowpea (Vigna sinensis). Not. Sci. Biol. 3 (4): 113-116.
- Gan, Y.T., Miller, P.R. and McDonald, C.L. (2003). Response of kabuli chickpea to seed size and planting depth. Can. J. Plant Sci. 83: 39-46.
- Gupta, V. and Singh, M. (2012). Effect of seed priming and fungicide treatment on chickpea (Cicer arietinum) sown at different sowing depths in kandi belt of low altitude subtropical zone of Jammu. Applied Biol. Res.14 (2): 187-192.
- Harris, D. (1996). The effects of manure, genotype, seed priming, depth and date of sowing on the emergence and early growth of Sorghum (Sorghum bicolor L. Moench) in semi-arid Botswana. Soil & Tillage Res. 40: 73-88.
- Jyotsna,V. and Srivastava, A.K. (1998). Physiological basis of salt stress resistance in pigeon pea (Cajanus cajan L.). Pre-sowing seed soaking treatment in regulating early seedling metabolism during seed germination. Plant Physiol. Biochem. 25: 89-94.
- Kaul, J.N., Sekhon ,H.S. and Dhingra, K.K. (1974). Plant mortality in gram G 130 as influenced by irrigation, depth of sowing, seed rate and potash level. Proc. All India Co-ordinated Rabi Pulses workshop, UPIAS, Kanpur.
- Kaur, S., Gupta, A. K. and Kaur, N. (2005). Seed priming increases crop yield possibly by modulating enzymes of sucrose metabolism in chickpea. J. Agron. and Crop Sci.191: 81-87.
- Karivaratharaju, T.V., Ramakrishnan, V. (1985). Seed hardening studies in two varieties of ragi (Eleusine coracana Gaertn). Indian J. Plant Physiol. 28: 243-248.
- Malviya, D., Verma, H.D., Nawange, D.D., Verma, H.(2010). Effect of seed priming, depth of sowing and seed treatment on productivity of chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.) under rainfed condition. Agricultural Science Digest, 30 (2): 145-147.
- Mehri, S. (2015). Effect of seed priming on yield and yield components of soybean. American Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci. 15 (3): 399-403.
- Passam, H.C. and Kakouriotis, D. (1994). The effects of osmoconditioning on the germination, emergence and early plant growth of cucumber under saline conditions. Scientia Horticulturae 57: 233-240.
- Siddique, K.H.M. and Loss, S.P. (1996). Effect of deep sowing in chickpea in Western Australia. Australian J. of Agric. Res. 3: 31.
- Sindhu, S.S., Kein, K.F., Houdgs, H.F. and Nygust, W.E. (1974). Inheritance of protein and sulphur content of seed of chickpea. Crop Sci. 14: 649-653.
- Sivritepe, N., Sivritepe, H.O. and Eris, A. (2003). The effects of NaCl priming on salt tolerance in melon seedlings grown under saline conditions. Scientia Horticulturae 97: 229-237.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.