Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Quality management and post harvest processing in citrus-A review
First Online 06-03-2018|
- Ahire, Sanjay L., Damodar, Y. Golhar, and Matthew, A. Waller (1996). Development and Validation of TQM Implementation Constructs. Decision Sciences 27 (1): 23–56.
- Ahmet,E. O., Elif, E. C., Celil,T., Mustafa,K., Ercan,Y. and Ceren, I. (2009). The effects of hot water treatments on chilling injury and cold storage of fuyu persimmons. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 4 (10): 1058 – 1063.
- Ana B.E.T. and Juan C. B. L. (2005). A Model for evaluating organizational competencies: An Application in the Context of a Quality Management Initiative. Decision Sciences. 36 (2): 221-257.
- Andrea, B., Daniel, E. V., Ana, M. S., Fernando, J. C. and Norma, A. P. (2005). Effect of commercial conditioning and cold quarantine storage treatments on fruit quality of ‘Rouge La Toma’ grapefruit (Citrus paradise Macf). Postharvest Biology and Technology. 35 : 167–176.
- Angelique, A., Van, W., Marius, H., and Graham, H. B. (2009). Extended low-temperature shipping adversely affects rind colour of ‘Palmer Navel’ sweet orange [Citrus sinensis(L.) Osb.] due to carotenoid degradation but can partially be mitigated by optimizing post-shipping holding temperature.” Postharvest Biology and Technology. 53: 109–116.
- APCoAB (Asia-Pacific Consortium on Agricultural Biotechnology),(2010). Proceedings of Expert Consultation Meeting on Postharvest and Value Addition of Horticultural Produce ‘Strengthening Technologies for Linking Farmers to Market’ 29 Nov. to 2 Dec. 2010, Malaysia.
- Aquino, S. D., Cocco, A., Ortu, S. and Schirra, M. (2011). Effects of kaolin-based particle film to control Ceratitiscapitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) infestations and postharvest decay in citrus and stone fruit. Crop Protection. 30 : 1-8
- Augusti, M., Martinez, Fuentes, and Mesejo, C. (2002). Citrus fruit quality physiological basis and techniques of improvement. Agrocienacia. 4 (2): 1-6.
- Aung, M. M. and Chang, Y. S. (2014). Temperature management for the quality assurance of a perishable food supply chain.Food Control.40: 198-207.
- Baidoun, S. (2003). An Empirical Study of Critical Factors of TQM in Palestinian Organizations. Logistics Information Management. 16 (2): 156–171.
- Barrett, D.M., Somogyi, L and Ramaswamy, H. (2005). Processing fruits: Science and Technology 2 ed. CRC Press.
- Beer, M. (2003). Why Total Quality Management Programs Do Not Persist: The Role of Management Quality and Implications for Leading a TQM Transformation. Decision Sciences. 34 (4): 623–642.
- Bessant, J., Bumell, J., Harding, R. and Webb, S. (1992). Helping industry towards continuous improvement, Industry and Higher Education.6 ( 3) : 185-9.
- Black, S. A. and Porter, L. J. (1996). Identification of the critical factors of TQM. Decision Sciences. 27(1): 1–21.
- Blasco, J.,Aleixos, N., Go´mez, J., and Molto, E.(2007). Citrus sorting by identification of the most common defects using multispectral computer vision. Journal of Food Engineering. 83 : 384–393.
- Chen, S. and Nussinovitch, A. (2001). Permeability and roughness determinations of wax-hydrocolloid coatings, and their limitations in determining citrus fruit overall quality. Food Hydrocolloids. 15:127-137.
- Choi, T. Y., and Karen E. (1998). The TQM Paradox: Relations among TQM Practices, Plant Performance, and Customer Satisfaction. Journal of Operations Management. 17 (1): 59–75.
- Claver, E., Juan, Jose T. and José, F. M. (2003). Critical Factors and Results of Quality Management: An Empirical Study. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence.14 (1): 91–118.
- Corbett, L. and Rastrick, K. (2000). Quality performance and organizational culture. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 17(1), 14–26.
- Daneil, R.1961. Management data crisis, Harvard business Review, Sept-Oct., 111-12.
- Danielly, F.A. and Adiel, A. F. (2012). A MCDA Application for selecting which Brazilian fruits are best suited to Future Contracts. IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, October 14-17, 2012, COEX, Seoul, Korea.
- David, O., Sue, C., Bruce, M., James, S., Mary, L. A. (2011): Storage temperature and time influences sensory quality of mandarins by altering soluble solids, acidity and aroma volatile composition. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 59: 187–193.
