- Bardhan, K. and Klasen, S. (1999). UNDP is gender-related indices: A critical review. World Development. 27(6): 985-1010.
- Charmes, J., Wieringa S. (2003). Measuring women’s empowerment: An assessment of the gender-related development index and the gender empowerment measure. Journal of Human Development. 4(3): 419-435.
- Chattopadhyay, R. and Duflo, E. (2004). Women as policy makers: evidence from a randomized policy experiment in India. Econometrica. 72(5): 1409-1443.
- Dijkstra, A. Geske. (2006). Towards a fresh start in measuring gender inequality: A contribution to the debate. Journal of Human Development. 7(2): 275.
- Ferrant, G. (2010). The Gender Inequalities Index (GII) as a New Way to Measure Gender Inequalities in Developing Countries, Sciences New York. 106-112.
- Hawken, A. and Gerardo M. (2009). Cross-national indices with gender differentiated data: What do they measure? How valid are they? Human Development Report on Gender. UNDP.
- Ibrahim, S. and Alkire, S. (2007). Agency and Empowerment: A Proposal for Internationally Comparable Indicators. OPHI Working Paper Series. (04): 6-14.
- WEAI (2016). Intervention guide for the women’s empowerment in agriculture index (WEAI) practitioners’ guide to selecting and designing. WEAI Interventions March 2016, Special Report, USAID.
- Kabeer N. (1992). Triple Roles, Gender Roles, Social Relations: The Political Sub-Text of Gender Training, Institute of Development Studies, Sussex (Discussion Paper).
- Kabeer, N. (2005). Gender equality and women’s empowerment: A critical analysis of the third millennium development goal. Gender and Development. 13(1): 13-24.
- Klasen S. (2006). UNDP’s gender-related measures: Some conceptual problems and possible solutions. Journal of Human Development. 7(2): 243-274.
- Mahajan, V. (2012). Women Empowerment and Social Justice: A Socialist Feminist Social Work Approach. International Proceedings of Economics Development and Research (IPEDR). 34: 69-73.
- Malhotra, A., Schuler, S.R. and Boender, C. (2002). Measuring women’s empowerment as a variable in international development. World Bank Workshop on Poverty and Gender: New Perspectives: pp 1-59.
- Ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises, Ministry of Women and Child Development, GOI, retrieved on 5/5/2020.
- Mokta, M. (2014). Empowerment of Women in India: A critical Analysis of Empowerment of Women in India. Indian Journal of Public Administration. 60(3): 473-488.
- Schuler, D. (2006). The uses and misuses of the gender-related development index and gender empowerment measure. Journal of Human Development. 7(2): 161-81.
Submitted Date : 13-10-2020
Accepted Date : 14-12-2020