Resource use efficiency in rice production under SRI and conventional method in Assam, India
Citation :- Resource use efficiency in rice production under SRI andconventional method in Assam, India .Agricultural Science Digest.2016.(36):152-154
To meet the rising demand for rice, the staple food in Assam, the production of rice has to be increased by many folds. Considering the shrinkage of agricultural lands, productivity increase is the only way out to increase the production. System of Rice Intensification (SRI) is reported to enhance rice yield to considerable extent. However, the acceptability of the method by the tradition rice growers of the state is a matter of concern. Further, the resource use status of SRI is yet to be studied systematically in Assam. The present study on resource use in SRI has shown that the resources used in SRI need to be increased for enhanced rice production the state. Awaring the farmers about SRI and imparting proper training on SRI would certainly help the farmers to increase their rice production to make them rice secured.
- Basorun J.O. and Fasakin J.O. (2012): Factors influencing rice production in Igbemo-Ekiti Region of Nigeria. Journal of Agriculture, Food & Environmental Science. 5:1-9
- Deka, N and Devi, G. (2014): Rice production and requirement scenario in Assam- A District Level Analysis. Economic Affairs. 59: 279-283
- Majumder.; M. K., Mozumder, L. and Roy, P.C. (2009): Productivity and resource use efficiency of boro production. J. Bangladesh Agril. Univ. 7: 247–252
- Rao, I.V.Y.R. (2011): Estimation of Efficiency, Sustainability and constraints in SRI (System of Rice Intensification) vis- a-vis traditional methods of paddy cultivation in North Coastal Zone of Andhra Pradesh. Agric. Econ. Res. Rev. 24: 325-331.
- Sani, A.; Yakubu, A. A. and Bello, H.M. (2010): Resource-use efficiency in rice production under small scale irrigation in Bunkure Local Government area of Kano State. Nigerian J. Basic Appld. Sci.. 18: 292-296.