- Demirbag, Mehmet, EkremTatoglu, Mehmet Tekinkus, and SelimZaim,(2006). An analysis of the relationship between TQM implementation and organizational performance: evidence from Turkish SMEs. Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management 17 (6): 829–847.
- Dhall, R.K. Sharma S.R. and Mahajan B.V.C. (2014). Development of post harvest protocol of okra for export marketing. Journal of food science and technology. 51(8):1622-1625
- Ebrahimi, M., and Mehran S. (2014). Quality management and performance: An annotated review. International Journal of Production Research. 51 (18): 5625–5643.
- Eckes.(2000). The Six Sigma Revolution, Jhon Wiley and Sons, New York, NY
- Feng, M., Terziovski, M. and Samson, D.(2008).”Relationship of ISO9001:2000 quality system certification with operational and business performance”, Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management. 19(1): 22-37.
- Fotopoulos, C. B. and Psomas, E. L. (2009). The impact of ‘‘soft’’ and ‘‘hard’’ TQM elements on quality management results. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 26: 150–163.
- Frederick C..(1994). Benchmarking: Preventive maintenance Practices at Japanese Transplants, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 11( 8): 19-26.
- Graham, H. B., Angelique A. Van W. (2006). Low-temperature cold shock may induce rind colour development of ‘Nules Clementine’ mandarin (Citrus reticulata Blanco) fruit. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 40: 82–88.
- Henriod, R.E. (2006): Postharvest characteristics of navel oranges following high humidity and low temperature storage and transport. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 42 , 57–64.
- Hietschold N., Reinhardt R. and Gurtner S. (2014). Measuring critical success factors of TQM implementation successfully – a systematic literature review. International Journal of Production Research. 52(21): 6254–6272.
- Ho, Samuel K. (1997). Are ISO 9000 and TQM Routes for Logistics Excellence?. Logistics Information Management .10 (6): 275–283.
- Idris, M. A., and Zairi, M. (2006). Sustaining TQM: a synthesis of literature and proposed research framework. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence.17(9): 1245-1260.
- Ismail M, Zhang J.(2004). Post-harvest diseases and their control. Outlook Pest Management. 2:29-35
- Jiuxu Z., Timmer L.W.. (2007). Pre-harvest application of fungicides for postharvest disease control on early season tangerine hybrids in Florida. Crop Protection. 26: 886–893.
- José, A. Cayuelaa, Carlos Weilandb (2010): Intact orange quality prediction with two portable NIR spectrometers. Postharvest Biology and Technology.58: 113–120.
- Judith A. Abbott (1999): Quality measurement of fruits and vegetables. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 15: 207–225.
- Kader, A.A., and Arpaia, M.L. (2002). Postharvest handling systems of subtropical crops. In: Postharvest Technology of Horticultural crops, 3 ed. [A. A. Kader], University of California, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Publication 3311.
- Karuppusami, G., and Gandhinathan. R. (2006). Pareto analysis of critical success factors of total quality management: a literature review and Analysis. The TQM Magazine. 18 (4): 372–385.
- Kirezieva, Klementina.,Luning, Pieternel A., Jacxsens, Liesbeth., Allende, Ana., Johannessen, Gro S., Tondo, Eduardo César., Rajkovic, Andreja., Uyttendaele, Mieke., Boekel, Martinus A.J.S. van (2015), “Factors affecting the status of food safety management systems in the global fresh produce chain”, Food Control.52: 85-97.
- Kumar, Ashok, Shukla, Ravindra, Singh, Priyanka, Prasad, Chandra Shekhar and Dubey, Nawal Kishore. (2008). Assessment of Thymus vulgaris L. essential oil as a safe botanical preservative against post harvest fungal infestation of food commodities. Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies. 9: 575–580.
- Ladaniya, M.S., (2008). Citrus Fruit: Citrus Biology, Technology and Evaluation. 79-417.
- Lakhal, Lassâad, Federico Pasin, and Mohamed Limam. (2006). Quality management practices and their impact on performance. International Journal of Quality and Reliability management. 23 (6): 625–646.
- Lamuka, P.O. (2014). public health measures: challenges of developing countries in management of food safety encyclopedia of Food Safety. 4: 20-26.
- Le Roux, C.E., Van Der Laan, M. and Gush, M.( 2015). Agricultural water management: Water footprints - The story of our fruit and vegetables. Water Wheel/ South African Water Research Commission. 14(2-1): 22-26.
- Leea W.S. Alchanatisb V., C. Yangc,, M. Hirafujid,, D. and Moshoue,, C. Lif,( 2010). Sensing technologies for precision specialty crop production. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture.74: 2–33.
- Mehra, Satish, Joyce M. Hoffman, and Danilo Sirias. (2001). TQM as a Management Strategy for the Next Millennia. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 21 (5/6): 855–876.
