Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
Effect of nitrogen, phosphorus and zinc fertilization on yield and quality of kharif fodder -A review
First Online 28-09-2015|
- Abichandani, C.T., Manikar, N.D., Mishra, M.N., Karnail, G.T., Gill, A.S., Maurya,R.K. and Gopichandra (1970) Effect of top dressing of N on fodder yield of teosinte. Annual Report. I.G.F.R.I. Jhansi: 50.
- Alias, A., Usman, M., Ullah, E. and Warraich, E.A. (2003) Effect of different phosphorus levels on the growth and yield of two cultivars of maize. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 4: 632-634
- Alloway B.J. (2008). Zinc in Soils and Crop Nutrition. Second edition, published by IZA and IFA, Brussels, Belgium and Paris, France.
- Almodares, A., Taheri, R., Chung, M. and Fathi, M.(2008) The effect of nitrogen and potassium fertilizers on growth parameters and carbohydrate contents of sweet sorghum cultivars. Journal Environmental Biology 29 (6): 849-852
- Aref, F. (2012). Effect of different zinc and boron application methods on leaf nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium concentrations in maize grown on zinc and boron deficient calcareous soils. Journal of Soil and Nature 6 (1):1-10
- Ashoka, P., Mudalagiriyappa. M., Pujari, B.T., Hugar, P.S. and Desai, B.K. (2008). Effect of micronutrients with or without organic manures on yield of baby corn (Zea mays L.) chickpea (Cicer artietinum L.) sequence. Karnataka Journal of Agricultural Sciences 21 (4): 485-487
- Awan, Z.I. and Abbasi, M.K. (2000) Interactive effect of phosphorus and copper on maize growth. Pakistan Journal Agriculture Research 16 (2): 105-108.
- Ayub, M., Nadeem, M.A., Sharar, M.S. and Mahmood, N. (2002) Response of maize (Zea mays L.) fodder to different levels of nitrogen and phosphorus. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 1: 352-354
- Ayub, M., Nadeem, M.A., Tanveer, A. and Husnain, A. (2002a) Effect of different levels of nitrogen and harvesting times on growth, yield and quality of sorghum fodder. Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 4: 304-307.
- Ayub, M., Tanveer, A., Ahmad, R. and Tariq, M. (2000) Fodder yield and quality of two maize (Zea mays L.) varieties at different nitrogen levels. The Andhra Agricultural Journal 4: 7-11.
- Bhagwan, D., Sheoran, R.S. and Das, B. (1997) Effect of phosphorus fertilization on quality and yield of cowpea. Annals of Biology Ludhiana, 13 (1): 195-196
- Black, C.A. 1957. Treatment of corn seed with phosphate. Agronomy Journal 49(1): 98-99.
- Black, W.H., Tash, L.H., Jones, J.M. and Kleberg, J.R. (1949) Comparison of methods of supplying phosphorus to range cattle. USDA Technical Bulletin no. 981
- Bothe, D.T., Sable, R.N. and Raundal, P.U. (2000) Effect of Phosphorus, plant population and P-solubilizer on soybean fenugreek cropping system. Journal of Maharastra Agricultural University 25 (3): 310-311.
- Carpici,B., Celic,N., and Bayram,G. (2010) yield and quality of forage maize influenced by plant density and nitrogen rate. Turkish Journal of Field Crops 15(2):128-132.
- Cecato, U., Pereira, L.A.F., Jobim, C.C., Martins, E.N., Branco, A.F., Galbeiro, S. and Machado, A.O. (2004) Influence of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizationon the chemical composition of marandu grass (Brachiaria brizantha(Hochts) Stapf cv. Marandu). Journal of Animal Sciences 26 (3): 409-416
- Chaab, A., G.H, Savaghebi, R. and Motesharezadeh, B. (2011) Differences in the zinc efficiency among and with in maize cultivars in a calcareous soil. Asian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 3 (1): 26-31
- Chand, K., Dixit, M.L and Arora S.K. (1992) Yield and quality of forage sorghum as affected by phosphorus fertilization. Journal of Indian Society of Soil Science 40:302-306.
