Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Dry land techniques for vegetable production in India-A review
First Online 28-09-2015|
- AICRPDA (2003) All India Coordinated Research Project for Dryland Agriculture Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture report .pp 200-210.
- Allolli, T.B., Hulihalli, U.K. and Athanik, S.I. 2008. Influence of in situ moisture conservation practices on the performance of dryland cluster bean Karnataka J. Agric. Sci.,21:250-252.
- Banerjee, M.K. and Kalloo, G. (1991). Genotypic differences in tolerance of heat at fruitset in tomato. Veg. Sci.,18: 151-155.
- Creswell, B.R. and Martin, F.W. (1993). Dryland Farming: Crops and Techniques for Arid regions. Echo Technical Note, pp.4-6
- Davenport, D.C., Fisher, M.A. and Hagan, R.M. 1972. Some counteractive effects of antitranspirants. Pl.Physiol.49: 722-724.
- Dhake, A.V., Adsul, G.G. and Subramniam, V.R.2009.Studies on liquid fertilizer application through drip irrigation in tomato.Green farming.2:280-282
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations). 2000. Crops and Drops. Rome, Italy.
- Gale, J.1961. Studies on plant antitranspirants. Pl.Physiol. 14: 777-786.
- Gupta, J.P. and Gupta, G.N. (1982). Effect of the application of exfoliated vermiculite on soil properties and vegetable production in arid zone of Western Rajasthan, India. Agro Chimica. 26:38-43
- Gupta, J.P. and Gupta, G.N. (1985). Effect of mulches on hydrothermal environment of soil and crop production in arid Western Rajasthan. Ann. Arid zone, 24: 131-142.
- Habitu, N., and H. Mahoo. 1999. Rainwater harvesting technologies for agricultural production: A case for Dodoma, Tanzania. In Conservation tillage with animal traction, ed. P.G. Kambutho, and T.E. Simalenga. Harare, Zimbabwe: A resource book of Animal Traction Network for Eastern and Southern Africa (ATNESA).
- Jerlin, R., Ponnuswamy, A.S., Prabakar, K. and Srinivasan, M.R. (2008). Seed pelletization for enhancing seed vigour and storability of chillies cv. K1. Madras agric. J., 95 : 486- 490.
- Kale, S.R. Salvi, V.G. and Varade, P.A (1993). Runoff and soil loss as affected by different soil conservation measures under Eleusine coracana (Ragi) in lateritic soils. West coast Konkan Region (MH) India. India J. of Soil Conservn. 21: 11-15.
- Krishnappa, A.M., Arunkumar, Y.S., Appa, K. and Hegde, B.R. 1999. Improved in-situ moisture conservation practices for stabilized crop yield in drylands. CRIDA, Hyderbad, pp. 201-300
- Maliwal, P.L., Singh, G.D. and Manohar, S.S. (1987). Effect of phosphorus and zinc levels on yield attributes and yield of cluster bean. Rajasthan agric. Univ. Res. J., 1: 68-71.
- Natarajan, S. (1990). Standardization of nitrogen application for chilli grown under semi- dry condition. South Indian Hort., 38: 315-318.
- Prakash (1990). Effect of antitranspirants on physiological aspects and yielding potential of brinjal CO 2. M.Sc. Thesis, Tamul Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore (T.N.).
- Reddy, E.S. and Rao, S.N. (1983). Response of bittergourd to pitcher and basin system of irrigation. South Indian Hort., 31: 117-120.
- Renugadevi, J., Natarajan, N. and Srimathi, P. (2008). Influence of film coating with polykote on seed quality characteristics of cluster bean [Cyamopsis tetragonoloba (L.) Taub.]. Madras agric. J., 95 : 475-479.
- Sannigrahi A.K. and Borah B.C. 2002. Influence of Black Polyethylene and organic mulches on Tomato (Lycopersicon Esculentum Mill.,) and Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus L) production in Assam vegetable science 29 : 92-93.
- Singh, R.P., Singh, H.P. and Singh,K.C. (1975). A note on the use of bentonite clay as sub-soil moisture barrier for vegetable production on drylands of Rajasthan. Annals. of Arid Zone, 14 : 63-66.
- Srinivasa Rao, M., Dharma Reddy, K., Singh, T.V.K. and Subba Reddy, G. 2002. Crop-Crop Diversity as a key component of IPM. Agricultural Reviews. 23: 272-280
- TAR-IVLP, Dharwad (2005) Technology Assessment and Refinement through Institute Village Linkage Program under Nutritous ceral based Production System. Final Report published by IIHR, Bangalore.
- Venkateswarlu, B., Balloli, S.S. and Ramkrishna, Y.S. 2007.Organic Farming in Rainfed Agriculture. CRIDA, pp: 129-130.
- Viswanatha Reddy, K. (1995). Studies on pre-sowing seed treatment in differentially aged seeds of Brinjal (Solanum melongena L.) cv. PKM-1. M.Sc. Thesis, Tamil Nadu Agricultural
- Zelitch, I. (1969). Stomatal control. Ann.Rev.Pl.Physiol. 20 : 329-350.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.