- Nair, Anand. (2006). Meta-analysis of the relationship between quality management practices and firm performance – implications for quality management theory development. Journal of Operations Management.24 (6): 948–975.
- Nkechi Eugenia, I. (2009). Quality improvement in a global competitive marketplace-success story from Nigeria. International Journal of Business and Management.5(1): 211.
- Oakland, J.S. (1993). Total Quality Management, Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford.
- Po-Jung Chien ,Fuu Sheu , Hung-Ren Lin (2007). Coating citrus (Murcotttangor) fruit with low molecular weight chitosan increases postharvest quality and shelf life. Food Chemistry. 100: 1160–1164.
- Prajogo .D.I and Sohal. A.S. (2006). The integration of TQM and technology/RandD management in determining quality and innovation performance, The International Journal of Management Science. 34: 296-312.
- Prajogo, D. I., and McDermott, C. M. (2005). The relationship between total quality management practices and organizational culture. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 25(11): 1101-1122.
- Prodromos, Chatzoglou., Dimitrios, Chatzoudes and Nikolaos, Kipraios (2015). The impact of ISO 9000 certification on firms financial performance. International Journal of Operations and Production Management. 35 (1):78-87
- Rad, Ali Mohammad Mosadegh. (2006). The impact of organizational culture on the successful implementation of total quality management. The TQM Magazine. 18 (6): 606–625.
- Ricoa. D. Martýn-Dianaa, A.B., Baratb, J.M. and Barry-Ryana, C. (2007). Extending and measuring the quality of fresh-cut fruit and vegetables: a review. Trends in Food Science and Technology. 18: 373-386.
- Robert E. Paull. (1999). Effect of temperature and relative humidity on fresh commodity quality. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 15: 263–277.
- Ron Porat, Batia Weiss, Lea Cohen, Avinoam Daus, Nehemia Aharoni (2004): Reduction of postharvest rind disorders in citrus fruit by modified atmosphere packaging. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 33: 35–43.
- Rong Zenga, Ashan Zhangc, Jinyin Chenc, Yongqi Fuc (2012): Postharvest quality and physiological responses of clove bud extract dip on ‘Newhall’ navel orange. ScientiaHorticulturea.38: 253–258.
- S.A. Brah, S.S.L. Tee and B.M. Rao.(2002). Relationship between TQM and performance of Singapore companies. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 19(4): 356-379.
- Salaheldin, Salaheldin Ismail. (2009). Critical Success Factors for TQM Implementation and Their Impact on Performance of SMEs. International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. 58 (3): 215–237.
- Salin, V. (1998). Information technology in agri-food supply chains. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review.1 (3): 329-34.
- Sandhya (2010): Modified atmosphere packaging of fresh produce: Current status and future needs. LWT - Food Science and Technology. 43: 381–392.
- Sarah Caffyn.(1999). Development of a continues improvement self assessment tool, International Journal of Production and Operations Management (IJOPM). 19(11): 1138-1153.
- Saraph, Jayant V., P. George Benson, and Roger G. Schroeder. (1989). An Instrument for Measuring the Critical Factors of Quality Management. Decision Sciences. 20 (4): 810–829.
- Saurav Negi and Neeraj Anand.(2015). International Journal of Managing Value and Supply Chains (IJMVSC). 6( 2).
- Seetharaman, A., Jayashree S. and Lim P. B. (2006). Critical Success Factors of Total quality management. Quality and Quantity. 40: 675–695. Agribusiness Management Review, 1 (3), 329-34.
- Sharma, R.R., Dinesh Singh, Rajbir Singh (2009). Biological control of postharvest diseases of fruits and vegetables by microbial antagonists: A review. Biological Control. 50: 205–221.
- Sila, Ismail, and Maling Ebrahimpour. (2002). An Investigation of the Total Quality Management Survey Based Research Published between 1989 and 2000: A Literature Review. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management . 19 (7): 902–970.
- Sila, Ismail, and Maling Ebrahimpour. (2003). Examination and comparison of the critical factors of total quality management (TQM) across Countries. International Journal of Production Research. 41 (2): 235–268.
- Sila, Ismail, and Maling Ebrahimpour. (2005). Critical Linkages among TQM Factors and Business Results. International Journal of Operations and Production Management 25 (11): 1123–1155.
- Simon Verlumun Irtwange. (2008). Postharvest biology and technology research and development initiatives for Nigeria. African Journal of Biotechnology. 7 (17): 2986-2992.
- Singh, Prakash J., and Alan Smith. (2006). An empirically validated quality management measurement instrument. Benchmarking- An International Journal. 13 (4):493–522.