- Chatterjee, C., Sinha, P. and Agarwala, S.C. (1990) Interactive effect of boron and phosphorus on growth and metabolism of maize grown in refined sand. Canadian Journal Plant Science 70: 455-460.
- Chaudhary, E.H., Ranjha A.M., Gill M.A. and Mehdi, S.M. (2003) Phosphorus requirement of maize in relation to soil characteristics. International Journal of Agricultural and Biology 5 (4): 625-629.
- Colyer, D. and Kroth, Earl, M. (1968) Corn yield response and economic optima for N treatments and plant populations over a seven year period. Agronomy Journal 60: 524-529.
- Cox, W.J., Kalonge, S., Cherney, D.J.R. and Reid, W.S. (1993) Growth, yield and quality of forage maize under different nitrogen management practices. Agronomy Journals 85: 341-347
- Dadarwal, R.S., Jain, N.K. and Singh, D. (2009) Integrated nutrient management in baby corn (Zea mays). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 79 (12):1023–1025.
- Demkin, V.I. and Ageev, V.V. (1990) Productivity of maize as dependent on weather conditions and fertilizers and methods of covering them in a zone of unstable moisture supply. Agrokhimiya 7: 73-82.
- Efe, L., Yarpuz, E. (2011) The effect of zinc application methods on seed cotton yield, lint and seed quality of cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) in east Mediterranean region of Turkey. African Journal of Biotechnology 10: 8782-8789.
- Elsokkary, I.H., El Attar, H.A., Amer, M.A. (1981) Influence of phosphorus and zinc fertilizers on the uptake of P and Zn by corn plants grown in highly calcareous soils. Plant and Soil 59 (2): 227-236
- Eltelib, H.A., Hamad, M.A. and Ali, E.E. (2006) The effect of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization on growth, yield and quality of forage maize (Zea mays L.). Agronomy Journal 5 (3): 515 – 518.
- Farshid Aref (2011) Zinc and boron content by maize leaves from soil and foliar application of zinc sulphate and boric acid in zinc and boron deficient soils. Middle-East Journal of Scientific Research 7 (4): 610-618
- Gozubenli, H., Ulger. A.C. _ener O. (2001) The Effects of different zinc doses on grain yield and yield-related characters of some maize genotypes grown as second- crop. Journal of Agricultural Faculty. Ç.Ü., 16 (2): 39-48.
- Grazia, J.D., Tittonell, P.A., Germinara, D. And Chiesa, A. (2003) Phosphorus and nitrogen fertilization in sweet corn (Zea mays L. var. saccharata Bailey). Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research 1 (2): 103-107
- Hani, A., Eltelib., Muna, A., Hamad., Ali. E.E. (2006) The effect of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilization on growth, yield and quality of fodder maize (Zea mays L.) Journal of Agronomy 5 (3): 515-518.
- Hirpara, D. S., Patel, J. C., Patel, B. S. and Khanpara, V. D. (1992) Response of rainy season hybrid sorghum to nitrogen and phosphorus. Indian Journal of Agronomy 37 (3): 581-583.
- Issa Piri. (2012) Effect of phosphorus fertilizer and micronutrient foliar application on yield of sorghum. Annals of Biological Research 3 (8): 3998-4001
- Jaliya, M.M., Falaki, A.M., Mahmud, M. and Sani, Y.A. (2008) Effects of sowing date and NPK fertilizer rate on yield and yield components of quality protein maize (Zea mays L.). ARPN Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science 3(2): 22–29.
- Keram, K.S., Sharma, B.L. and Sawarkar, S.D. (2012) Impact of Zn application on yield, quality, nutrients uptake and soil fertility in a medium deep black soil (vertisol). International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology 1(5): 563 – 571
- Keshwa, G.L. and Jat, P.C. (1992) Effect of phosphorus and zinc on quality and fodder production of summer pearl millet (Pennisetum glaucum). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 37 (1-2): 187
- Khan, M.A., Abid, M., Hussain, N. and Massood, M.U. (2005) Effect of phosphorous levels on growth and yield of maize (Zea mays L.) cultivars under saline conditions. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 3: 511–514
- Khan, M.A., Fuller M.P. and Baluch, F.S. (2008) Effect of soil Applied zinc sulphate on wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) grown on a calcareous soil in Pakistan.Cereal Research Communication 36: 571-582.
