Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Pros and Cons of Women Empowerment Methodologies/Approches: A Review
First Online 02-02-2021|
- Bardhan, K. and Klasen, S. (1999). UNDP is gender-related indices: A critical review. World Development. 27(6): 985-1010.
- Charmes, J., Wieringa S. (2003). Measuring women’s empowerment: An assessment of the gender-related development index and the gender empowerment measure. Journal of Human Development. 4(3): 419-435.
- Chattopadhyay, R. and Duflo, E. (2004). Women as policy makers: evidence from a randomized policy experiment in India. Econometrica. 72(5): 1409-1443.
- Dijkstra, A. Geske. (2006). Towards a fresh start in measuring gender inequality: A contribution to the debate. Journal of Human Development. 7(2): 275.
- Ferrant, G. (2010). The Gender Inequalities Index (GII) as a New Way to Measure Gender Inequalities in Developing Countries, Sciences New York. 106-112.
- Hawken, A. and Gerardo M. (2009). Cross-national indices with gender differentiated data: What do they measure? How valid are they? Human Development Report on Gender. UNDP.
- Ibrahim, S. and Alkire, S. (2007). Agency and Empowerment: A Proposal for Internationally Comparable Indicators. OPHI Working Paper Series. (04): 6-14.
- WEAI (2016). Intervention guide for the women’s empowerment in agriculture index (WEAI) practitioners’ guide to selecting and designing. WEAI Interventions March 2016, Special Report, USAID.
- Kabeer N. (1992). Triple Roles, Gender Roles, Social Relations: The Political Sub-Text of Gender Training, Institute of Development Studies, Sussex (Discussion Paper).
- Kabeer, N. (2005). Gender equality and women’s empowerment: A critical analysis of the third millennium development goal. Gender and Development. 13(1): 13-24.
- Klasen S. (2006). UNDP’s gender-related measures: Some conceptual problems and possible solutions. Journal of Human Development. 7(2): 243-274.
- Mahajan, V. (2012). Women Empowerment and Social Justice: A Socialist Feminist Social Work Approach. International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research (IPEDR). 34: 69-73.
- Malhotra, A., Schuler, S.R. and Boender, C. (2002). Measuring women’s empowerment as a variable in international development. World Bank Workshop on Poverty and Gender: New Perspectives: pp 1-59.
- Ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises, Ministry of Women and Child Development, GOI, retrieved on 5/5/2020.
- Mokta, M. (2014). Empowerment of Women in India: A critical Analysis of Empowerment of Women in India. Indian Journal of Public Administration. 60(3): 473-488.
- Schuler, D. (2006). The uses and misuses of the gender-related development index and gender empowerment measure. Journal of Human Development. 7(2): 161-81.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.