Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Organic Liquid Manures and Bio-Fertilizers: A Tool for Soil and Crop Productivity
First Online 17-12-2020|
- Ananthi, K. and Vanangamudi, M. (2014). Foliar spray of humic acid with growth regulators in nutrient content and yield of green gram [Vigna radiata (L.) Wilczek]. Legume Research-An International Journal. 37: 359-362.
- Ansari, A.A. and Sukhraj, K. (2010). Effect of vermiwash and vermicompost on soil parameters and productivity of okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) in Guyana. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 5: 1794-1798.
- Aulakh, C.S., Singh, H., Walia, S.S., Phutela, R.P. and Singh, G. (2013). Evaluation of microbial culture (Jeevamruth) preparation and its effect on productivity of field crops. Indian Journal of Agronomy. 58: 182-186.
- Babu, S. (2017). Enhancement of black gram productivity through soil and foliar application of nutrients. In Proceedings of 71st The IRES international conference, Kualahumpur, Malaysia, Ist-2nd June.
- Basavaraja, P.K., Yogendra, N.D., Zodape, S.T., Prakash, R. and Ghosh, A. (2018). Effect of seaweed sap as foliar spray on growth and yield of hybrid maize. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 41: 1851-1861.
- Bhavya, K., Reddy, R.S. and Triveni, S. (2017). Influence of carrier and liquid rhizobial biofertilizer on nodulation, nitrogenase activity and yield in mungbean crop by different method of applications. International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience. 5: 1666-1670.
- Biswas, P.K. and Bhowmick, M.K. (2007). Effect of liquid and carrier based Rhizobium inoculants on growth, nodulation and seed yield of urdbean. Journal of Crop Weed. 3: 7-9.
- Blunden (1991) - Blunden, G (1991). Agricultural uses of sea weeds and sea weed extracts. In Guiry MD, Blunden G (eds) Sea weed resources in Europe: uses and potential. Wiley, Chicester, pp 65-81.
- Boraiah, B., Devakumar, N., Shubha, S. and Palanna, K.B. (2017). Effect of panchagavya, jeevamruth and cow urine on beneficial microorganisms and yield of capsicum [Capsicum annuum (L.) var. grossum]. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 6: 3226-3234.
- De Britto, J.A. and Girija, S.L. (2006). Investigation on the effect of organic and inorganic farming methods on black gram and green gram. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research. 40: 204- 207.
- Dwivedi, S.K. and Ashok, P.K. (2015). Impact of natural organic fertilizer (seaweed saps) on productivity, nutrient uptake and economics of greengram (Phaseolus radiata L.). International Journal of Environmental Sciences. 461-466.
- Esakkiammal, B. Esaivani, C. Vasanthi, K. LakshmiBai, L. and Shanthi, P.N. (2015). Microbial diversity of vermicompost and vermiwash prepared from Eudrilus euginae. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 4: 873-883.
- Fazulla, S. and Ashok, S.S. (2017). Effect of soil amendments and organic foliar sprays on crop growth, seed yield and quality of green gram (Vigna radiata L.). Journal of Farm Science. 30: 190-194
- Gadewar, R., Lambat, A. and Charjan, S. (2013). Efficacy of indigenous organic preparation on viability, vigour, field emergence and seed mycoflora of Mungbean. In: Sustainable approaches for environmental conservation, pp 31-35,
- Gore, N.S. and Sreenivasa, M.N. (2011). Influence of liquid organic manures on growth, nutrient content and yield of tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum Mill.) in the sterilized soil. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 24.
- Gunasekar, J., Reddy, K.S., Sindhu, G.P., Anand, S., Kalaiyarasi, G., Anbarasu, M. and Dharmaraj, K. (2018). Effect of leaf extracts and panchagavya foliar spray on plant characters, yield and resultant seed quality of black gram [Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper] cv. CO 6. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 7: 3205-3214.
- Kalaivanan, C., Chandrasekaran, M. and Venkatesalu, V. (2012). Effect of seaweed liquid extract of Caulerpascal pelliformis on growth and biochemical constituents of black gram [Vigna mungo (L.) Hepper]. Phykos. 42: 46-53.
- Kaur, P., Bhardwaj, M. and Babbar, I. (2015) Effect of vermicompost and vermiwash on growth of vegetables. Research Journal of Animal Veterinary and Fishery Science. 3: 9-12.
- Kavitha, M.P., Ganesaraja, V. and Paulpandi, V.K. (2008). Effect of foliar spraying of sea weed extract on growth and yield of rice (Oryza sativa L.). Agricultural Science Digest. 28: 127-129.
- Khandare, R.N., Chandra, R., Pareek, N. and Raverkar, K.P. (2015). Effect of varying rates and methods of carrier based and liquid Azotobacter and PSB biofertilizers on yield and nutrient uptake by wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) and soil properties. Journal of the Indian Society of Soil Science. 63: 436-441.
