MARKER GENE FOR HYBRIDIZATION IN CHICKPEA
Citation :- MARKER GENE FOR HYBRIDIZATION IN CHICKPEA.Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):280
Four lines of chickpea, ICCV 13, ICCV 32 with white flowers and Pant G 114, Avrpdhi with
pink flowers were planted in crossing block. Pink flower colour is dominant over white. Therefore,
pink flowered lines were used as male parents. Selected buds with stigma in the receptive stage
were pollinated carefully to avoid injury to intact anthers. In the F1 generation plants were observed for their flower colour. The cross ICCV 32 x Avrodhi resulted the maximum F1 plants with pink flowers followed by ICCV 32 x Pant G 114 cross.
- Arora P.P. and Singh, I.S. (l990).'Int Chickpea News/. 23 : 11-12.
- Arora, P.P. and Singh, I.S. (1985). Indian J. Genet. Pl. Breeding Symposium proceeding Vol. II : 984-986.
- Dahiya, B.S. (1974). Indian J. Genet. 34 : 206-207.
- Pundir, R.P.S. and Reddy, K.N. (1984). Int. Chickpea Newsl. 11 : 9-11.
- Singh, N. (1986). Pulse Crop News/. 6: 17.