Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Comparison of Methods for Genomic Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA) Extraction Suitable for Whole-Genome Genotyping in Traditional Varieties of Rice
First Online 11-10-2019|
- Ahmadikhah, A. (2009). A rapid mini-prep DNA extraction method in rice (Oryza sativa). Afr. J. Biotechnol., 8(2): 323–328.
- Aliyu, R. E., Wasiu A A, Dangora D B, Ademola J O, Adamu A K. (2013). Comparative study of genomic DNA extraction protocols in rice species. Int. J. Adv. Res. Technol., 2(2): 1–3.
- Brush, S.B. (1995). In situ conservation of landraces in centers of crop diversity. Crop Sci., 35(2):346–354.
- Channarayappa. (2007). Molecular Biotechnology, Principles and Practices. 1st Edn., University
- Doyle, J.J. and Doyle, J.J. (1990). Isolation of plant DNA from fresh tissue. Focus, 12: 13-15.
- Duan, Y. B., Zhao F L, Chen H D, Li H, Ni D H, Wei P C, Sheng W, Teng J T, Zhang A M, Xue, J P. (2015). A simplified genomic DNA extraction protocol for pre-germination genotyping in rice. Genet Mol Res., 14(2): 6369–6375.
- Fouladvand, A., Yari H, Emami A, Khosravi H R M, Pourmehdi S. (2013). Optimization of a rapid DNA extraction protocol in rice focusing on age of plant and EDTA concentration. J Med Bioengin, 2(3): 218–223.
- Guin, G. (1966). Extraction of nucleic acids from lyophilized plant material: Plant Physiol., 41: 689-695.
- Hoisington, D., Khairallah, M., Reeves, T., Ribaut J.M., Skovmand, B., Taba, S., Warburton, M. (1999). Plant genetic resources: what can they contribute toward increased crop productivity?. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci.,96 (11):5937–5943.
- Mandel, J.R., Dechaine, J.M., Marek, L.F., Burke, J.M. (2011). Genetic diversity and population structure in cultivated sunflower and a comparison to its wild progenitor, Helianthus annuus L. Theor. Appl. Genet., 123(5):693–704.
- Nieman, R.H. and Poulsen,L.L. (1963). Spectrophotometric estimation of nucleic acid of plant leaves. Plant Physiol., 38: 31-35.
- Stephen L, Dellaporta, Jonathan Wood, James B, Hicks.(1983). A plant DNA minipreparation: Version II. Dellaporta DNA Extraction Citation: Plant Mol. Biol. Rep., 1(4): 19-21.
- Suman, P.S. and Khanuja. (1999). Rapid Isolation of DNA from Dry and Fresh Samples of Plants Producing Large Amounts of Secondary Metabolites and Essential Oils. Plant Mol. Biol. Rep, 17: 1–7.
- Tan, S.C. and Yiap, B.C. (2009). DNA, RNA and protein extraction: The past and the present. J. Biomed. Biotechnol., 10-10.
- Varma, A., Padh, H., Shrivastava, N. (2007). Plant genomic DNA isolation: An art or a science. Biotechnol. J., 2: 386-392.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.