Chief EditorArvind kumar
Print ISSN 0253-150X
Online ISSN 0976-0547
NAAS Rating 4.75
Stability and Adaptability of Soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill] Genotypes for Yield, Protein and Oil Content using AMMI analysis in Kenya
First Online 16-05-2020|
- Anuradha, B., Aditya, J.P., Kamendra, S., Pushpendra, Purwa, J.P., Agarwal, A. (2017). AMMI and GGE Biplot analysis of multi- environment yield trial of soybean in North western Himalaya state of Uttarakhand of India. Legume Research. 40: 306- 312.
- Cucolotto, M., Pipolo, V.C., Garbuglio, D.D. Junior NSF, Destro, D. and Kamikoga, M.K. (2007). Genotype × environment interaction in soybean: evaluation through three methodologies. Crop Breeding and Applied Biotechnology. 7: 270-277.
- Fehr, W.R. (2003). Genotype and environment influence in protein components of soybean. Crop Science. 43: 511-514.
- Gauch, H.G, (1988). Model selection and validation for yield trials with interaction. Biometrics. 44: 705- 715.
- Gunjan, T., Kamendra, S., Pushpendra, Singh N.K. (2016). Stability analysis for various quantitative traits in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill]. Legume Research. 39: 517-522.
- Jadong, E.A., Uguru, M.I. and Oyiga, B.C. (2011). Determination of yield stability of seven soybean (Glycine max) genotypes across diverse soil pH levels using GGE biplot analysis. Journal of Applied Biosciences. 43: 2924-2941.
- Jaetzold, R., Schmidt, H., Hornez, D. and Shisanya, C. (2010). Farm management hand book of Kenya volume II part B, central Kenya sub-part B1a; Southern rift valley province. Natural conditions and farm management hand book. 2nd edition.
- Khodadad, M. (2012). Grain yield and yield components of soybean upon application of different micronutrient foliar fertilizer at different growth stages. International Journal of Agriculture. 2: 389-394.
- McKevith, B. (2005). Nutritional aspects of oilseeds. Nutritional Bulletin. 30: 1326.
- Modali, H. (2004). Dry matter accumulation by the start of seed filling as a criterion for yield optimization in soybean. PhD Thesis Louisiana State University, USA.
- Ngalamu, T., Ashraf, M., Meseka, S. (2013). Soybean (Glycine max L.) genotype and environment interaction effect on yield and other related traits. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture. 3: 977-987.
- Oliveira, M.A.R., Pipolo, V.C., Schuster, I., Vicente, D., Dellagostin, M., Oliveira, E.F. (2006). Soybean stability and adaptability in southern and central Brazil. Crop Breeding and Applied Biotechnology. 6: 55-64.
- Ramana, M.V. and Satyanarayana, A. (2006). Stability analysis for quality characters in soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merrill]. Legume Research. 29: 274-277.
- Sabaghnia, N., Sabaghpour, S.H. and Dehghani, H. (2008). The use of an AMMI model and its parameters to analyse yield stability in multi-environment trials. Journal of Agricultural Science. 146: 571-581.
- Sujay, R., Ganapathy, K.N., Gomashe, S.S., Rathore, A., Ghorde, R.B., Nagesh Kumar M.V., Ganesmurthy, K., Jain, S.K., Kamtar, M.Y., Sachan, J.S., Ambekar, S.S., Rana, B.R, Kanawade, D.G., Balusamy, M., Kadam, D., Sarkar, A.,
- Tonapi, V.A., Patil, J.V., (2012). GGE biplot analysis to evaluate genotype, environment and their interactions in sorghum multi-location data. Euphytica. 185: 465-479.
- Tubic, S.B., Dordevic, V., Miladinovic, J., Dudic, V. and Tactic, M. (2011). Stability of soybean seed composition. Genetika. 43: 217-227.
- Tukamuhabwa, P., Oloka H.K., Sengooba, T., Kabayi, P. (2012). Yield stability of rust resistant soybean lines at four mid- altitude tropical locations. Euphytica. 183:1-10.
- Ullah, H., Khalil, I.H., Khallil, I.A., Khattak, G.S.S. (2011). Performance of mung bean genotypes evaluated in multi-environmental trials using GGE biplot method. Atlas Journal of Biotechnology. 1:1-8.
- Yan, W. and Rajcan, I. (2002). Biplot analysis of test sites and trait relations of soybean in Ontario.
- Yan, W. Hunt, L.A. Sheng, Q. and Szlanics (2000). Cultivar evaluation and mega-environment investigations based on the GGE biplot. Crop Science. 40: 597-605.
- Yan, Z., Lauer, J.G., Borges, R., Leon, N. (2010). Effects of genotype × environment interaction on agronomic traits in soybean. Crop Science. 50:696-702.
- Yothasiri, A. and Somwang, T. (2006). Stability of soybean genotypes in central plain Thailand. Kasetsart Journal. 34: 315- 322.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.