Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Doubling the farm income through the promoting of pigeonpea based intercropping system: A review
First Online 05-09-2017|
- Ahmed, S. (1991). Effect of planting pattern on pigeonpea + groundnut intercropping systems in drylands. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 36: 351-353.
- Anonymous (2013). Project Co-ordinators Report. All India Co-ordinated Research Project on Pigeonpea, IIPR, Kanpur, pp. 18.
- Behara, B.D., Mishra, D.D., Singh, G.S., Mohapatra, P.K., Alim, A. and Senapathi, P.C. (1996). Prospect of vegetable crops in pigeonpea based intercropping systems in rainfed lateritic soils of Orissa. Indian Journal of Dryland Agricultural Research Development, 11: 65-68.
- Bhagat, R.P. (2002). Intercropping of pigeonpea and maize under rainfed condition. Journal of Research, 14: 233-235.
- Chaudhary, S.K. and Thakur, S.K. (2005). Productivity of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) based intercrops. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 75: 496-497.
- Dayal, R., Singh, G. and Sharma, R.C. (1987). Growing of legume and cereal mixture under dry farming conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 12: 126-131.
- Dubey, O.P., Garg, D.C., Dixit, J.P. and Tiwari, K.P. (1991). Intercropping in short duration pigeonpea. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 36: 253-254.
- Dwivedi, R.K. and Bajpai, R.P. (1997). Productivity of pigeonpea based cropping systems in Northern Hills Zone of Chattisgarh. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 42: 50-52.
- Guljaev, E.T. and Rousel, G.A. (1963). The effect of root secretions of annual legumes on the life process of maize when these plants were grown together. Field Crop Abstract, 18: 1163.
- Hauggaard-Nielsen, H., Jørnsgaard, B., Kinane, J. and Jensen, R.S. (2008). Grain legume-cereal intercropping: The practical application of diversity, competition and facilitation in arable and organic cropping systems. Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems, 23:3-12.
- Jat, H.S. and Ahlawat, I.P.S. (2004). Production potential and economic viability of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) + groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) intercropping in Indo-Gangetic plains. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 74: 126-129.
- Kathmale, D.K., Dhadge, S.M., Satpute, N.R., Patil, S.V., Ravindra, G.C., Rao, C.S., Jadhav, J.D. and Kadam, J.R. (2014). Evaluation of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan L.) based intercropping systems under semi-arid vertisol in scarcity zone of Maharashtra. Indian Journal of Dryland Agricultural Research Development, 29: 27-34.
- Kaur, R., Raj, R., Das, T.K., Shekhawat, K., Singh, R. and Choudhary, A.K. (2015). Weed management in pigeonpea-based cropping systems. Indian Journal of Weed Science, 47: 267-276.
- Kulhare, P.S. and Tiwari, K.P. (1989). Effect of intercropping and post monsoon irrigation on grain quality of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) in vertisols. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 59: 781-785.
- Kumar, A. and Rana, K.S. (2007). Performance of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) + greengram (Phaseolus radiatus) intercropping system as influenced by moisture – conservation practices and fertility level under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 52: 31-35.
- Kumar, S., Singh, R.C. and Kadian, V.S. (2003). Performance of mungbean as influenced by seed inoculation with Rhizobium and level of organic and inorganic sources of nutrients. Indian Journal of. Pulses Research, 16: 67-68.
- Kumar, S., Verma, K.P., Ram, S. and Singh, B.P. (2005). Performance of different intercrops with pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) under rainfed condition in central plain zone of U.P. Plant Archive, 5: 153-157.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R.P. and Kumar R. (2013b). Productivity, economics and water use efficiency of rainfed pigeonpea + black gram intercropping as influenced by integrated nutrient management. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation, 41: 170-176.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R.P., Kumar, R. and Hari, Om. (2013a). Effect of integrated nutrient management on the performance of sole and intercropped pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 58: 309-315.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R.P., Kumar, R., Kumari, A. and Kumar, P. (2012). Response of intercropping and integrated nutrition on production potential and profitability on rainfed pigeonpea. Journal of Agricultural Science, 4: 154-162.
- Kumawat, N., Singh, R.P., Kumar, R., Yadav, T.P. and Hari, Om. (2015). Effect of integrated nutrient management on productivity, nutrient uptake and economics of rainfed pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) and blackgram (Vigna mungo) intercropping system. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 85: 171-176.