- Kocira, S., Kocira, A., Kornas, R., Koszel, M., Szmigielski, M., Krajewska, M. and Krzysiak, Z. (2018). Effects of seaweed extract on yield and protein content of two common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) cultivars. Legume Research-An International Journal. 41: 589-593.
- Kumar, H.R., Janakiraman, N., Sheshadri, T., Gowda, J.V. and Mahantesh, V. (2012). Integrated organic nutrient supply systems on growth and yield of groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.). Environment and Ecology. 30: 118-121.
- Makkar, C., Jaswinder, S. and Chander, P. (2017). Vermicompost and vermiwash as supplement to improve seedling, plant growth and yield in Linum usitassimum L. for organic agriculture. International Journal of Recycling of Organic Waste in Agriculture. 6: 203-218.
- Manivannan, S. (2004). Standardization and nutrient analysis of vermicomposting sugarcane wastes, pressmud-trash-bagasse by Lampito mauriti (Kingberg) and Perionyx exacavatus (perrier) and crop productivity (Doctoral dissertation, Ph. D. Thesis, Annamalai University, India).
- Manyuchi, M.M., Kadzungura, L., Phiri, A. and Muredzi, P. (2013). Effect of vermicompost, vermiwash and application time on Zea mays growth. International Journal of Scientific Engineering and Technology. 2: 638-641.
- Mohan, B. and Srinivasan, T. S. (2008). Evaluation of organic growth promoters on yield of dryland vegetable crops in India. Journal of Organic Systems. 3: 23-36.
- Mooney, P.A. and Vanstaden, J. (1987). Tentative identification of cytokinins in Sargassum heterophyllum (Phaeophyceae). Botania Marina. 30: 323-325.
- Nath, G. and Singh, K. (2016). Vermiwash: a potent liquid biofertilizer. Research Journal of Science and Technology. 8: 21-30.
- Osman, E.A.M., El-Masry, A.A. and Khatab, K.A. (2013). Effect of nitrogen fertilizer sources and foliar spray of humic and/ or fulvic acids on yield and quality of rice plants. Advances in Applied Science Research. 4: 174-183.
- Pal, A., Dwivedi, S.K., Maurya, P.K. and Kanwar, P. (2015). Effect of seaweed saps on growth, yield, nutrient uptake and economic improvement of maize (sweet corn). Journal of Applied and Natural Science. 7: 970-975.
- Palekar, S. (2006). Text book on Shoonya Bandavalada Naisargika Krushi, Published by Swamy Anand, Agri Prakashana, Bangalore, pp. 210-214
- Phate, S., Kate, T. and Wagh, G.N. (2014). Effect of different formulations of liquid manures on the biodiversity of beneficial microbes. Bioscience Biotechnology Research Communications. 7: 18-26.
- Pramanick, B., Brahmachari, K., Ghosh, A. and Zodape, S.T. (2014). Effect of seaweed saps on growth and yield improvement of transplanted rice in old alluvial soil of West Bengal. Bangladesh Journal of Botany. 43: 53-58.
- Priyanka, B., Ramesh, T., Rathika, S. and Balasubramaniam, P. (2019). Foliar application of fish amino acid and egg amino acid to improve the physiological parameters of rice. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Science. 8: 3005-3009.
- Raja, D. and Takankharb, V.G. (2017). Effect of liquid biofertilizers (Bradyrhizobium and PSB) on availability of nutrients and soil chemical properties of soybean (Glycine max L.). International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience. 5: 88-96.
- Ramesh, S., Sudhakar, P. and Elankavi, S. Effect of organic foliar nutrition on growth and yield of maize (Zea mays L.). International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews. 5.
- Reddy, S.A.P. Venkata Rao, J. SateeshBabu and M.V. Ramana, (2016). Impact of seaweed liquid fertilizers on productivity of blackgram [Vignamungo (L.) Hepper]. International journal of Current Research in Biosciences and Plant Biology. 3: 88- 92.
- Safiullah, K., Durani, A., Durrani, H. and Ansari, M.A. (2018). Effect of solid and liquid organic manures on growth, yield and economics of sweet corn (Zea mays L. Var. Saccharata Sturt) under south Gujarat condition. International Journal of Pure and Applied Bioscience. 6: 567-574.
- Saranraj, T. and Imayavaramban, V. (2015), Effect of liquid organic manures on growth attributes and nutrient uptake of rice (Oryza sativa). Trends in bioscience. 8: 1216-1219.
- Shah et al (2014) - In the article shah et al (2013) has been wrongly mentioned as Shah et al (2014). So I am requesting you to kindly change it to Shah et al (2013).
- Shah, M.T., Zodape, S.T., Chaudhary, D.R., Eswaran, K. and Chikara, J. (2013). Seaweed sap as an alternative liquid fertilizer for yield and quality improvement of wheat. Journal of plant Nutrition. 36: 192-200.
