PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT OF RURAL BACKYARD POULTRY IN Dakshin DINAJPUR DISTRICT OF WEST BENGAL – A Review*
Citation :- PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT OF RURAL BACKYARD POULTRY IN Dakshin DINAJPUR DISTRICT OF WEST BENGAL – A Review*.Agricultural Reviews.2011.(32):216-221
Backyard poultry farming plays a significant role for subsidiary income and supplementary nutrition for the rural farmers particularly women in the community. Realizing the importance, Dakshin Dinajpur KVK under UBKV has started backyard poultry improvement programme (BPIP) through training, FLD, supervision, and monitoring to improve the productivity of indigenous backyard poultry. The study depicts the dominance of backyard poultry farming by the rural women and this BPIP is gaining momentum in spite of few constraints regarding implementation of the programme. The study finally show the avenues to resolve the constraints and achieve the ultimate success of this developmental intervention.
- Bulbul, S. M. (1983). Proceedings of the 4th seminar held in Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh.
- Huque, Q, M, E, and Haque, M, E, (1990). Poultry Adviser, 12 (8) 57-60.
- Rahaman, M.M., Baqui, M.A. and Howlider, M.A. (2004). Livestock Res. Rural Develop., 6 (II), 2004, USA.
- Safalaoh, A.C.L. (2001). World’s Poultry Sc. J. ; 57:179-188.
- Safalaoh, A.C.L. (2003). Final supervision Poultry Report. Special Programme for food security. FAO, Lilongwe, Malawai.
- Safalaoh, A.C.L., Kadigi, H.J.S. and Phoya, R.K.D. (1996). Uniswa, Res. J. Agric. Sc. Technol. 1 : 61-67.
- Sazzad, M. H. (1986). Proceedings of the First Annual Livestock Research Workshop, Bangladesh Livestock Research Institute, Savar, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Pp 63-67.
- Sentalo, P. (1998). Vety. Deptt., Hoima district local Govt., P.O. Box No.-2, Hoima, Uganda.