- Akamigbo, F.O.R. (2001). Survey, classification and land use potentials of wetlands. Proceedings of the 27th Annual Conference of Soil Science Society of Nigeria held at University of Calaber, 5th-9th November, 2001, 46-57.
- Anderson, J.M. and Ingram, J.S.I. (1993). Tropical Soil Biology and Fertility. A hand book of methods 2nd (ed). CAB International Information Press Ltd, Eiynsham, U.K. pp 105.
- Collier, P. and Dercon, S. (2014). African agriculture in 50 years: Smallholders in a rapidly changing world? World Development. 63: 92-101. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.worlddev.2013. 10.001.
- Evert-Jan, Q. and Aniek, H. (2014). Final Report on Dutch Food Security Policy Consultation. Food and Business knowledge Platform. doi:10.13140/RG.2.2.28107.59680.
- Fashaho, A.., Ndegwa, G.M., Lelei, J.J., Musandu, A.O. and Mwonga, S.M. (2019). Variations in Soil Chemical Properties, Bacteria and Fungi Populations Along Slope Positions and Profile Depths in Terraced and Non-terraced Lands of Rwanda highlands. Agricultural Science Digest. 39(3): 215-219.
- FMARD 2012. Literature Review on the Soil Fertility Investigation in Southern Nigeria. Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development. Edited by Chude V.O., 2nd Edition. 250p.
- Hadole, S.S., Katkar, R.N., Sarap, P.A., Lakhe, S.R. and Muhammed, S.K. (2019). Status of molybdenum in soils of Palghar district of Maharashtra. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 53(4): 737-740.
- Ibrahim, M.M. and Idoga, S. (2015). Soil Fertility Status of the Research Farm of the University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Benue State, Nigeria. Donnish Journal of Agricultural Research. 2(4): 033-036.
- Kavitha, C. and Sujatha, M.P. (2015). Evaluation of soil fertility status in various agro ecosystems of Thrissur District, Kerala, India. International Journal of Agriculture and Crop Sciences. 8(3): 328-338.
- Kumar, P., Kumar, A., Dyani, B.P., Shadi, U.P., Singh, S.P.., Kumar, R., Kumar, Y. and Sumith, R. (2013). Soil fertility status of some soils of Muzaffarnagar District of Uttar Pradesh, India, along with Ganga canal command area. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 8(14): 1209-1217.
- Jackson, M.L. (1964). Soil Chemical Analysis. Pergaman Press, New York. 432p.
- Musinguzi, P., Ebanyat, P., Tenywa, J.S. and Basamba, T.A. (2016). Critical soil organic carbon for optimal crop response to mineral fertilizer on a feral soil. Experimental Agriculture. 52(4): 636-653.
- Olue, C.E. (2014). Evaluation of potassium status in some soils of Delta state, Nigeria. A Ph.D. Thesis, Department of Soil Science, Ambrose, Alli University, Ekpoma, Edo State, Nigeria.
- Onwudike, S.U, Ihem, E.E. Irokwe I.F. and Onwuso, G. (2015). Variability in the physico-chemical properties of soils of similar lithology in three land use types in Ahiazu Mbaise, Imo State Nigeria. Journal of Agriculture and Crops. 1(3): 38-43.
- Onwudike, S.U.1, Uzoho, B.U.1., Ihem, E.E1, Ahukaemere, C.M.1., Nkwopara, U.1., Irokwe, I. F.1. and Echeanyanwu, G.I.1. (2016). Evaluation of the fertility status of selected soils in Mbaise, Imo State Southeastern Nigeria using nutrient index method. Agrosearch. 16 (1): 79-90.
- Parker, F.W., Nelson, W.L., Winters, E. and Miles, J.E. (1951). The broad interpretation and application of soil test summaries. Agronomy Journal. 43(3): 103-112.
- Rituraj, N. (2018). Assessing the impact of chemical fertilizers on soil acidification: A study on Jorhat district of Assam, India. Agricultural Science Digest. 38(4): 270-274.
- Sachan, H.K. and Krishna, D. (2018). Nutrient status and their relationship with soil properties of dalo (Colocasia esculenta (L.) Schott) growing areas of Rewa district in Fiji. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 52(4): 696-699.
- Sanchez, P.A. (2002). Soil Fertility and Hunger in Africa. Science. 295 (5562): 2019-2020.
- Sharu, M.B., Yakubu, M., Noma, S.S. and Tsafe, A.I. (2013). Characterization and Classification of Soils on an Agricultural landscape in Dingyadi District, Sokoto State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Basic and Applied Science. 21(2): 137-147.
- Turamyenyirijuru, A., Nyagatare, G., Gesimba, R.M. and Birech, R.J. (2019). Assessment of Soil Fertility in Smallholder Potato Farms in Rwanda. Agricultural Science Digest. 39(4): 280-285.
- Walkley, A. and Black, C.A. (1934). An examination of the Degtjareff method for determining soil organic matter and a propose modification of chromic acid titration method. Soil science. 39: 29-38.
- Wahua, T.A.T. (1999). Applied Statistics for Scientific Studies. Afrilink books Ibadan, pp. 60-85.
Submitted Date : 9-07-2020
Accepted Date : 25-08-2020