Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Effect of irrigation levels and agrochemicals on dry matter partitioning in summer maize (Zea maize L.)
First Online 29-12-2015|
Application of eight irrigations (seedling, 6 leaf, knee-high, before tasseling, 50% tasseling, 50% silking, grain formation and grain filling stages) where no stress was occurred significantly increased dry matter distribution. Data related to dry matter partitioning in stem, leaves and cobs at 25, 50, 75 and at harvest stage of crop. In general, irrespective of the treatments, crop attained maximum leaf dry weight at flowering stage. This decreased progressively up to harvest stage. While, stem dry weight showed increasing trend up to tasseling and silking stage and than declined slightly towards harvest stage of the crop. Obviously, cobs dry weight increased linearly from flowering up to harvest stage.
- Bhatnagar, G.S., Porwal, M.K. and Chaplot, P.C. (1997). Response of mustard to sowing dates and irrigation regimes in Mahi Command Area of Rajasthan. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 31: 101-104
- Braun, P. Wild, A. (1984). The influence of brassinosteroid on growth and parameters of photosynthesis of weed and
- mustard plants. Journal of Plant Physiology 116: 189-196.
- Govt. of Rajasthan. (2011). Vital Agriculture Statistics, Statistics cell, Directorate of Agriculture, Pant krishi Bhawan, Jaipur Pp. 47
- Kanojia, Y. (2006). Effect of phosphorus nutrition and agrochemicals on the productivity of soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill]. Ph.D. Thesis, Deptt. of Agronomy, RCA, MPUAT, Udaipur.
- Kumawat, B.L. (1996). Response of brassinosteroids in mitigating the effect of water stress in Mustard [Brassica juncea (L.) Czern and Coss.]. M.Sc. Thesis, Deptt. of Agronomy, RAU, Bikaner.
- Maliwal, G.L., Thakkar, K.R., Sonani, V.V., Patel, P.H. and Trivedi, S.N. (1998). Response of mustard to irrigation and fertilizations. Annals of Agriculture. Research 19: 353-355.
- Mehta, J.P. (2004). Response of bioregulators in mitigating moisture stress in mustard [Brassica juncea (L.) Czern. & Coss].Ph.D. Thesis, Deptt. of Agronomy, RCA, MPUAT, Udaipur.
- Mehta, J.P., Sharma, D.D., Suman and Shukla, K.B. (2006). Effect of bioregulators and moisture stress on dry matter accumulation and its partitioning in mustard. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 11: 104-107.
- Menaria, B.L. (2005). Effect of plant density, balanced fertilization and growth regulators on productivity and quality of transplanted fennel [Foeniculum vulgare Mill]. Ph. D. Thesis, RCA, MPUAT, Udaipur.
- Mukherji, S. and Ghosh, A.K. (1996). Plant Physiology. Tata Mc Graw-Hill Publishing Co. Ltd. P. 143.
- Parihar, C.M., Jat, S.L, Singh, A.K., Kumar, A., Chhipa, K.G, Kumar, B., Singh, K., Sharma, S. and Kumar, S. (2012). Maize Bulletin. All India Coordinated Research Project on Maize, Directorate of Maize Research, IARI, New Delhi.
- Salvi, S.L. (1997). Effect of water stress and bioregulators on growth and yield of mustard [Brassica Juncea (L.) Czern& Coss] in vertisols. M.Sc. Thesis, Deptt. Of Agronomy, RAU, Bikaner.
- Samual, S.R., Deshmukh, P.S., Sairam, R.K. and Kushwaha, S.R. (2000). Influence of benzyladenine application on yield and yield components in wheat genotypes under normal and late planting conditions. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 5: 240-243.
- Shivakumar, R., Pathmanaban, G., Kalarani, M.K., Vanangamudi, M. and Srinivasan, P.S. (2002). Effect of foliar application of growth regulators on bio-chemical attributes and grain yield in pearlmillet. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 7: 79-82.
- Solanki, N.S. (2003). Effect of Thiourea and dimethyl sulphoxide on phosphorus use efficiency, dry matter partitioning and productivity of clusterbean [Cyamopsis tetragonolob (L) Taub.]. Ph. D. Thesis, MPUAT,Udaipur.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.