Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Combining ability in bacterial wilt resistant chilli (Capsicum annuum L.) genotypes
First Online 22-12-2017|
- Adarsh, M.N. and Poonamkumari. (2015). Combining ability and gene action studies for important horticultural traits in chilli, Capsicum annuum L. Int. J. Farm Sci. 5(1):251-262.
- AICVIP [All India Coordinated Vegetable Improvement Project]. (2015). Annual Report 2014-2015. Department of Olericulture, College of Horticulture, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, 72p.
- Baruah, S.J.N. (2003).Combining ability in chilli(Capsicum annum L.).Veg. Sci. 30(2):159-160.
- Chaudhary, A. Kumar, R., and Solankey, S.S. (2013). Estimation of heterosis for yield and quality components in chilli (Capsicum annuum L.). African J. Biotechnol. 12 (47):6605-6610.
- Dhall, R.K. (2008). Breeding for quality traits in chilli: a review. J. Res Punjab Agric. Univ. 45 (3 & 4):156-60.
- Geleta, L.F., Labuschagne, M.T., and Maryke, T. (2006). Combining ability and heritability for vitamin C and total soluble solids in pepper (Capsicum annuum L). J. Sci.Food Agric. 86(9): 1317-1320.
- Gopalakrishnan, T.R. and Peter, K.V. (1991). Screening and selection for bacterial wilt resistance in chilli. Indian. J. Genet. 51 (3):332-334.
- Griffing, B. (1956). Concept of general and specific combining ability in relation to diallel crossing systems. Aust. J. Biol.Sci. 9:463-493.
- Juliemole, T. (2000). Heterosis in ridge gourd. M.Sc. (Hort.) thesis. Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur. 49p.
- KAU [Kerala Agricultural University (2011). Package of Practices Recommendations: Crops (14th Ed.). Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur, 360p.
- Markose, B.L. (1996). Genetic and biochemical basis of resistance to bacterial wilt in chilli. Ph. D. thesis, Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur.140p.
- Pandian, I.R.S. and Shanmugavelu, K.G. (1992). Combining ability for yield and yield components in chillies (Capsicum annuum L.). South-Indian-Horticulture 40(4): 202-206.
- Ramesh, M., Lavanya, C., Sujatha, M., Sivasankar, A., Aruna Kumari, J. and Meena, H. P. (2013). Heterosis and combining ability for yield and yield component characters of newly developed castor (Ricinus communis L.) hybrid. The Bioscan. 8(4): 1421-1424.
- Reddy, M.G., Kumar, M., and Salimath, P.M. (2008).Combining ability analysis in chilli. Karnataka J. Agric. Sci. 21(4): 494-497.
- Spaldon, S. Hussain,S., Jabeen, N., and Lay,P. (2015). Heterosis studies for earliness, fruit yield and yield attributing traits in chilli (capsicum annum L.). Supplement Genet. Plant breed. 10(2): 813-818.
- Shukla M.R, Patel J.A, Doshi K.M and Patel S.A (1999). Line × tester analysis of combining ability in chilli (Capsicum annuum L). Veg. Sci. 2(11): 45-49.
- Singh, R. and Hundal, J.S. (2001). Manifestation of heterosis in chilli (Capsicum annuum L). Veg. Sci. 28(2): 124-126.
- Sood, S. and Kumar, N. (2013). Heterosis of bacterial wilt (Pseudomonas solanacearum) resistance, yield and related traits in bell pepper (Capsicum annuum). The Indian J. Agric. Sci. 83(11): 345-350.
- Srivastava, J.P., Singh, N.P., and Srivastava, D.K. (2004). Combining ability analysis in chilli (Capsicum annuum L). Veg. Sci. 31(2):135-137.
- Vaishnav, R.S., Srivastava, K., and Singh, P.K. (2010). Heterosis and combining ability in chilli for yield and yield contributing traits (Capsicum annuum L.). Asian J. Bio Sci. 4(2):244-248.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.