- Khan, M.A., Khan, N.U., Ahmad, K., Baloch, M.S. and Shdiq, M. (1999) Yield of maize hybrid 3335 is affected by NP levels. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences 2: 857-859
- Khot, A.B., Yargattikar, A.T. and Patil, B.N. (1997) Effect of irrigation scheduling and phosphorus levels on green forage yield of Lucerne. Indian Journal of Agronomy 42 (3): 544-546.
- Kumar, M.A.A., Gali S.K. and Hebsur N.S. 2007. Effect of different levels of NPK on growth and yield parameters of sweet corn. Karnataka Journal Agricultural Sciences 20 (1): 41 – 43
- Lee, J.K. and Seo, S., (1988) Effect of N fertilization levels on the regrowth, carbohydrate reserves and dry matter yield of sorghum-sudangrass hybrid and other forage crops. Korean Journal of Animal Sciences 30 (7): 441-445
- Mehdi, S.S., Husain, B. and Singh, L. (2012) Influence of seed rate, nitrogen and zinc on fodder maize (Zea mays) in temperate conditions of western Himalayas. Indian Journal of Agronomy 57 (1): 85-88
- Maqsood, M., Abid, A.A., Iqbal, A. and Hussain, I.M. (2001) Effect of variable rates of nitrogen and phosphorus on growth and yield of maize (golden). Journal of Biological Sciences 1 (1): 19-20
- Mousavi, S.R., Galavi, M., Ahmadvand, G., ( 2007) Effect of zinc and manganese foliar application on yield, quality and enrichment on potato (Solanum tuberosum L.). Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 6: 1256-1260.
- Muchow, R.C. and Davis, R. (1988) Effect of nitrogen supply on the comparative productivity of maize and sorghum in a semi-arid tropical environment: ii. radiation interception and biomass accumulation. Field Crops Research 18: 17-30.
- Munir, I., Ranjha, A.M., Sarfraz, M., Obaid-ur-Rehman, Mehdiand, S.M. and Mahmood, K. (2004) Effect of residual phosphorus on sorghum fodder in two different textured soils. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology 6 (6): 967-969.
- Onasanya, R.O., Aiyelari, O.P., Onasanya, A., Oikeh, S., Nwilene, F.E. and Oyelakin, O.O. (2009) Growth and yield response of maize (Zea mays L.) to different rates of nitrogen and phosphorus fertilizers in southern Nigeria. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 5 (4): 400-407
- Panchanathan, R.M., Mohandas, S. and Kandaswamy, P. (1987) Effect of moisture regimes and nitrogen application on maize. Indian Journal of Agronomy 32:471-472.
- Parodhan, R.S., Bala, S. and Khoyumthem, P. (2007) Responce to rate of nitrogen and effect of plant density on yield of baby corn. Journal Intercad 11 (3): 265-269.
- Rakib, M., Banerjee, M. and Malik, G.C. (2011) Effect of integrated nutrient management on biometric parameters, yield parameters and economics of baby corn (Zea mays L.) International Journal of Agriculture, Environment &Biotechnology : 21- 26.
- Rashid, A and Ryan, J. (2004) Micronutrients constraints to crop production in soils with Mediterranean-type characteristics: A review. Journal of Plant Nutrition 27 (6): 959-975.
- Rashid, M. and Iqbal, M. (2012) Effect of phosphorus fertilization on the yield and quality of maize (Zea mays) fodder on clay loam soil. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences 22 (1): 199-203
- Rashid, M., Mahmood, T.,Nazir, M.S., Bhutta, W.A. and Ghaffar,A. (2004) Nutrient efficiency and economics of hybrid maize under different planting methods and nutrient levels. International Journal of Agriculture & Biology 5: 922–925
- Reddy, D.M. and Bhanumurthy, V.B. (2010) Fodder, grain yield, nitrogen uptake and crude protein of forage maize as influenced by different nitrogen management practices. International Journal of Biodiversity Science and Management 1 (2): 69-71
- Roy, P.R.S. and Khandaker, Z.H. (2010) Effect of phosphorus fertilizer on yield and nutritional value of sorghum (Sorghum bicolor) fodder at three cuttings. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Sciences 39 (1&2): 106 – 115
- Roy, R.K. and Singh, R.S. (1987) Effect of irrigation and fertilizer on yield, water use efficiency and nutrient concentration in winter maize. Indian Journal of Agronomy 32: 314-318.