- Malla Reddy, M., Padmaja, B., Malathi, S. and Jalapathi Rao, L. (2007). Productivity of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) based intercropping systems as influenced by fertility and pest management practices under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 77: 205-207.
- Mishra, J.P. and Ali, M. (1998). Fertilizer management and spatial arrangement in pigeonpea/sorghum intercropping under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Pulse Research, 11: 90-92.
- Morris, R.A., Garrity, D.P. (1993). Resource capture and utilization in intercropping: non-nitrogen nutrients. Field Crops Research, 34: 319-334.
- Mula, M.G. and Saxena, K.B. (2010). Lifting the Level of Awareness on Pigeonpea - A Global Perspective. International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics, Patancheru.
- Muthuvel, P., Subramanian, V., Robinson, J.G. and Ravikumar, V. (1984). Soil fertility and crop yield under bajra-pulse intercropping systems. The Madras Agricultural Journal, 71: 623-624.
- Nagar, R.K., Goud, V.V., Kumar, R. and Kumar, R. (2015). Effect of incorporation of FYM, pigeonpea stalk, phosphocompost on growth, yield and nutrient uptake in pigeonpea based intercropping system. The Bioscan, 10: 339-343.
- Nagar, R.K., Goud, V.V., Kumar, R. and Kumar, R. (2016). Effect of organic manures and crop residue management on physical, chemical and biological properties of soil under pigeonpea based intercropping system. International Journal of Farm Science, 6: 101-113.
- Nandhini, D.U., Vimalendran, L., Latha, K.R., Sangamithra, S. and Kalaiyarasan, V. (2015). A review on biological advantages of pigeonpea intercropping influenced by different cropping geometries. International Journal Agricultural Science Research, 5: 103-112.
- Naraian, P., Verma, B. and Sighal, A.K. (1980). Nitrogen economics through intercropping of pigeonpea in rainfed sorghum. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 25: 190-196.
- Nimje, P.M. (1995). Effect of spatial arrangement and phosphorus fertilization in pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) – soybean (Glycine max) intercropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 40: 380-385.
- Nulik, J., Dalgliesh, N., Cox, K. and Gabb, S. (2013). Integrating herbaceous legumes into crop and livestock systems in eastern Indonesia. Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), Canberra, Australia.
- Omprakash and Bhushan, L.S. (2000). Productivity and economics of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) and castor (Ricinus communis) based intercropping systems. Indian Journal of Soil Conservation, 28: 147-150.
- Pal, A.K., Singh, R.S., Shukla, U.N. and Singh, S. (2016). Growth and production potential of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan L.) as influenced by intercropping and integrated nutrient management. Journal of Applied and Natural Sciences, 8: 179 -183.
- Pandey, R.K. (1980). Growth, development and yield physiology of pigeonpea. Proceeding of International Workshop of Pigeonpea. ICRISAT, Centre, Patancheru, Hyderabad, India, pp. 15-19.
- Prakash, V., Kundu, S. and Srivastva, A.K. (2005). Production potential and monetary returns of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) + groundnut (Arachis hypogaea) intercropping under rainfed conditions in mid-hills of north-western Himalayas. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 75: 797-799.
- Prasad, K. and Srivastav, V.C. (1991). Pigeonpea and soybean intercropping systems under rainfed situation. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 61: 243-246.
- Prasad, K. and Yadav, C.B. (2001). Intercropping studies of pigeonpea and soybean with varying phosphorus doses under rainfed conditions of central Uttar Pradesh. Crop Research, 21: 290-294.
- Rai, C.L., Tiwari, R.K., Sirothia, P., Pandey, S. and Jaiswal, S. (2015). Efficacy of herbicides on productivity and economics of pigeonpea based intercropping systems. JNKVV Research Journal, 49: 32-36.
- Ram, S., Kamta, P. and Sharma, G.C. (2000). Production potential and economics of maize (Zea mays) and pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) – based cropping systems. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 45: 236-241.
- Rana, K.S. and Pal, M. (1997). Productivity and water use in pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan)-based intercropping systems as affected by weed control in rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 42: 576-580.
- Rana, K.S., Mahendra, P. and Rana, D.S. (1999). Nutrient depletion by pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) and weeds as influenced by intercropping systems and weed management under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 44: 267-270.
- Rao, S.S., Regar, P.L. Jangid, B.L. and Chand, K. (2009). Productivity and economics of sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) and greengram (Phaseolus radiata) intercropping system as affected by row ratio and nitrogen in arid fringes. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 79: 101-105.