- Siddappa (2015) - Siddappa (2015). Use of jeevamrutha and farm yard manure on growth and yield of fieldbean (Lablab purpureus var. lignosus) (Doctoral dissertation, University of Agricultural Sciences GKVK, Bengaluru).
- Somasundaram, E. (2003). Evaluation of organic sources of nutrients and panchagavya spray on the growth and productivity of maize sunflower-green gram system. Ph. D thesis. Tamil Nadu Agric. Univ., Coimbatore, India.
- Somasundaram, E. and Amanullah, M.M. (2007). Panchagavya on growth and productivity of crops: A review. Green Farming. 1: 22-6.
- Somasundaram, E. and Singaram, P. (2006). Modified panchagavya for sustainable organic crop production. Proc. Nation. Seminar. Stand. Tech. Non-conven. Org. Inputs, TNAU, Coimbatore.
- Somasundram, E. Sankaran, N. and Thigarajan, T.M. (2004). Modified panchagavya for better yield. www.Hinud.com/ seta/2004/02/12.
- Sreenivasa, M.N., Nagaraj, N. and Bhat, S.N. (2009). Beejamruth: A source for beneficial bacteria, Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 22: 1038-1040.
- Sunarpi, S., Jupri, A., Kurnianingsih, R., Julisaniah, N.I. and Nikmatullah, A. (2010). Effect of seaweed extracts on growth and yield of rice plants. Nusantara Bioscience. 2.
- Sutar, R., Sujith, G.M. and Devakumar, N. (2019). Growth and yield of Cowpea [Vigna unguiculata (L.) Walp] as influenced by jeevamruth and panchagavya application. Legume Research: An International Journal. 42.
- Tamilkodi, R. and Victoria, J. (2018). Liquid Microbial Biofertilizers (LMF) for enhancing soil fertility. International Journal of Trend in Scientific Research and Development. 2456-6470
- Tharmaraj, K., Ganesh, P., Kolanjinathan, K., Suresh Kumar, R. and Anandan, A. (2011). Influence of vermicompost and vermiwash on physicochemical properties of rice cultivated soil. Current Botany.
- Thirumeninathan, S., Tamilnayagan, T., Rajeshkumar, A. and Ramadass, S. (2017). Response of panchagavya foliar spray on growth, yield and economics of Fodder cowpea (Vigna unguiculata L.). 5: 1604-1606.
- Trimurtulu, N. and Rao, D.L.N. (2014). Liquid microbial inoculants and their efficacy on field crops. AINP on Soil Biodiversity and Biofertilizers Bulletin, ANGRAU. Agricultural Research Station, Amaravathi andhra Pradesh. 54.
- Upadhyay, P.K., Sen, A., Prasad, S.K., Singh, Y., Srivastava, J.P., Singh, S.P. and Singh, R.K. (2018). Effect of panchagavya and recommended dose of fertilizers on growth, nutrient content and productivity of transplanted rice (Oryza sativa) under middle Gangetic plain of India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 88: 931-936.
- Vasanthkumar, H.H.A. (2006). Jeevamruth slurry preparation, SiriSamruddhi, pp. 4-5.
- Velmurugan, M. (2005). Studies on organic farming practices on growth, yield and quality of radish (Raphanus sativus L.) cv. Pusachetki. South Indian Hort. 53: 337-339.
- Verma, S., Singh, A., Pradhan, S.S., Singh, J.P. and Verma, S.K. (2018). Effects of organic formulations and synthetic fertilizer on the performance of pigeonpea in eastern region of Uttar Pradesh. Bangladesh Journal of Botany 47: 467-471.
- Vijakumari, B., Hiranmai, Y.R., Gowri, P. and Kandari, L.S. (2012). Effect of panchagavya, humic acid and micro herbal fertilizer on yield and post-harvest soil of soya bean (Glycine max L.). Asian Journal of Scientific information. 11: 83-86.
- Vimalendran, L. and Wahab, K. (2014). Influence of Panchagavya foliar spray on the growth attributes and yield of baby corn (Zea mays) cv. COBC 1. Journal of Applied and Natural Science. 6: 397-401.
- Xu et al (2001) - Xu, H.L., (2001). Effects of a microbial inoculant and organic fertilizers on the growth, photosynthesis and yield of sweet corn. Journal of Crop Production. 3: 183-214.
- Yadav, A.K., Kumar, K., Singh, S. and Sharma, M. (2005). Vermiwash A liquid biofertilizer, Uttar Pradesh. Journal of Zoology. 25: 97-99.
- Zhang, X., Ervin, E.H. and Schmidt, E.R. (2003). Plant growth regulators can enhance the recovery of Kentucky bluegrass sod from heat injury. Crop Science. 43: 952-956.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.