Chief EditorPradeep K. Sharma
Print ISSN 0253-1496
Online ISSN 0976-0741
NAAS Rating 4.63
RICE BRAN OIL- UNIQUE GIFT OF NATURE: A REVIEW
First Online |
- Aizono, Y., Funatsu, M., Fujiki, Y. and Watanake, M. (1976). Refining of rice bran oil. Agr. Biol. Chem., 40: 317–324.
- Barber, S. and Benedito, B.C. (1980). Rice brain: Chemistry and technology. In Rice Production and Utilization, edited by B.S. Lush. and C.T: Westport, AVI, pp. 790-862.
- Bhattacharyya, A.C., Majumdar S. and Bhattacharyya D. K. (1986). Comparison of bio- and autocatalytic esterification of oils using mono and diglycerides. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc., 63:1189–1191.
- Chakrabarti, P.P. and Rao, B.V.S.K. (2004). Process for the pre-treatment of vegetable oils for physical refining. Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, India, Patent, 2004-05-Nv0342.
- De Guzman, D. (2003). Ethanol amines face oversupply and raw material of rice bran oil. Chemical Marketing Reporter, 12: 263-269.
- FAOSTAT (1998). Nutritional and biochemical aspects of the hypolipidemic action of rice bran oil. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, 18: 67-76.
- Ghosh, M. and Bandyopadhyay, S. (2005). Studies on crystal growth of rice bran wax in a hexane medium. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 82: 229–231.
- Gingras, L. (2002). N-3 Fatty acid dietary recommendations and food sources to achieve essentiality and cardiovascular benefits. Amer J. Clin. Nut., 83(6): 1526-1535.
- Godber, J.S. and Juliano, B.O. (2003). Lipophilic and hydrophilic antioxidants and their antioxidant activities in purple rice bran. Rice Chemistry and Technology, American Association of Cereal Chemists, St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Juliano, B.O. (1985). Biochemical properties of rice. In Rice: Chemistry and Technology, pp 175-206.
- Kahlon, T.S., Saunders, R.M., Sayre, R.N., Chow, F.I., Chiu, M.M. and Betschart, A.A. (1992). Cholestrol lowering effect of rice bran and rice bran oil fractions in hypercholestrolernic hamsters. Cereal Chem., 69: 485–489.
- Krishna, A.G., Khatoon, S.P.M., Sheila, C.V., Sarmandal, T.N. and Mishra, A. (2001). Effect of refining of crude rice bran oil on the retention of oryzanol in the refined oil. J. Amer. Oil Chem. Soc., 78: 127-131.
- Lloyd, B.J., Siebenmorgen, T. and Beers, K.W. (2000). Effect of commercial processing on antioxidants in rice bran. Cereal Chem., 77: 551-555.
- Orthoefer, F.T. and Atlanta, G.A. (1994). Process for producing rice bran oil. Presented at 85th American Oil Chemists Soc. Annual Meeting. Anaheim, California.
- Orthoefer, F T. and Hui, Y.H. (1996). Rice bran oil. Bailey’s Industrial Oil and Fat Products, 5 ed., vol. 2, J. Wiley and Sons, Inc. New York.
- Prabhakar, J.V. and Venkatesh K.V.L. (1986). A simple method for stabilization of rice bran. J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 63:644–646.
- Qureshi, A.A., Sami, S.A., Salser, W.A. and Khan, F.A. (2002). Dose-dependent suppression of serum cholesterol by tocotrienol-rich fraction (TRF25) of rice bran in hypercholesterolemic humans. Atherosclerosis. 161: 199-207.
- Rajam L., Kumar D.R.S., Sundarsan A. and Arumugham, C. (2005). A novel process for physically refined rice bran oil through simultaneous degumming and dewaxing. J Am. Oil Chem. Soc., 82: 213–220.
- Randall, J.M. and Oliveira, M.G.C. (1985). Stability and microbiological quality of rice bran subjected to different heat treatments. J. Food Sci., 50: 361–364.
- Rukmini, C. and Raghuram, T.C. (1991). Nutritional and biochemical aspects of the hypolipidemic action of rice bran oil. J. Am. Coll. Nutr., 10: 593–601.
- Seetharamaiah, G.S. and Prabhakar, J.V. (1986). Content of Indian rice bran oil and is extraction from soap stock. J. Food Sci. Tech., 23: 270–273.
- Sugano, M. and Tsuji, E. (1997). Rice bran oil and cholesterol metabolism. J. Nutrition, 127: 52-62.
- Wilson, T.A., Ausman, L.M., Lawton, C.W., Hegsted, M., Nicolosi, R.J. (2000). Comparative cholesterol lowering properties of vegetable oils: beyond fatty acids. J Am. Coll. Nutr., 19: 601-617.
All claims expressed in this article are solely those of the authors and do not necessarily represent those of their affiliated organizations, or those of the publisher, the editors and the reviewers. Any product that may be evaluated in this article or claim that may be made by its manufacturer is not guaranteed or endorsed by the publisher.
This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.