Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Non-traditional small poultry species: An approach to food sustainability
First Online |
- FAO. (2014). FAO Statistical Year book. http://faostat.fao.org/site/339/default.aspx (Access on 28.04.2014).
- Shalev BA. 1995. Comparative growth and efficiency of various avian species Poultry production-World Animal Science, (Ed. Hunton, P.,) Elsevier, Amesterdam, 53-78.
- Zanusso J, Remingnon H, Guy G, Manesh H and Babile R. 2003. Effects of over feeding on myofiber characteristics and metabolical traits of the breast muscle of Muscovy duck. Reproduction, Nutrition and development, 43: 105-115.
- Baeza E, Dessay C, Wacrenier N, Marche G and Listrat A. (1997). Effect of selection for improved body weight and composition on muscle and meat characteristics in Muscovy duck. British Poultry Science, 43: 560-568.
- Remignon R, (2004) Production of turkeys, geese, ducks and game birds. In: Poultry Meat Processing and Quality. (Ed., Mead G.C.,) Woodhead Publishing limited, Cambridge, England.
- Sarvella P, Robinson M and Davis C. (1973). Palatability and meat quality of chicken-pheasant and chicken-quail hybrids. Poultry Science, 52: 1578-1583.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.