ROLE OF MARKER GENE FOR CROSSING IN CHICKPEA
Citation :- ROLE OF MARKER GENE FOR CROSSING IN CHICKPEA.Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):279
Two genotypes (BGM 447, GNG 149) with white flowers and two genotypes (C 235, Avrodhi)
with pink flowers were planted for crossing in chickpea. White flowered lines were used as female
and pir.k flowered lines as male parents. Selected buds with intact anthers and stigma in the receptive stage were carefully pollinated to avoid injury to intact anthers. In the F1 generations, plants were observed for their flower colour. The cross BGM 447 X Avrodhi resulted the maximum F1 plants with pink flowers and was followed by BGM 447 x C 235, GNG·149 x Avrodhi and GNG 149 xC 235 cross.
- Arora, P.P. and Singh, l.S. (1990)./nt. Chickpea Newsl. 23: 11-12.
- Arora, P.P. and Singh, I.S. (1995). Indian J. Genet. Plant Breeding Symp. Proc. Vol. II : 984-986.
- Dahiya, B.S. (1974)./ndianJ. Genet. 34: 206-207.
- Pundir. R.P.S. and Reddy, KN. (1984). Int. Chickpea Newsl. 11: 9-11.
- Reting, G. (1971). israel J. Agric. Res. 21 : 113.
- Singh, N. (1986). Pulse Crop Newsl. 6 : 17.