INTERACTION EFFECT OF POTASSIUM AND ZINC ON THE GROWTH AND UPTAKE BY JUTE (CORCHORUS OUTOR/US L.) IN FINE VERTIC OCHRAQUALF SOIL
Citation :- INTERACTION EFFECT OF POTASSIUM AND ZINC ON THE GROWTH AND UPTAKE BY JUTE (CORCHORUS OUTOR/US L.) IN FINE VERTIC OCHRAQUALF SOIL.Agricultural Science Digest.2000.(20):75-77
A pot culture experiment was conducted on jute (Corchoros oli(orius L.) grown in
Lateritic soil of Panagrah during 1993 and 1994 to study the effect of K and Zn application on.
dry matter production and their uptake by jute crop fibre and wood. Application of K and Zn
increased the total dry matter, bark (fibre) and wood up to 40 mg K kg'1 and 5 mg Zn kg:1
levels respectively. Total K uptake increased significantly with the application ·of K and Zn
individually. Uptake of K by both b'ark and wood was also significant due to application of K
alone. But the effect of Zn alone and K x Zn interaction on fibre and wood did not show any
significant results. However, Zn uptake by the whole plant increased significantly due to
application of all levels of K and Zinc upto 5 mg kg,1 respectively. With the increasing level of
potassium, zinc absorption increased significantly with significant decrease in K/Zn ratio of
the whoie plant.
- Chatterjee, AK et 01. (1996). J. Indian Soc. Soil ScI. 44: 792.
- Deb, D.L. et 01. (1976). Bull. Indian Soc. Soil ScI. 10 : 205.
- ,Jackson, M.L. (1973). Soil Chemical Analysis. Prentice Hall of India Ltd., New DelhI.
- Mandai, AK et 01.. (1970). Ferti/. News 15 : 30-36.
- Mandai, AK et 01. (1980). Fertil. News, 25 : 60-65.
- N1engal, K and Kirkby, E.A. (1981). Ado. Agron. 33 : 59.
- Narwal, R.P. et 01. (1985). PI. Soil, 86 : 129.
- Singh, V. et 01. (1992). J. Pot. Res., 8 : 144.
- Swarup, A and Ghosh, AB. (1981). Indian J. Agron. 26 : 282.
- Tiwari, KN. et 01. (1982). PI. Soil 65 : 141.