- Sahoo, S.C. and Panda, M.M. (1999) Effect of level of nitrogen and plant population on the yield of baby corn (Zea mays). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 69 (2): 157-158.
- Sanjeev, K. And Bangarwa, A.S. (1997) Yield and yield components of winter maize (Zea mays L.) as influence by plant density and nitrogen levels. Agricultural Science Digest 17: 181-184
- Sharar, M.S., Ayub, M., Nadeem, M.A. and Ahmad, N. (2003) Effect of different rates of nitrogen and phosphorus on growth and grain yield of maize (Zea mays L.). Asian Journal of Plant Sciences 2 (3): 347-349
- Sharifi, R.S. and Taghizadeh, R. (2009) Response of maize (Zea mays L.) cultivars to different levels of nitrogen fertilizer. Journals of Food, Agriculture and Environment 7 (3-4): 518-521.
- Shehzad,M.A., Maqsood,M.,Bhatti,M.A.,Ahmad,W., and Shahid,M.R.(2012) Effect of nitrogen fertilization rate and harvest time on maize (Zea mays L.) fodder yield and its quality attributes. Asian journal of Pharmaceutical and Biological Research 2 (1):19-26.
- Siam, S.H., Abd-El- Kader, G.M., and El-Alia, I.H. (2008) Yield and yield components of maize as affected by different sources and application rates of nitrogen fertilizer. Research Journal of Agricultural and Biological Sciences 4 (5): 399-412.
- Singh, D.P., Prasad, S.D., Prasad, V.K. and Sharma, N.N. (1982) Response of pop corn to nitrogen and plant population in winter. Indian Journal of Agronomy 27(2): 189-190.
- Singh, M.K., Singh, R.N., Singh, S.P., Yadav, M.K. and Singh, V.K. (2010) Integrated nutrient management for higher yield, quality and profitability of baby corn (Zea mays). Indian Journal of Agronomy 55 (2): 100-104
- Singh, V., Sharma, S.P., Verma, S.S. and Joshi, Y.P. (1988) Effect of nitrogen fertilization and cutting management on the yield and quality of herbage of teosinte.(Euchlaena mexicana Schrad.). Tropical Agriculture 65 (3): 194-196
- Singh, V., Singh, A.K., Verma, S.S. and Joshi, Y.P. (1988) Effect of nitrogen fertilization on yield and quality of multicut tropical forages. Tropical Agriculture 65 (2): 129-131
- Sinha, R.B., Sakal, R. and Kumar, S. (1995) Sulpher and phosphorus nutrition of winter maize in calcareous soils. Journal of Indian Society of Soil Sciences 43(3):413-418.
- Thakur, D.R., Vinod Sharma and Sharma, V. (2000) Effect of planting geometry on baby corn yield in hybrid and composite cultivars of maize. Journal of Agricultural Science 70(4): 246-247.
- Valdabadi, S.A and Farahani, H.A. (2012) Effects of planting density and pattern on physiological growth indices in maize (Zea mays L.) under nitrogenous fertilizer application. Journal of Agricultural Extension and Rural Development 2(3): 40-47
- Wadasworth, G., (2002) Forage maize fertilizer requirement, Potash Development Association, Brixtarw, pp. 25-29.
- Walli, T.K. and Relwani, L.L. (1970) Effect of seed rates and nitrogen levels on fodder yields of teosinte. Indian Journal of Agronomy 15 (4): 400
- Zhoori, A.M., Rahemi and Kholdebarin, B. (2009) Ameliorative effects of zinc on Pistachio (Pistacia vera L.) growth under salt-affected soil conditions. Research Journal of Environmental Sciences 3: 656-660.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.