Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Adoption of remunerative farmers’ developed varieties of rice: Case studies from Odisha and Chhattisgarh states of India
First Online 03-10-2018|
- Auffhammer M, Ramanathan, V and Vincent J R. (2011). Climate change, the monsoon, and rice yield in India. Climate Change. Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA (DOI 10.1007/s10584-011-0208-4).
- Bellon M R. (1996). The Dynamics of Crop Infra-specific Diversity: A conceptual framework at the farmer level. Economic Botany 50: 26–39.
- Carboni S M and Napier T L. (1993). Factors affecting use of conservation farming practices in East Central Ohio. Agriculture Ecosystems and Environment 45(1): 79-94.
- Chodvadiya M B, Singh S, Choudhary H, Parvez N, Ravikumar R K and Khobragade D R. (2016). On-farm trials of farmer’s variety: tool for performance evaluation and adoption of variety in new areas. International Journal of Advanced Research 4(11): 1703-1712.
- Choudhary H, Singh S, Parvez, N, Rathore, R and Raghuvasnhi P S. (2016). Performance of Farmers’ Pigeon Pea [Cajanus cajan L. Millsp.] Varieties: Opportunities for Sustained Productivity and Dissemination of Varieties. International Journal of Agriculture Sciences 8(61): 3471-3474.
- CRRI (2011). Vision 2030. Central Rice Research Institute, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Cuttack, Odisha. Available at: http://www.crri.nic.in/crri_vision2030_2011.pdf.
- CRRI (2014).CRRI Annual Report 2013-14. Central Rice Research Institute, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Cuttack, Odisha. Available at: http://www.crri.nic.in/CRRI_annualreport/CRAR_13_14_web.pdf.
- Economy Survey of Chhattisgarh (2015). Economic Survey of Chhattisgarh, 2014-15. Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Raipur, Government of Chhattisgarh. Available at:http://descg.gov.in/pdf/publications/latest/EconomicSurvey2014-15_E.pdf.
- FAO (2016). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Rice Market Monitor, 21(2): 1-37. Available at: http:// www.fao.org/fileadmin/templates/est/COMM_MARKETS_MONITORING/Rice/Images/RMM/RMM_JUL16.pdf.
- Fuglie K O and Kascak C A. (2001). Adoption and diffusion of natural-resource-conserving agricultural technology. Review of Agricultural Economics 23 (2): 386-403.
- IGNOU. (2007). BAPI003 Economics and marketing of organic produce. http://vedyadhara. Available at http://www.ignou.ac.in/wiki/ images/b/bb/BAPI00301.pdf.
- INDIASTAT (2016). Area, production and yield of rice in India (1949-1950 to 2017-2018-1st Advance Estimates). Available at: https:/ /www.indiastat.com/table/agriculture/2/rice/17194/7264/data.aspx.
- INDIASTAT (2016).State/Season- wise Area, Production and Productivity of Rice in India, 2015-16. Available at: https:// www.indiastat.com/table/agriculture/2/rice/17194/1004419/data.aspx.
- Jeon B N, Han K S and Lee M J. (2006). Determining factors for the adoption of e-business: the case of SMEs in Korea. Applied Economics 38: 1905-1916.
- Kumar P, Kumar S and Joshi L. (2015). Alternative Uses of Crop Stubble. In: Socioeconomic and Environmental Implications of Agricultural Residue Burning. Springer Briefs in Environmental Science. Springer, New Delhi.
- Li D, Liu M and Deng G. (2010). Willingness and determinants of farmers’ adoption of new rice varieties. China Agricultural Economic Review 2(4): 456-471.
- Mitra B, Mookherjee S and Miswas S. (2014). Promotion of short duration rice variety Gotra Bidhan-1(IET 17430) through front line demonstrations in terai region of West Bengal. Journal of Crop and Weed 10(1): 111-114.
- Nirmala B and Muthuraman P. (2009). Economic and constraint analysis of rice cultivation in Kaithal Districtof Haryana. Indian Research Journal of Extension Education 9(1): 47-49.
- Nirmala B, Vasudev N, and Suhasini K. (2012). A comparison of economic potential of HYVs Hybrid rice cultivation in Ambedkar Nagar district of Uttar Pradesh. World Research Journal of Agronomy 1(1): 7-10.
- Nurunnaher K M, Rahman and Ali M H. (2003). Productivity and efficiency measurement of rice production by Member and Non- member Farmers in Selected Cooperative Societies of Bangladesh, Economic Affairs 48(4): 220.
- Odisha Agriculture Statistics (2014). Odisha Agriculture Statistics, 2013-14.Directorate of Agriculture and Food Production, Odisha. Available at: http://agriodisha.nic.in/content/pdf/Agriculture%20Statistics_2013-14.pdf.
- Odisha Economic Survey (2017). Odisha Economic Survey, 2016-17.Planning and Convergence Department, Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Government of Odisha. Available at: http://pc.odisha.gov.in/Download/Economic_Survey_2016-17.pdf.
- Open Government Data Platform India (2014). District-wise, season-wise crop production statistics from 1997. Available at: https:// data.gov.in/resources/district-wise-season-wise-crop-production-statistics-1997.
- Pannell D J, Marshall G R, Barr N, Curtis A, Vanclay F and Wilkinson R. (2006). Understanding and promoting adoption of conservation practices by rural landholders. Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture 46(11): 1407-1424.
- Samant T K, Mohanty B and Dhir B C. (2015). On farm assessment of short duration rice variety Sahabhagidhan. International Journal of Environmental & Agriculture Research 1(3): 1-4.
- Sarnklong C, Cone J W, Pellikaan W and Hendriks W H. (2010). Utilization of rice straw and different treatments to improve its feed value for ruminants: A Review. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences 23(5): 680-692.
- Sharma P K, Khar S, Kumar S, Ishar A, Prakash S, Mahajan V and Jamwal S. (2011). Economic impact of front line demonstrations on cereals in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir. Journal of Progressive Agriculture 2(1): 21-25.
- STATISTA (2018). World rice acreage from 2008-2009 to 2016-2017. Available at: https://www.statista.com/statistics/271969/world- rice-acreage-since-2008/.
- Witcombe J R, Petre S J and Joshi A. (1996). Farmer participatory crop improvement. IV. The spread and impact of a rice variety identified by participatory varietal selection. Experimental Agriculture 35: 471-487.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.