LOSSES CAUSED DUE TO LEAF BLIGHT DISEASE IN THE GRAIN YIELD OF IRRIGATED WHEAT
Citation :- LOSSES CAUSED DUE TO LEAF BLIGHT DISEASE IN THE GRAIN YIELD OF IRRIGATED WHEAT.Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):203-204
A field trial was conducted during 1995-96 and 1996-97 to ascertain the losses caused
due to leaf blight disease in the grain yield of irrigated wheat. A susceptible variety 'Vijay'
was sown In the trial. The artificial inoculations of mass culture of Altemaria triticina was done
in the inoculated plots at 20 DAS, 30 DAS, and 40 DAS to create the desirable level of disease
pressure of leaf blight. The un-inoculated plots (control) were sprayed with Mancozeb 75 WP
(0.25%) to check the leaf blight disease. It revealed that inoculated plots showed highest intensity
of leaf blight disease within the range of 58.42 to 64.91 per cent and gave significant
reduction in the yields In the range of 19.95 to 39.32 per cent and also reduction in 1000 grain
weight i.e. 6.80 to 17.08 per cent, as compared to un-inoculated plots of Vijay.
- Anonymous (1996) Districtwise Agri!. Statistical Information of 1995-96 in Maharashtra Part II: 79.
- Kotasthane, S.R. and Agrawal, S.C. (1976) Pesticides 10 (8) : 35-36.
- Kulkarni, G.S. (1924) Rep. Dep. Agric. Bombay Presidency 1922-23 : 167-171.
- Prabhu, A.S. and Amar Singh (1974) Indian Phytopath. 27 : 632-634.
- Sokhi, 5.5. and Joshi, L.M. (1972) Indian J. Microbiol.'12 : 108-109.
- Sharma, AK. et al. (1995) Directorate of Wheat Research Karnal, Progress Report, 1995 c.PV. : 37.
- Sharma, AK. et al. (1997) Directorate of Wheat Research Karnal, Progress Report, 1997 C.Pv. : 101.