GENETIC VARIABILITY INSUNNHEMP (CROTOlAR1A JUNCEA)
Citation :- GENETIC VARIABILITY INSUNNHEMP (CROTOlAR1A JUNCEA).Agricultural Science Digest.2004.(24):231 - 232
Eight genotypes of Crotolaria were evaluated for genetic variability in eight quantitative characters. High value of range and mean for all the characters indicated considerable amount of variability In Crotolaria. Seed yield per plant had significant effect of environment as phenotypic coefficient of variation was much higher than genotypic coefficient. High heritability coupled with high genetic advance was observed for days to flowering, plant height, number of leaves per plant, number of pods per plant and seed yield per plant.
- Allard, R.W. (1960). Principles of Plant Breeding. John Wiley and Sons, New York.
- Burton, GW. and DeVane, E.H. (1953). Agron. J., 45: 478-481.
- Johnson, H.W. et a/. (1955). Agron. J., 47: 314-318.
- Panse, VG. and Sukhatme, p.v. (1978). Statistical Method for Agricultural Workers. Indian Council of Agricultural Research. New Delhi. 147-148.
- Singh, RK and Choudhary, B.D. (1983). Biometrical Methods in Quantitative Genetic Analysis. Kalyani Publishers. New Delhi.
- Whyte, R.O. et al. (1966). In: The Legumes in Agriculture. FAO. Agricultural Studies No. 21: 263-266.