Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Total factor productivity in Indian agriculture: An exploratory analysis based on literature review
First Online 01-06-2018|
- Antonio Flavio Dias Avila, A. F., and Evenson, R. E. (2010). Total Factor Productivity Growth in Agriculture: The Role of Technological Capital. In R. Evenson, & P. Pingali, Handbook of Agricultural Economics (1 ed., Vol. 4, pp. 3769-3822). Elsevier.
- Chand, R., Kumar, P., and Kumar, S. (2012, July-December). Total Factor Productivity and Returns to Public Investment on Agricultural Research in India. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 25(2), 181-194.
- Creamer, D. (1972). Measuring Capital Input for Total Factor Productivity analysis: Comments by a sometime Estimator. The Review of Income and Wealth, 18, 55-78.
- Daly, D. J. (1972). Combining inputs to secure a measure of Total Factor Inputs. The Review of Income and Wealth, 18, 27-53.
- Das, D. K., Erumban, A. A., Aggarwal, S., and Das, P. C. (2015). Measuring Productivity at the Industry Level: THE INDIA KLEMS DATABASE. Data Manual, Version 2.
- Desai, B. M., and Namboodiri, N. V. (1997, December). Determinants of Total Factor Productivity in Indian Agriculture. Economic and Political Weekly, 165-171.
- Dev, M. S. (2012, January). Policies for Raising Agricultural Growth and Productivity in India. IGIDR Proceedings/Projects Series.
- Dholakia, R. H., and Dholakia, B. H. (1993, January-June). Growth of Total Factor Productivity in Indian Agriculture. Indian Economic Review, 28(1), 25-40.
- Kalirajan, K., and Shand, R. (1997). Sources of Output Growth in Indian Agriculture. Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, 52(4), 693-706.
- Kalirajan, K., Obwona, M., and Zhao, S. (1996). A Decomposition of Total Factor Productivity Growth: The Case of Chinese Agricultural Growth Before and After Reforms. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 78(2), 331-338.
- Kannan, E. (2011). Total Factor Productivity Growth and Its Determinants in Karnataka Agriculture. ISEC Working Paper 265, 1-19.
- Krishna, K. L., Erumban, A. A., Das, D. K., Aggarwal, S., and Das, P. C. (2017). Industry Origins of Economic Growth and Structural Change in India. Delhi School of Economics Working Paper No. 273, Centre for Development Economics.
- Kumar, P., and Mittal, S. (2006). Agricultural Productivity Trends in India: Sustainability Issues. Agricultural Economics Research Review, 19, 71-88.
- O’Mahony, M., and Timmer, M. (2009). Output, Input and Productivity Measures at the Industry Level: The EU KLEMS Database. The Economic Journal, 119(538), 374-403.
- Reddy, A. A. (2012, July-August). Sources of Agricultural Productivity Growth in Orissa: A District level analysis. The Journal of Income and Wealth, 34(2).
- Rosegrant, M. W., and Evenson, R. E. (1992, August). Agricultural Productivity and Sources of Growth in South Asia. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 74(3), 757-761.
- Rosegrant, M. W., and Evenson, R. E. (1995, April). Total Factor Productivity and Sources of Long term growth in Indian Agriculture. Environment and Production Technology Division Discussion Paper No. 7, IFPRI.
- Rymes, T. K. (1972). The Measurement of Capital and Total Factor Productivity in the context of the Cambridge theory of Capital. The Review of Income and Wealth, 18, 79-108.
- Saikia, D. (2014). Total Factor Productivity in Agriculture: A Review of Measurement Issues in the Indian context. Romanian Journal of Regional Science, 8(2), 45-61.
- Solow, R. M. (1957, August). Technical Change and the Aggregate Production Function. The Review of Economics and Statistics, 39(No. 3), 312-320.
- Strassner, E. H., Medeiros, G. W., and Smith, G. M. (2005). Annual Industry Accounts: Introducing KLEMS Input Estimates for 1997– 2003. Survey of Current Business, 85, 31-65.
- Tripathi, A. (2008, January). Total Factor Productivity Growth in Indian Agriculture. Retrieved from http://works.bepress.com/ amarnath_tripathi/2 Unpublished). India.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.