Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Rice residue management for rice based cropping system in Cauvery delta zone – A review
First Online 03-10-2018|
- Anonymous (2000). Rapid composting technique for rice straw. The Hindu. Online Edition.
- Amamsiri, S.L. and Wickramasinghe, K. (1978). Use of rice straw as fertilizer material. Central Agricultural Research University, 1-9.
- Bhattacharjee, B., Saha, N., Debnath, A., Sen, S., Roy, S.S., and Mukherjee, D (2013). In situ Management of Rice Stubble in Relation to soil Nitrogen Status Vis-à-Vis Performance of Wheat Crop in an Entisol. American-Eurasian Journal of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences, 13 (7): 943-956.
- Collins, H.P., Rasmussen, P E. and Dougles, C. L. (1994). Crop rotation and residue management effects on soil carbon and microbial dynamics. Soil Science Society of America Journal, 56: 783-788.
- Devi, S., Sharma, C.R. and Singh, K. (2012). Microbiological biodiversity in poultry and paddy straw wastes in composting systems. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology, 43(1), 288-296.
- Dobermann, A. and Fairhurst, T.H. (2002). Rice straw management. Better Crops International, 16:7-11.
- Dobermann, A. and Fairhurst, T.H. (2000). Rice: Nutrient Disorders & Nutrient management. Potash & Phosphate Institute (PPI), Potash & Phosphate Institute of Canada (PPIC) and International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), East & South Asia Programs of PPI and PPIC, Singapore.
- Dobermann, A. and Witt, C. (2000). The potential impact of crop intensification on carbon and nitrogen cycling in intensive rice systems. In “Carbon and Nitrogen Dynamics in Flooded Soils”. [G. J. D. Kirk and D. C. Olk, Eds]. 1-25.
- Drake, J., Nader, D.G. and Forero, L. (2002). Feeding rice straw to cattle. ANR Publications, 8079: 1-18.
- El-Shahawy1, T.A., El-rokiek, K.G., Sharara, F.A., and Khalaf, K.A. (2006). New approach to use rice straw waste for weed control I. Efficacy of rice straw extract against broad and narrow leaved weeds in Cucumber (Cucumis sativa L.). International Journal of Agriculture and Biology, 8(2): 262-268.
- El-Refaee, I.S. (2012). Effect of application of rice straw compost and NPK fertilizers under some irrigation regimes on grain yield and water productivity of EHR 1 hybrid rice cultivar. Journal of Plant Production, 3(3): 445-462.
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy resources. (2009). www.mnre.gov.in/related links/biomassresources.
- Mandal, K.G., Misra, A.K., Hati, K.M., Bandyopadhyay, K.K., Ghosh P.K., and Mohanty, M. (2004). Rice residue- management options and effects on soil properties and crop productivity. Food, Agriculture & Environment, 2(1) : 224-231.
- Paramasivan, C. and Pasupathi, R. (2016). An overview of Cauvery delta zone in Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Trend in Research and Development, 3(5): 399-403.
- Pathak, H., Singh, R., Bhatia, A., and Jain, N. (2006). Recycling of rice straw to improve wheat yield and soil fertility and reduce atmospheric pollution. Springer-verg, 4: 111. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10333-006-0038-6
- Rao, D.N. and Mikkelsen, D.S. (1976). Effect of rice straw incorporation on rice growth. Agronomy Journal, 68: 752-755.
- Sajnanath, K. and Sushama, P.K. (2004). Recycling of bio-waste through vermicomposting. Agrobios News Letter, 3(3): 33-35.
- Saini, M.K., Phutela., R.P. and Walia. U.S. (2014). Effect of straw management techniques and herbicides on soil microbes in wheat in rice- wheat system. Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 47(2): 130-136.
- Singh, B., Shan, Y.H., Beebout, S.E.J., Singh, Y. and Buresh, R.J. (2008). Crop residue management for lowland rice-based cropping systems in Asia. Advances in Agronomy, Elsevier, 98: 117-199.
- TNAU agritech portal. www.tnau.ac.in.
- Wallace, J.M. and Whitehead L.C. (1980). Adverse synergistic effects between acetic, propionic, butyric and valeric acids on the growth of wheat seedling roots. Soil Biology and Biochemistry, 12: 445-446.
- Watanabe, T., Man, L.H., Vien, D.M., and Ito, O. (2009). Effects of continuous rice straw compost application on rice yield and soil properties in the Mekong Delta. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition, 55: 754-763.
- Zhang, Y., Ghaly, A.E. and Li, B. (2012). Physical properties of rice residues as affected by variety and climatic and cultivation conditions in three continents. American Journal of Applied Science, 9(11): 1757-1768.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.