Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
PERFORMANCE OF DIFFERENT LEVELS OF NITROGEN AND PHOSPHORUS ON HERBAGE YIELD, NUTRIENT CONTENT AND UPTAKE OF RAIN FED PALMAROSA (CYMBOPOGAN MARTINI VAR. MOTIA)- A REVIEW
First Online |
- Aishwath, O. P., Ram Chandra, Dinesh Kumar and Jha. B. K. (2005). Yield and macronutrient uptake by Isabgol (Plantago ovata) with application of N and P under medium soil fertility. Indian J. Soc. Soil Sci. 53: 410-412.
- Anonymous. (2001). Hand Book of Horticulture, ICAR, New Delhi pp 614-624.
- Barooh, M., Khader. M. D. (1990). Studies on phosphorus utilization by Palmarosa (Cymgopogon martinii var. Motia). Indian Perfumer. 34: 147-151.
- Chandra, V. (1983). Nutrient requirements for some medicinal and aromatic plants. Biol. Mem. 6(1) : 81-96.
- Chuhan, H. S., Ram, P. Singh U. V. and Singh K. (1991). Response of Japnese mint (Mentha arvensis L.) to phosphorus and zinc on mollisoles of Tarai belt in Uttar Pradesh. Indian Perfumer. 35: 150-15
- Chatterjee, S. K. and Ghosh. M. L. (1973). Cultivation of essential oil yielding plants in the hilly tracts and Gangetic plains of West Bengal. Indian Perfum. 17: 31-34.
- Detroja, H. J., Sukhadia, N. M. Khanpara, V. D. Malavia D. D. and Kaneria B. B. (1996). Response of fenugreek (Trigonella foenum Graecum) to nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium. Indian J. Agron. 41: 179-180.
- Dutta, P. K. and Paul. S. C. (1976). Effect of fertilizers on the herb yield and oil content of Palmarosa grass (Cymbopogon martinii Var. Motia). Medicinal and Aromatic Plants. GAU Anand. pp 112.
- Ghosh and Maity. (1985). Effect of nitrogen and phosphorus on growth and yield of coriander. Indian Coco, Arecanut and Species J. 9(2) : 44-46.
- Ghosh, M. L. and Chatterjee S. K. (1978). growth and essential oil content of Java citronella in Burdwan West Bengal. Indian Perfumer. 22(4): 964-968.
- Hazarika, J. N., Baura, A. Barua A. K. A. (1978). Effect of NPK fertilizers on the yield and quality of Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii Var. Motia) under the influence of seasonal variations. Indian Perfum. 22: 36-39. .
- Hazarika, J. N. and Bora. A. C. (1977). Effect of varying combinations of NPK fertilizers on yield of Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii Var. Motia). Indian Perfum. 31: 51-53.
- Husain Akhtar. (1979). Development of a high yielding variety of citronella adopted to north Indian. Plains annual report CIMAP Lucknow. pp 9.
- Jadhav, C. N., Sukhadia N. M. and Ramani B. B. (2000). Effect of sowing dates, nitrogen and phosphorus on growth and yield of Isabgol (Plantago ovata Forsk). GAU. Res. J. 25: 84-87.
- Jamuna, P. P., Rao, N. Reddy P. V. Rao M. R. (1991). Phosphorus requirement of coriander in black clay soil of low available P2O5. Indian Cocoa, Arcanut and Species Journal. 14: 112-113.
- Jayshree Bhaskar, Bharad G. M. and Patil S. N. (1996). Effect of plant population, nitrogen and phosphorus on grain Amarnath (Amaranthus species). Indian J. Agron. 41:
- Nair, E. V. G., Chinnamma, N. P. Kumari P. K. (1979). A quarter century of research on lemongrass at LRS. Indian Perfum. 23: 218-219.
- Nandi, R. P. and Chatterjee S. K. (1997). Improved cultivation and distillation method followed by citronella plantation of Darjeeling Hills. Indian Perfumer. 35: 24-29.
- Prakasha Rao, E. V. S., Narayana M. R., Munnu Singh and Puttanna. (1983). Effect of N, P and K fertilizer on growth yield and nutrient uptake in Java citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt). Z. Ackerp Flazerb. 152: 279-293.
- Prakasha Rao, E. V. S., Narayana M. R., Munnu Singh, Puttanna. (1985). Effect of NPK fertilizers on growth yield and nutrient uptakes in Java citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt). Z. Ackerp Flazerb. 15: 279-283.
- Prakasha Rao, E. V. S., Singh M. and Chandrasekhar G. (1988). Effect of nitrogen application on herb yield nitrogen uptake and nitrogen recovery in Java citronella (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt). Indian J. Agron. 33: 412-415.
- Rajan, K. C., N. Sadanandan and E. V. G. Nair. 1984. Aromatic and medicinal plants research station Asamannoor. 683-549 Odakkali, Kerala. Agric. Res. J. Kerala. 22: 37-42.
- Rajeshwara Rao, B. R., Prakasa Rao E. V. S., Singh K. and Singh M., Kaul P. N. and Bhattacharya A. K. (1991). Fertilizer effect on Palmarosa (Cymbopogon martinii) under semi-arid tropical conditions of India. Indian J. Agric. Sci. 61: 169-174.
- Rajeswara Rao ,B.R (2001).Biomass and essential oil yields of rainfed palmaros(Cymbopogonmartinii Roxb.) Wats. var. motia Burk.) supplied with different levels of organic manure and fertilizer nitrogen in semi-arid tropical climate. Industrial Crops and Products.14:171-178
- Singh, K., Chowdary A., Subrahmanyam K., Chatterjee B. N. and Singh D. V. (1991). Growth and yield response of citronella Java (Cymbopogon winterianus Jowitt) to phosphorus and potassium levels at high nitrogen. J. Potassium Res. 7: 35-46.
- Sukhmal Chand and Rajeswararao B. R. (1996). Response of lemongrass to levels and methods of application of phosphorus and potassium. Journal of Potassium Research. 12: 400-405
- Sundaravadivel, K., Chitdeswari T., Periswamy M., Subrahamanian M. and Krishnadas D. (2000). Nitrogen levels and sources on herb oil yield and soil fertility of rainfed Palmarosa. Madras Agric. J. 86: 272-274.
- Virmani, O. P., K. Singh and R. P. Singh. (1979). Citronella and its cultivation in India CIMAP, Lucknow. Farm Bull No. 1 : 6.
- Yadav, R. L., M. Anwar and M. Ram. (1984). Fertilizers nitrogen recovery and growth of java citronella as influenced by row spacing and nitrogen. Indian J. Agron. 29:305-308.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.