- Datir, R.P., Adil, S. and Sahare, A.S. (2018). Pearlmillet: boon in mineral deficiency: A review. Agricultural Reviews. 39: 327-332.
- Dias-Martins, A.M., Pessanha, K.L.F., Pacheco, S., Rodrigues, J.A.S. and Carvalho, C.W.P. (2018). Potential use of pearl millet [Pennisetum glaucum (L.) R. Br.] in Brazil: Food security, processing, health benefits and nutritional products. Food Research International. 109: 175-186. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodres.2018.04.023.
- Dudeja, P. and Singh, A. (2017). Food safety in modern society-changing trends of food production and consumption. Food Safety in the 21st Century: Public Health Perspective. 83-88. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-801773-9.00007-8.
- Embashu, W. and Nantanga, K.M.M. (2019). Pearlmillet grain: A mini-review of the milling, fermentation and brewing of ontaku, a non-alcoholic traditional beverage in Namibia. Transactions of the Royal Society of South Africa. 74: 276-282
- Gopalan, C., Rama Shastri, B. and Balasubramanian, S. (2016). Nutritive value of Indian Foods. National Institute of Nutrition, India pp 161.
- Gwamba, J., Kruger, J. and Taylor, J.R.N. (2019). Influence of grain quality characteristics and basic processing technologies on the mineral and antinutrient contents of iron and zinc biofortified open-pollinated variety and hybrid-type pearl millet. International Journal of Food Science and Technology. 55(4): 1547-158. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijfs.14375.
- Hulse, J.H., Laing, E.M. and Pearson, O.E. (1980). Sorghum and the Millets: Their Composition and Nutritive Value. London: Academic Press.
- Jiri, O., Mafongoya, P.L. and Chivenge, P. (2017). Climate smart crops for food and nutritional security for semi-arid zones of Zimbabwe. African Journal of Food, Agriculture, Nutrition and Development. 17: 12280-12294. https://doi.org/10.18697/ajfand.79.16285.
- Krishnan, R. and Meera, M.S. (2018). Pearl millet minerals: effect of processing on bioaccessibility. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 55: 3362-3372. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-018-3305-9.
- Ndiaye, C. (2018). Quality and Nutritional Impacts of Extrusion on Pearl Millet and Nutrient Dense Native Plant Blends. Thesis and Dissertations Available from ProQuest. https:// docs.lib.purdue.edu/dissertations/AAI10748281.
- Ramashia, S.E., Anyasi, T.A., Gwata, E.T., Meddows-Taylor, S. and Jideani, A.I.O. (2019). Processing, nutritional composition and health benefits of finger millet sub-Saharan Africa. Food Science and Technology. 39: 253-266. https://doi.org/10.1590/fst.25017.
- Rani, S., Singh, R., Sehrawat, R., Kaur, B.P. and Upadhyay, A. (2018). Pearl Millet Processing: A Review. In: Nutrition and Food Science, Emerald Group Publishing Ltd. 48(1): 30-44. https://doi.org/10.1108/NFS-042017-0070.
- Rana, N. and Dahiya, S. (2019). Antioxidant activity, mineral content and dietary fibre of grains. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 38: 81-84.
- Saleh, A.S.M., Zhang, Q., Chen, J. and Shen, Q. (2013). Millet grains: Nutritional quality, processing and potential health benefits. Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety. 12: 281-295.https://doi.org/10.1111/1541-4337.12012.
- Serba, D.D., Perumal, R., Tesso, T.T. and Min, D. (2017). Status of global pearl millet breeding programs and the way forward. Crop Science. 12: 2891-2905. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci2016.11.0936.
- Satankar, M., Patil, A.K., Kautkar, S. and Kumar, U. (2020). Pearl millet: A fundamental review on underutilized source of nutrition. Multilogic Science X. Issue XXXIV.
- Serba, D.D. and Yadav, R.S. (2016). Genomic tools in pearl millet breeding for drought tolerance: status and prospects. Frontiers in Plant Science. 22. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2016.01724.
- Singh, A., Aggarwal, N., Aulakh, G.S. and Hundal, R.K. (2012). Ways to maximize the water use efficiency in field crops- A review. Greener Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 2: 108-129.
- Singh, A., Gupta, S., Kaur, R. and Gupta, H.R. (2017). Process optimization for anti-nutrient minimization of millets. Asian Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 36: 322-326.
- Suma, F. and Urooj, A. (2017). Impact of household processing methods on the nutritional characteristics of pearl millet (Pennisetum typhoideum): A Review. MOJ Food Processing and Technology. 4: 28-32. https://doi.org/10.15406/mojfpt.2017.04.00082.
- Sridevi, B.V., Nirmala, B., Hanchinal, R.R. and Basarkar, P.W. (2011). Antioxidant contents of whole grain cereals, millets and their milled fractions. Journal of Dairy and Food Research. 30: 191-196.
- Tadele, Z. (2018). African Orphan Crops under Abiotic Stresses: Challenges and Opportunities. Scientifica. 2018. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/1451894.
- Tito, R., Vasconcelos, H.L. and Feeley, K.J. (2018). Global climate change increases risk of crop yield losses and food insecurity in the tropical Andes. Global Change Biology. 24: 592-602. https://doi.org/10.1111/gcb.13959.
- Upadhyaya, H.D. and Vetriventhan, M. (2018). Underutilized climate- smart nutrient rich small millets for food and nutritional security. Regional Expert Consultation on Underutilized Crops for Food and Nutritional Security in Asia and the Pacific - Thematic, Strategic Papers and Country Status Reports.
- Varshney, R.K., Shi, C., Thudi, M., Mariac, C., Wallace, J., Qi, P., Zhang, H. et al. (2017). Pearl millet genome sequence provides a resource to improve agronomic traits in arid environments. Nature Biotechnology. 35: 969-976. https://doi.org/10.1038/nbt.3943.
- Vinoth, A. and Ravindhran, R. (2017). Biofortification in millets: A sustainable approach for nutritional security. Frontiers in Plant Science. 8: 29. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2017. 00029.
- Wang, J., Vanga, S., Saxena, R., Orsat, V. and Raghavan, V. (2018). Effect of climate change on the yield of cereal crops: A review. Climate. 6: 41.https://doi.org/10.3390/cli6020041.
Submitted Date : 16-09-2020
Accepted Date : 5-01-2021