- Reddy, G.S. and Havanagi, G.V. (1991). Effect of time and planting patterns on nutrient uptake in pigeonpea/finger millet intercropping system. Legume Research, 14: 37-44.
- Rekha, M.S. and Dhurua, S. (2009). Productivity of pigeonpea + soybean intercropping system as influenced by planting patterns and duration of pigeonpea varieties under rainfed conditions. Legume Research, 32: 51-54.
- Sharma, A., Rathod, P.S., Chavan and Dharmaraj (2010). Crop residue management in pigeonpea-based intercropping systems under rainfed conditions. Indian Journal of Dryland Agricultural Research and Development, 25: 47-52.
- Sharma, A., Rathod, P.S., Dharmaraj, P.S. and Chavan, M. (2012). Response of pigeonpea to biofertilizers in pigeonpea based intercropping systems under rainfed conditions. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 25: 322-325.
- Sharma, P.B., Raghuwanshi, P.S. and Ambawatia, G.R. (1998). Intercropping sesame with pigeonpea under varying sowing dates. Journal of Oilseeds Research, 15: 58-63.
- Shivran, P.L. and Ahlawat, I.P.S. (2000). Effect of cropping systems and fertilizers on pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) and wheat (Triticum aestivum) in pigeonpea – wheat sequence. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 45: 669-676.
- Singh, A., Singh, V.K., Chandra, R. and Srivastava, P.C. (2012). Effect of integrated nutrient management on pigeonpea-based intercropping system and soil properties in mollisols of the Tarai region. Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science, 60: 38-44.
- Singh, R.A. and Singh, A.K. (1994). Comparative performance of different intercropping systems with pigeonpea under rainfed conditions of Vindhya region. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 39: 613-615.
- Singh, R.C. and Faroda, A.S. (1986). Effect of cropping system and phosphorus on nodulation in pigeonpea and soil fertility. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 31: 203-204.
- Singh, R.S. and Rahman, A. (1999). Economic feasibility of pigeonpea based intercropping systems in Chotanagpur plateau. Journal of Research, 11: 27-30.
- Singh, T. and Pal, M. (2003). Growth parameters, yield attributes and yield of pigeonpea as influenced by cropping systems and Nitrogen + Phosphorus levels. Annals of Agricultural Research, 24: 755-759.
- Srichandan, S., Kumar, A. and Mangaraj (2015). Growth, yield and yield attributes of pigeon pea in rainfed uplands of western central table land zone of Odisha. International Journal for Research and Agriculture Forestry, 2: 10-13.
- Srinivasulu, K., Singh, R.P. and Madhavi, K. (2000). Performance of rainfed pigeonpea based intercropping systems under varying planting patterns. Crop Research, 20: 56-61.
- Tomar, J., Singh, H.B., Vivek and Tripathi, S.S. (2004). Integrated weed management in intercropping of mungbean (Vigna radiata) and cowpea fodder (Vigna unguiculata) with pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) under western U.P. condition. Indian Journal of Weed Science, 36: 133-134.
- Tuti, M.D., Mahanta, D., Bhattacharyya, R., Pandey, B.M., Bisht, J.K. and Bhatt, J.C. (2013). Productivity, economics and energetics of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan)-based cropping systems in mid-hills of north–west Himalaya. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 58: 303-308.
- Verma, K.P. (2001). Effect of planting pattern and intercrop on yield and economics of pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) based intercropping system. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 46: 616-620.
- Verma, S.S., Joshi, Y.P. and Saxena, S.C. (2005). Effect of row ratio of fodder sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) in pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan) intercropping system on productivity, competition functions and economics under rainfed conditions of north India. Indian Journal of Agronomy, 50: 123-125.
- Willey, R.W. (1979). Intercropping - its importance and research needs. I. Competition and yield advantage. Field Crops Abstract, 32: 1-10.
- Yadav, A., Khajanchi, S.N., Saru, R.M. and Shirvastava, G.K. (2005). Effect of urdbean (Phaseolus mungo L.) genotypes under intercropping system with pigeonpea (Cajanus cajan L.) on economics and energetic in vertisols of Chhattisgarh plains. Environment and Ecology, 23S: 417-420.
- Yadav, D.S. and Yadav, H.L. (1981). Studies on parallel cropping of different leguminous and non leguminous crops with short duration pigeonpea. Pulse Crop Newsletter, 1: 52.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.