- Soltani, Ebrahim, Pei-chun Lai, and Naser Shams Gharneh (2005). Breaking through Barriers to TQM Effectiveness: Lack of Commitment of Upper-level Management. Total Quality Management and Business Excellence. 16 (8–9): 1009–1021.
- Sonkar R.K, Sarnaik D.A, Dikshit S.N, Saroj P.L, Huchche .A.D. (2008). Post-harvest management of citrus fruits: A review. J Food Sci and Technol, , 45(3), 199–208
- Studman, C.J. (2001). Computers and electronics in postharvest technology — a review. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. 30 : 109–124.
- Su, Q., Li, Z., Zhang, S.X. and Liu, Y.Y. (2008). The impacts of quality management practices on business performance: An empirical investigation from China, International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 25(8): 89-823.
- Susan, Lurie, Tomislav Jemricb, Asya Weksler, Ruti Akiva and Yoav Gazit (2004): Heat treatment of ‘Oroblanco’ citrus fruit to control insect infestation. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 34:321–329.
- Tadhg Brosnan, Da-Wen Sun (2001). Pre-cooling techniques and applications for horticultural products - a review. International Journal of Refrigeration. 24: 154-170.
- Talib, Faisal, Zillur Rahman, and Qureshi. M. N. (2011). Analysis of Interaction among the Barriers to Total Quality Management Implementation using Interpretive Structural Modeling Approach. Benchmarking: An International Journal. 18 (4):563–587.
- Tari, J.J. Molina, J.F. and Castejon, J.L.(2007). The relationship between quality management practices and their effects on quality outcomes. European Journal of Operational Research, 183: 483-501.
- Tari, J.J.(2005). Components of successful total quality management. TQM Magazine. 17 (2):182-194.
- Tarí, Juan Jose (2005). Components of Successful Total Quality Management. The TQM Magazine. 17 (2): 182–194.
- Tiwari, U. and Cummins E. (2011): Factors influencing levels of photochemical in selected Fruit and Vegetables during pre- and post- harvest food processing operations. Food Research International. xxx: xxx–xxx.
- Tranfield, David, David, Denyer, and Palminder Smart. (2003). Towards a Methodology for Developing Evidence-informed Management Knowledge by Means of Systematic Review. British Journal of Management. 14 (3): 207–222.
- Verma V.S, Tikoo M.L.(2004). Packing systems and pattern of physical damage in postharvest citrus fruit decay in Jammu market. Indian Phytopathol. 57:267-271
- Vorst, J. V., and Beulens, A. (2002). Identifying sources of uncertainty to generate supply chain redesign strategies. International Journal of Physical Distribution and Logistics Management, 32 (6): 409-30.
- Vouzas, F. K. and Gotzamani, K. D. (2005). Best practices of selected Greek organizations on their road to business excellence: the contribution of the new ISO 9000: 2000 series of standards. The TQM Magazine. 17(3): 259-266.
- Welikala, Dilrukshi, and Amrik S. Sohal. (2008). Total quality management and employees involvement: A Case study of an Australian organization. Total Quality Management. 19 (6): 627–642.
- Wills, R.B.H, Ku, V.V.V., Shohot D, Kim, GH 1999. Importance of low ethylene levels to delay senescence of non-climacteric fruit and vegetables. Aust. J. Exp. Agric.39:221- 224.
- Wilma du Plooya, Thierry Regnierb, Sandra Combrinckb(2009). Essential oil amended coatings as alternatives to synthetic fungicides in citrus postharvest management. Postharvest Biology and Technology. 53: 117–122
- Wu, Sarah Jinhui, and Dongli Zhang. (2013). Analyzing the effectiveness of quality management practices in China. International Journal of Production Economics.144 (1): 281–289.
- Yasser Al-Zamani, Stephan, E.F Hoddell and Barbara M Savage, (2002). Quality management worldwide, Understanding the difficulties of quality management in Yemen. TQM magazine. 14( 2): 240-247.
- Yoav, G., Yoram, R., Price, N.S. and Seewooruthun. I. (2000). Mediterranean fruit fly control in Israel. Proceedings of the Indian Ocean Commission, Regional Fruit Fly Symposium, Flic en Flac, Mauritius, 5- 9 June, 2000: 77-81.
- Zhang, Z., Waszink, A., and Wijngard, J. (2000). An instrument for measuring TQM implementation for Chinese manufacturing companies. International Journal of Quality and Reliability Management. 17(7), pp 730755.
- Zipora Tietel, Anne Plotto, Elazar Fallik, Efraim Lewinsohnd and Ron Porata. (2010). Taste and aroma of fresh and stored mandarins. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture. DOI 10.1002/JSFA. 4146.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.