Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Response of mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek] to phosphorus, sulphur and PSB during summer season
First Online 10-06-2016|
A field experiment was conducted during two consecutive years of 2008 and 2009 at Instructional Farm of NDUA&T , Kumarganj , Faizabad( U.P.) to study the effect of phosphorus, sulphur and PSB on growth attributes, yield and nutrient uptake by mungbean. The experiment consisted of four levels of phosphorus (0, 20, 40 and 60 kg P2O5ha-1), three levels of sulphur (0, 20 and 40 kg S ha-1) and two levels of seeds inoculation with PSB ( un-inoculation and inoculation ). Results revealed that the increasing levels of phosphorus up to 60 kg P2O5 ha-1, sulphur up to 40 kg S ha-1 and inoculation of seed with PSB increased the plant height, number of pods plant-1, number of seeds pod-1, seed and stover yield and uptake of N, P and S. The net return also increased with increasing levels of phosphorus and inoculation of seeds with PSB. Application of 20 kg S/ha fetched highest net return of mungbean.
- Anonymous (2012). Ministry of Agriculture and Co-operation, GOI. Agriculture Statistics at a glance.
- Gaur, A.C. (1990). Phosphorus Solubilizing Micro-organisms as Bio-fertilizers. Omega Scientific Publishers, New Delhi.
- Kumar, R., Singh, Y.V., Singh, S., Latara, A.M., Mishra, P.M. and Supriya (2012). Effect of phosphorus and sulphur nutrition on yield attributes and yield of mungbean [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 4:2571-2573.
- Mishra, S.K. and Tewari, V.N. (2001). Effect of phosphorus, sulphur and bio-fertilizers on yield, nodulation and quality of pea. Annals of plant and Soil Research. 3:202-205.
- Nath, A., Tripathi, P.N. and Kumar, R. (2004). Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and rhizobium inoculation on growth, yield, nutrient uptake and quality of fababean (Vicia faba L). Annals of Plant and soil Research. 6:95-96.
- Singh, H., Chaudhry, B.S. and Ahmad, B. (2008). Effect of phosphorus, sulphur and phosphate solubilizing bacteria on growth, yield and uptake of nutrients by Cowpea. Annals of Plant and Soil Research. 10: 56-58.
- Singh, U and Yadav, D.S. (1997). Study on sulphur and zinc nutrition of green gram (Phaseolus radiatus L.) in relation to growth attributes, seed protein, yield and S and Zn uptake. Legume Research. 20: 224-226.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.