Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Analysis of Area, Production and Productivity of Groundnut Crop in Telangana
First Online 01-07-2017|
India is the fourth largest oilseed producing country in the world. The present study was carried on based on the secondary data collected from varies websites and directorate of economics and statistics. The results reveled that the compound growth rate of area and production of groundnut in India shows a negative trend while the productivity was positive over the years. In pre bifurcated Andhra Pradesh the annual average production of groundnut during 2011-12 was 1231 thousand tons and the annual average yield per hectare was 873 kg/ha. The area and production of groundnut was high in Rayalaseema region compared to other regions of the state.The area, production and productivity of groundnut in Mahabubnagar district of Telangana was increase over the study year. The annual average production of groundnut crop during 2013-14 was 220 thousand tonnes and annual average yield per hectare during the same period was 1751 kg/ha.
- Agriculture at a Glance. (2014). Government of India. Ministry of Agriculture. Department of Agriculture & Cooperation. Directorate of Economics & Statistics.
- Dr. K.Solmon Raju Paul, Farukh, Md. and Sita Rambabu.V (2012). Trends, Growth and Variability of Ground nut crop in Andhra Pradesh. Journal of Research in Arts and Education. 2:74-78
- Madhusudhana B. 2013. A Survey on Area, Production and Productivity of Groundnut Crop in India. Journal of Economics and Finance. 1: 01-07
- Sameer lokapur, Ravi Gurikar and Kulkarni, G.N. (2014). Production and Export of Ground nut from India - An Overview. International Research Journal of Agricultural Economics and Statistics. Vol. 5:293-298
- Snehal Datarkar , Pagire B V, Ashwini Darekar and Hile R. B. (2015). Regionwise Compound Growth rate in Area, Production and Productivity of Kharif Groundnut in Maharashtra. International Journal of Tropical Agriculture. 33:1101-1106
- V. Balakrishnama Naidu, Siva Sankar, A. and.Leelavathi, C. (2014). Trends in area, production and productivity of selected oil seed crops in Andhra Pradesh. International Journal of Multidicplinary Research and Development. 1:366-369
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.