EFFECT OF LOW PLASTIC TUNNELS ON FLOWERING AND FRUIT SETI1NG OF WINTER TOMATO
Citation :- EFFECT OF LOW PLASTIC TUNNELS ON FLOWERING AND FRUIT SETI1NG OF WINTER TOMATO.Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):225-227
The effect of low pla~ic tunnels on flowering and fruit setting of tomato was studied dUring
winter-spring season for two years. All the covered treatments significantly increased the number of .flowers per cluster, per cent short-styled flowers and per cent fruit set over the control, wh~reas, p~r cent long-styled flowers progressively decreased with the increase in gauge of the plastic. Plasticcoverings also reduced number of days to fruit set and first harvest as compared to uncovered treatment.
- Calvert, A. (1965). N.A.A.S.QRev. 70: 79-88.
- Charles, W.B. and Harris, R.E. (1972). Can. J. PI. Sci. 52 : 497-506.
- Dobos, L. (1983). Zoldsegtermesztesi Kutato Intezct BuUentinje. 16: 71-82.
- Gautam, R.R. etal. (1981). HaryanaJ. Hort. Sci. 10 : 81-85.
- Gent, M.P.N. (1990). Applied Agric. Res. 5 : 112-118.
- Kumar, Ravinder and Srivastava, BK (1997). Veg. Sci. 24 : 83-86.
- Short, T.H. and Kretchman, DW. (1974). Am. Veg. Grower 22 : 24-26.
- Turna, H.S. (1980). M.Sc. Thesis, G.B. Pant Univ. of Agric. & Tech., Pantnagar 84 p.